Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe....but I can assure you that I wouldnt knock it off my list before I hit it. Its stupid long and straight. I would game one in a heartbeat.

Hanks has a K15 in the bag and that thing is a cannon. Stupid long and straight is a good way to describe it

+1 I bombed one 2 days ago at Golf Galaxy. The Launch Numbers were surprising.

no doubt, that club was surprising to me.

I'll give it a shot, a few swing with it won't do any harm!

Being a lefty will I have a hard time finding LH clubs in the big shops in Orlando?

I agree, no harm done at all. I wouldnt think that you will have a hard time finding this!

I'd hit it anyway...especially if you get a shaft that has a fad bias to it (i.e the Miyazaki I have in it) they almost counteract each other and provide a nice straight ball flight. even the misses are pretty straight and fun to watch!
My miss is a hook, so that takes the K15 out of the equation, too bad because I haven't seen many/any bad reviews on it.

Exactly, don't take away an option before you hit it
Maybe....but I can assure you that I wouldnt knock it off my list before I hit it. Its stupid long and straight. I would game one in a heartbeat.

That's the best way to describe the combo I have now when all lines up correctly
Hanks has a K15 in the bag and that thing is a cannon. Stupid long and straight is a good way to describe it

The sound alone is a little different in the K vs. the G and that makes it that much better.
+1, no comparison at all.

I liked the k15 as well but thought the g15 felt better/sounded better. I also really liked the i15 driver. If one struggled with a hook then the i15 might be the better candidate.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Still pondering a driver. Do any of you with experience advise a trackman fitting for someone who isn't extremely consistent?

Tap before talk.

Still pondering a driver. Do any of you with experience advise a trackman fitting for someone who isn't extremely consistent?

Tap before talk.

Absolutely. One of the best parts of fitting is to get help for the misses while letting the club get out of the way of a good shot. Even if you miss is an inconsistent miss, a fitter can often find why the miss is inconsistent and help out with a bunch of them.

Absolutely. One of the best parts of fitting is to get help for the misses while letting the club get out of the way of a good shot. Even if you miss is an inconsistent miss, a fitter can often find why the miss is inconsistent and help out with a bunch of them.

Thanks. I just figure if I'm going to spend 3-500 on a club, it should be perfect

Tap before talk.

After hitting a bunch of irons today, the Titleist AP2 and Adams CB1 are really REALLY calling to me. Going to a demo day in a few weeks to stack these up with the Mizuno MP-53's and see who's the king of the hill.

Got a question for you guys, which 2011 ball have you been most impressed with this year? Im asking this because Golf Galaxy is doing a $10 off 50 w/ free shipping online until tommorow, thought it would be a good time to get a dozen or 2.

Got a question for you guys, which 2011 ball have you been most impressed with this year? Im asking this because Golf Galaxy is doing a $10 off 50 w/ free shipping online until tommorow, thought it would be a good time to get a dozen or 2.

The best ball of the year is the one that fits your game. Can properly compress off the tee without over compression.

The best ball of the year is the one that fits your game. Can properly compress off the tee without over compression.

Yep my thoughts as well. Unless your are certain that you and another person have fairly identical games its kind of hard for one person to reccomend a specific ball to another.

Guys Im not that specific really, something that feels like a rock is something I wont play other than that Im open to anything. Is the new ProV1 a serious upgrade over the 09 version? Is Z-Star XV a big upgrade from the Z-Star/Z-Star X? New B-stone 330-S dramatically better than last years model? I just dont have any personal feedback for the 2011 balls, so any opinions are helpful on anything.

My block of damascus has arrived in Australia, now I'm pondering just what Kari is going to do with it.

:clapp::clapp::clapp:

Guys Im not that specific really, something that feels like a rock is something I wont play other than that Im open to anything. Is the new ProV1 a serious upgrade over the 09 version? Is Z-Star XV a big upgrade from the Z-Star/Z-Star X? New B-stone 330-S dramatically better than last years model? I just dont have any personal feedback for the 2011 balls, so any opinions are helpful on anything.

But that is the problem I think. The ball will be more important in the game then the clubs you are playing. You are playing forged players irons and a low launch driver, yet the ball could give you or take away up to 20 yards off the tee based on spin and compression.

My block of damascus has arrived in Australia, now I'm pondering just what Kari is going to do with it.

Whoo! I can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

Tap before talk.

Looks forward to see what you two come up with mate.

Speaking there of, how does one get there hands on one of those Lizard head covers? I enjoy my reptiles

Finally I just saw pictures of the one where he did lizard milling on the face. WANT!!!

Bridgestone B330 RXS yellow. Great distance off the tee for me and I have gotten some excellent spin around the greens.

OH goodness! You MUST post pictures and ask Kari to take pictures as he is milling it. I love the look of damascus putters!

Whoo! I can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

Tap before talk.

Me either! Its like I said in the Lajosi thread, even Kari is stoked to mill this one since he's never milled damascus before. He's got full autonomy on this one, I just schoose the neck style.

Looks forward to see what you two come up with mate.

Speaking there of, how does one get there hands on one of those Lizard head covers? I enjoy my reptiles

Finally I just saw pictures of the one where he did lizard milling on the face. WANT!!!

Thanks ST! His lizard milling is def impressive (and yes he CAN paintfill them lol).

As far as the HC's, he def sells them seperate (I've got 4 putters but 6 HC's lol) in several diff colors. Shoot me a PM if you really want one and I can just have him send it with my putter and I'll ship it up to you form there. Or just email him, Kari will always reply.

OH goodness! You MUST post pictures and ask Kari to take pictures as he is milling it. I love the look of damascus putters!

You know I will Seth! THis one could be unbelievable, I'm just anxious to see what pattern this damascus billet is, I hope it looks good.

My coach (weird to have a swing coach) gave me a 30 minute putting lesson and I had a significantly better day putting. The problem is, the Seemore has this soft face and I feel that with this new stroke, something with a hotter face would help a ton. Looking at CS Method and CS Ghost

Tap before talk.

after demoing some drivers yesterday, I am really pondering an r11 or a Vr Pro. I also got to hit the Z-star driver and fairway. I really liked the fairway wood, that thing was a cannon. The driver felt great too, perhaps I'll win it at the outing!

after demoing some drivers yesterday, I am really pondering an r11 or a Vr Pro. I also got to hit the Z-star driver and fairway. I really liked the fairway wood, that thing was a cannon. The driver felt great too, perhaps I'll win it at the outing!

Did you get any swings in with the Razr Hawk?

If you are looking for a driver I would recommend.

1. TM R11
2. Razr Hawk
3. Diablo Octane
4. Cobra S3
5. Ping K15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back