Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting here pondering this Nellie I just opened up to demo! A MAJOR league looker!

The Mashie is a great hybrid but I can't get the Rescue 11 out of my head, think it is the white head that it drawing me in

I thought I was gonna love that hybrid too, til I hit it. It just left me wanting more. I am not just saying this b/c I am a Callaway staffer but the Razr X Hybrid is one bad hybrid. I think its highly under rated.

I thought I was gonna love that hybrid too, til I hit it. It just left me wanting more. I am not just saying this b/c I am a Callaway staffer but the Razr X Hybrid is one bad hybrid. I think its highly under rated.

LOL I get what your saying, but it doesn't really come out right. I'm really loving the Rescue 11 hybrids, but I think thats mostly due to going to the 85 gram RIP shaft instead of the stock shaft.

I play a draw with majority of my clubs. My Hybrid now if i miss it is normally just a pull but i tend to play a draw with it and it works great. I really like my clubs just need a new hybrid. My Dad has the R11 and the few times i hit it i actually prefer my R7 over it.

I could see that as the R11 isnt nearly as forgiving as the R7.

If you tend to draw/hook with a hybrid I would stray from the Mashie. It has a tendency to go draw(they made it that way on purpose). you could get the tour mashie and be fine as it has an open face

I don't know what it is that is drawing me in. I love my Mashie but can't help thinking about the Rescue 11.

my money will be better spent on the R11 driver

I don't know what it is that is drawing me in. I love my Mashie but can't help thinking about the Rescue 11.

my money will be better spent on the R11 driver

Dude, I am telling you, I was the same way til I had the chance to hit it side by side with other hbrids. It lost....hahaha

I could see that as the R11 isnt nearly as forgiving as the R7.

If you tend to draw/hook with a hybrid I would stray from the Mashie. It has a tendency to go draw(they made it that way on purpose). you could get the tour mashie and be fine as it has an open face

Yea my R7 is nice and i love it. Normally about 300yds dead straight. I tend to hit my driver off my tees on my home course as i can shape it fairly easy but here lately i'm trying to play a bit smarter hitting more 3wood and hybrid off the tee which is the main reason i'm thinking of upgrading. It would be a 2 Hybrid mainly for tee shots and maybe 1 shot on a long par 5 to reach in 2.

Yea my R7 is nice and i love it. Normally about 300yds dead straight. I tend to hit my driver off my tees on my home course as i can shape it fairly easy but here lately i'm trying to play a bit smarter hitting more 3wood and hybrid off the tee which is the main reason i'm thinking of upgrading. It would be a 2 Hybrid mainly for tee shots and maybe 1 shot on a long par 5 to reach in 2.

I understand what your looking for. Best I can say is get out to a local golf shop and test as much as possible.

Since I'm out of commission for the nonce it give me something to do. lol

Haha, fun for you, maybe not for the ole pocketbook though!

I won a nice piece of change in my last tournament JMan. :)

Well then, get after it! (I really just want to see pictures! hahaha)

I understand what your looking for. Best I can say is get out to a local golf shop and test as much as possible.

my local head pro(also my old boss) told me to get the titliest 910H hybrid. Said it was amazing.

my local head pro(also my old boss) told me to get the titliest 910H hybrid. Said it was amazing.

Well I can tell you the Mashie is amazing and another guy will tell you the Rescue 11 is amazing, but it all depends on which one works best for your swing.

My 49* Niblick was a bad-boy today. Bad.

I have the pondering for something to keep it in check, I'm thinking a 50* iWedge or G15 UW since the new Eye2's are only Sand and Lob...of course...I could just put the AW for my 2.0's in play for a round or two...that would make way more sense.

Currently i have an Older Hogan 2 hybrid that i'm looking to replace. I'm really looking hard at the Taylormade rescue TP 2011 on ebay. Anyone who has it how is it? I'd really like to get it for about 100 which might be a bit of a stretch but its my goal.

Hey UNCFan6 i just got the taylormade rescue TP 2011 4 hybrid on ebay and got it for 100.02 brand new so deals are out there. I love the club i hit it off the tee and its a great club. Love the white head too.

I finally decided I NEED a driver of my own. I am going to start with a small list and work from there.

Nike VR Pro
Callaway RAZR Hawk Tour
Adams 9064LS
Titleist 910D3

I finally decided I NEED a driver of my own. I am going to start with a small list and work from there.

Nike VR Pro
Callaway RAZR Hawk Tour
Adams 9064LS
Titleist 910D3

Great list Dent!! Out of curiosity, why those specifically? No TM or the Srixon Z Star everyone has been speaking so fondly of?

Nike VR Pro
Callaway RAZR Hawk Tour
Adams 9064LS
Titleist 910D3

Great list there Dent, what about the Burner Superfast 2.0? I know you said you loved it in the past, and from playing it the last few weeks I can tell you that I love it.

With the great :nike: offerings this year, I am pondering giving the VR Pro Driver and 3 wood a shot..

Not sure if the Project X shaft will be where I want to go, but I am hoping my club has a good collection of shafts that I can mess with.

Well I can tell you the Mashie is amazing and another guy will tell you the Rescue 11 is amazing, but it all depends on which one works best for your swing.
I like them both. Think they are both very solid hybrids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back