Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a great bonus any day now and I am going to get a new bag (SM C130), pondering a range finder, new shoes and a new/new to me 3 wood (I really want a TE Exotics). It will most likely be the bag and the range finder.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

congrats man!

didn't you just get the TM TP 3w, OEM Jr?

I am getting a great bonus any day now and I am going to get a new bag (SM C130), pondering a range finder, new shoes and a new/new to me 3 wood (I really want a TE Exotics). It will most likely be the bag and the range finder.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

I’m thinking about getting an Oban Devotion 7 X shaft for my R11.

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but I think this is the place for it. I'm looking for a set of GI irons and have narrowed down my choices - just looking for some extra info/personal stories from this great message board. It's not that I can't hit my MP-30s, its just frustrating at times. I think a step before these would be great. I will probably even keep them. Anyway,

Cleveland CG7
Mizuno MX 23/25/200
Taylormade R9 (not TP), Burner, Burner 2.0
Titleist AP1

Anything else I should look at? Thanks, everyone.

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but I think this is the place for it. I'm looking for a set of GI irons and have narrowed down my choices - just looking for some extra info/personal stories from this great message board. It's not that I can't hit my MP-30s, its just frustrating at times. I think a step before these would be great. I will probably even keep them. Anyway,

Cleveland CG7
Mizuno MX 23/25/200
Titleist AP1

Id say dont count out VR full cavities, Wilson Di11, Cobra has some good GI irons. Hit as many as you can Madhavok. The more the better.

Cleveland CG7
Mizuno MX 23/25/200
Titleist AP1

Take it from someone who tried a lot of different irons before choosing. Hit the Razr X and the Adams Redline as well. They are both really sweet irons.

Cleveland CG7
Mizuno MX 23/25/200
Titleist AP1

Id also second the Di11's, RAZR X, Redline's and add the CG16's to the list.

Thanks for the replies!

I just read the Di11 thread - seems like a great set and pretty inexpensive. I also have a proform for Wilson Staff. Tho - how is the uniflex shaft on these ? Didn't seem like much of an issue ?

Thanks for the replies!

I just read the Di11 thread - seems like a great set and pretty inexpensive. I also have a proform for Wilson Staff. Tho - how is the uniflex shaft on these ? Didn't seem like much of an issue ?

Uniflex shaft was great. Kept up with my swing which is pretty average. Driver SS: 100 6I SS: 83

Uniflex shaft was great. Kept up with my swing which is pretty average. Driver SS: 100 6I SS: 83

I agree with CL here, the uniflex shaft was very very good in the Di11's. I had no issues with it at all.

So Im pondering some pictures of CL's Nike irons...

So Im pondering some pictures of CL's Nike irons...

You and me both. Ansel Adams' much shorter little brother had to go take those good pics and now I am stuck thinking about a set.

Thanks for the replies!

Yonex hybrid I want u.

Best purchase since my 2.0's?

The 2011 Eye2 XG's. I sit here still pondering just how awesome they were today, auto-freaking-matic for me.

I backed up a Noodle. A Noodle. I don't EVER back up shots.

Best purchase since my 2.0's?

The 2011 Eye2 XG's. I sit here still pondering just how awesome they were today, auto-freaking-matic for me.

I backed up a Noodle. A Noodle. I don't EVER back up shots.

That's awesome! Glad they are working so well for you

Tap tap taparoo

Pondering the lower portion of my bag (again). Wondering if I really need all the hybrids, but I don't really have anything in mind to replace them with. I took the Redline 3h to the range the other day to see if I could squeeze it in between the Heavy and my 3W, but I still can't hit the thing worth a crap.

Pondering the lower portion of my bag (again). Wondering if I really need all the hybrids, but I don't really have anything in mind to replace them with. I took the Redline 3h to the range the other day to see if I could squeeze it in between the Heavy and my 3W, but I still can't hit the thing worth a crap.

I couldn't hit that redline hybrid either when I tried to at the outing.

I couldn't hit that redline hybrid either when I tried to at the outing.

I thought it would be different since I have been hitting the Heavy so well, but it didn't carry over. Couldn't keep it straight. It goes far, but also goes far to the right.

I thought it would be different since I have been hitting the Heavy so well, but it didn't carry over. Couldn't keep it straight. It goes far, but also goes far to the right.

I hit the heavy very well too but for some reason not the Redline. If I were to ponder a new hybrid it would be either the Heavy or the Yonex.

I hit the heavy very well too but for some reason not the Redline. If I were to ponder a new hybrid it would be either the Heavy or the Yonex.

I think it's a bummer that most people won't ponder either to their full potential.

or perhaps a RAZR X?

or perhaps a RAZR X?

I'd like to give one of those a swing, too. They have a couple at the club I play at, but they are not leaving the store for any demo time. They set up really nice to the ball. I noticed the rounded leading edge. What did you think about that, TC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back