Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering that learning to love putters outside of center-shafted is just another pandoras box.

You might not like this but I just read this about torque:

Shaft torque describes how much a shaft would twist given a certain twisting force (1 oz weight is used for the measurement). A proper shaft torque in relation to the shaft flex, kick-point as well as club-head weight and position of CG influences your ability control ball trajectory. In principle, the lower the torque, the harder the feel and the less twisting feel (club-head turning around the shaft). Shaft torque of steel shafts does not vary too much, at around approximately 2.0, but that of graphite shafts varies more. It varies in the range of 1.8 to 12.0, although 3.5 to 5 appear to be the most common graphite shaft torque. If the torque of a shaft is less than 3, it is considered as a low torque shaft in general. Low torque, stiff shafts are difficult to use without sufficient head speed, while with a higher head speed, a high torque soft flex shaft causes off the target shots to the left. Without a sufficient club-head speed, a stiff low torque shaft tends to cause a push to the right.

Hmmmm... slightly confusing.. is this saying that shaft has too much torque for my swing?

Hmmmm... slightly confusing.. is this saying that shaft has too much torque for my swing?

Slightly. Thats what I'm reading but maybe I'm wrong. I'd check into that tomorrow before you order one though.

Rankings (1 = Highest)

Feel

1) Nike Machspeed Black
2) Nike VR
3) Adams 9064LS
4) Titleist 910D2
5) Callaway Razr Hawk
6) Cleveland TL310
7) Cobra S3 White

Looks

1) Adams 9064LS
2) Nike VR
3) Callaway Razr Hawk
4) Nike Machspeed Black
5) Titleist 910D2
6) Cleveland TL310
7) Cobra S3 White

Distance

1) Nike VR
2) Nike Machspeed Black
3) Titleist 910
4) Cleveland TL310
5) Cobra S3 White
6) Callaway Razr Hawk
7) Adams 9064LS

Accuracy

1) Nike Machspeed Black
2) Titleist 910
3) Adams 9064LS
4) Callaway Razr Hawk
5) Cobra S3 White
6) Nike VR
7) Cleveland TL310

Overall (Based on Categories)

1) Nike Machspeed Black - 24 pts.
2) Nike VR - 21 pts.
3) Adams 9064LS - 18 pts.
4) Titleist 910D2 - 18 pts.
5) Callaway Razr Hawk - 14 pts.
6) Cleveland TL310 - 9 pts.
7) Cobra S3 White - 8 pts.

**Thanks for reading. Any questions I'd love to answer them.

I am surprised you're set on the VR Pro and not really giving the Machspeed a second chance here dude... Similar distance numbers with better accuracy.. Seems like you're missing out on a driver that was seriously working for you.. I do love that the :nike: drivers ended up 1/2 for you. They are really doing some great things right now.

Iron homer...

:alien:
I am surprised you're set on the VR Pro and not really giving the Machspeed a second chance here dude... Similar distance numbers with better accuracy.. Seems like you're missing out on a driver that was seriously working for you.. I do love that the :nike: drivers ended up 1/2 for you. They are really doing some great things right now.

Skimmer, he is going with the Machspeed.

Slightly. Thats what I'm reading but maybe I'm wrong. I'd check into that tomorrow before you order one though.

Jeez that makes me rethink the shaft.. it just looks so deadly. I can do an upgrade but I'm terrible with shaft knowledge and have no idea what to get.

lol I was thinking the same thing.

Skimmer, he is going with the Machspeed.

haha as it turns out, I am just a terrible reader. I thought I read "I am putting the VR Pro on order" not "I was ready to.."

Iron homer...

I love the method putter, I love the VR Pro wedges, I love the VR Pro combo irons... I don't know if it's homer as much as it is just being generally blown away by how much better their new equipment is. But if I need to be a homer, I'm glad it's for :nike:

haha as it turns out, I am just a terrible reader. I thought I read "I am putting the VR Pro on order" not "I was ready to.."

I love the method putter, I love the VR Pro wedges, I love the VR Pro combo irons... I don't know if it's homer as much as it is just being generally blown away by how much better their new equipment is. But if I need to be a homer, I'm glad it's for :nike:

Any Nike driver ponderings in the near future Canadan?

Any Nike driver ponderings in the near future Canadan?

Oh big time.. I keep intending to have the guys at the club build me a non PX VR Pro to take out, but I've been caught up with my iron testing..

It will be happening very VERY soon. Maybe even the 3w as well.

Oh big time.. I keep intending to have the guys at the club build me a non PX VR Pro to take out, but I've been caught up with my iron testing..

I see an OEM bag in the future for you.

"Whats in Canadan's Bag"

:nike:

I see an OEM bag in the future for you.

"Whats in Canadan's Bag"

:nike:

haha I feel like from the waist down that's how it's going right now.. cg was talking up the new 20xi balls too.. I may need to give them a shot.. I wish they made an e7 comparable.

Nice! have you played either before? If you've played both are you a bigger fan of the Machspeed or the VR?

I went to golf town today to finally decide what kind of driver I wanted. I tested 7 drivers:
Curious why you didn't test the R11? You hit the Cobra? Not all white clubs are created equal.

Curious why you didn't test the R11? You hit the Cobra? Not all white clubs are created equal.

The R11 I just am not a fan of the feel of the driver. I find the thing super bottom heavy and for some reason on my downswing I feel the heavy kick in and it throws me off completely. I just wasn't interested in it.

Or the heavy?

Never even heard of it until you mentioned it 20 mins ago.

I agree Dent didnt like the R11 either. Found it very unforgiving.

But I've been hitting a Nike VR Pro 3W and I love it. Nike has some really solid equipment right now.

I agree Dent didnt like the R11 either. Found it very unforgiving.

But I've been hitting a Nike VR Pro 3W and I love it. Nike has some really solid equipment right now.

Agreed. I am just pondering a shaft now and hope if I upgrade I don't ruin the feel I got with it in the simulator.. I need some suggestions for a guy that hits the ball a medium height with a swing speed over 100.

Nice! have you played either before? If you've played both are you a bigger fan of the Machspeed or the VR?

I hit the VR Pro about 10 times earlier this year, but it had the PX 5.5 in it (which does.not.work.at.all for me) so I didn't get a great feel on flight. I thought it looked awesome on address and it's got a heck of a noise when hit pure.

Nothing on the machspeed yet, but I definitely intend to hit it as well.

I hit the VR Pro about 10 times earlier this year, but it had the PX 5.5 in it (which does.not.work.at.all for me) so I didn't get a great feel on flight. I thought it looked awesome on address and it's got a heck of a noise when hit pure.

Nothing on the machspeed yet, but I definitely intend to hit it as well.

Do so ASAP. The feel is amazing and the driver just looks so deadly.

There was something I just didn't like about the machspeed. Felt kind of hallow or dead. I think the VR is pretty legit. I'd lean that way if it was me.

Do so ASAP. The feel is amazing and the driver just looks so deadly.

I won't keep it off the list.. Problem is, I hit my R9 better than many of the new drivers (R11, Razr, 9064, etc) so I end up just stacking it up against that which works for me.

I really hope my club has a machspeed demo. I am impressed with how much you liked it dude.

There was something I just didn't like about the machspeed. Felt kind of hallow or dead. I think the VR is pretty legit. I'd lean that way if it was me.

I felt that way about the RAZR Hawk with the RIP in it... Do you think they are comparable at all? I just didn't feel like it offered much feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back