Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I'm going to say.
I do, and the same as MCook will say as well. I am leaning toward the Heavy Hybrid.

I do, and the same as MCook will say as well. I am leaning toward the Heavy Hybrid.

Hurry and get it dude. You have 30 days to decide with it iirc. FWIW, It's not short in any way for me. Ball flight is really nice and it's hard to miss with.

Do it man. Will have it by Tuesday or Wednesday. Looks great next to a SeeMore. #WINNING

I want J40 DP irons after reading Jakes review.

I dont. Jake and Hanks reviews both were very good but those irons just dont interest me at all. No pondering for me.

I just wish Boccieri would do something about that head cover. It works, but it's not good looking at all.

Hurry and get it dude. You have 30 days to decide with it iirc. FWIW, It's not short in any way for me. Ball flight is really nice and it's hard to miss with.

Do it man. Will have it by Tuesday or Wednesday. Looks great next to a SeeMore. #WINNING
My only concern is if there will be a distance loss over my current 3H. Maybe I will just go with a 4 or 5 hybrid, give myself some options.

A black and green pompom style would be rad.
Yes, it would.

What are you hitting your current hybrid?

The Heavy is 20°. I don't see you losing much distance if any at all.

Gees, I forgot how good the Heavy was and now you guys keep bringing it up. I should have ordered one.

What are you hitting your current hybrid?

The Heavy is 20°. I don't see you losing much distance if any at all.

TM Rescue Mid 3H, 19*. Hit it between 215-225.

It's from 2006, and has been a trusty club in my bag for the longest time. I am sure moving to a couple new hybrids will be beneficial, as the technology of the clubs alone will assist me.

They both have 40 inch shafts from what I'm seeing.

There's still time haha.

One degree of loft isn't going to lose you much at all. I bet you are still right there with it.

That there is lol. I have candidates to be sold too. Mmmhmm

That there is lol. I have candidates to be sold too. Mmmhmm

I think Cookie got one from Boccieri directly with no shipping and then another from TGW. I almost think both had a 30 day money back thing going on.

One degree of loft isn't going to lose you much at all. I bet you are still right there with it.

Reason I question the distance is that distance loss I see from my Superfast 3W to the Heavy 3 Wood.

Different clubs, I know. But, that's what the 30 day guarantee is for, right?

Reason I question the distance is that distance loss I see from my Superfast 3W to the Heavy 3 Wood.

Different clubs, I know. But, that's what the 30 day guarantee is for, right?

I think that's a very different situation though. That SuperFast is longer and lighter and designed to be long as hell.

all this Superfast talk has me pondering possibly a superfast 4H, cant recall if Ive hit one or not yet, probably not

hahaha. Sorry, war.eagle. No pressure dude! I love that hybrid though. I just want other people to talk about it with.

I think that's a very different situation though. That SuperFast is longer and lighter and designed to be long as hell.

Very true. From reading up on the HH, I dont think I would see a distance loss at all.

And, if I have as much success with that as I do with the Heavy Wood, I would be very happy.

Picked up my reshafted irons today and whilst there I took out their demo G20 driver which I'll use on Saturday.

The pro there knows my swing and has recommended the stock tour shaft in xtra stiff. He seems to think the stock options work better with that driver than after market options.

Looking forward to trying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy of mine has the G20 Tour (can't remember if it's stiff or x-stiff) and it is indeed a cannon!

Thinking about a new shaft for my Mashie, my Miyazaki is only a 59g stiff flex, but I need an X-Stiff shaft(couldnt buy Mashie in a X at Golf Galaxy when I bought it). Ive had good performance even with the stiff flex shaft but an X-stiff I think will allow me to make a better pass at the ball more confidently. Any thoughts on the Proforce V2 hybrid shafts? Im looking at one one ebay I can buy for $35, I think it is a 90g shaft. Heavier shafts I think work well with fast swing speeds for hybrids, am I correct?

I use a Proforce V2 85g shaft in my 19* hybrid and love it, but I don't know how it compares to the C.Kua. Check UST Mamiya's website. They have some charts to give you an idea about what weight/stiffness you should use.

I dont. Jake and Hanks reviews both were very good but those irons just dont interest me at all. No pondering for me.

Not for you huh? Why is that?

I like the simplicity of them. I like that they are just metal with nothing stuck onto them. I am not a fan of badges and the like.

Not for you huh? Why is that?

I like the simplicity of them. I like that they are just metal with nothing stuck onto them. I am not a fan of badges and the like.

Well, for one thing is availability but I guess I should hit them first. Jake had some really really solid numbers so that tells me they are very good.

Well, for one thing is availability but I guess I should hit them first. Jake had some really really solid numbers so that tells me they are very good.

I understand completely man. That is a big issue for me too. I absolutely fell in love with the J38 line and I have not been able to get these irons out of my head since. I would definitely have to order a special set to get a 3-pw and that would be annoying esp since I am standard all the way and don't usually have to wait for irons to come in from the factory. I am big into instant gratification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back