Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely contemplate Two 3 woods rather than a driver in the bag, if the RBZ was almost as long and much more accurate.

Same, or just the RBZ 3 and a 5 wood of some type.

I will say that TaylorMade has taken my pondering to a new level this year. Damn they are good at marketing.

I think I may be one of the few who really sucks with a 3w! As a 8hcp you'd think I would figure it out, but standing over a 3w, I have no idea where it's going!

I think I may be one of the few who really sucks with a 3w! As a 8hcp you'd think I would figure it out, but standing over a 3w, I have no idea where it's going!

Probably my most confident club, which is why the RBZ 3 wood is SO intriguing as a driver replacement.

Nope I'm with you. I've always struggled something fierce with a 3W. I hit a 4W as far as I do a 3W and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more accurate and consistent.

I used to avoid a 3W like TMex does crinkles but eventually got better with it. But occasionally I miss REAL bad with it.

I used to avoid a 3W like TMex does crinkles but eventually got better with it. But occasionally I miss REAL bad with it.

I guess working on it would be logical, but with a 3h and 4h I'm thinking I can get by without a 3w and be better off!

Crinkles are turrable annoyance. I love my 3w. I put it out there 240-250 on average but still play driver.. I don't know why.

I like that thinking...a lot.

Those two woods are definitely my two ponders in terms of 3-5W. And it will be quite a battle between the RBZ and Mashie hybrids this year.

Those two woods are definitely my two ponders in terms of 3-5W. And it will be quite a battle between the RBZ and Mashie hybrids this year.

I hear you man. I hit the Mashie a week or two ago at Golf Galaxy and I really liked it. Just kinda waiting around to see how the RBZ 3 wood is gonna be, then there will be lots of decisions to be made possibly having to rework the whole bag.

I hear you man. I hit the Mashie a week or two ago at Golf Galaxy and I really liked it. Just kinda waiting around to see how the RBZ 3 wood is gonna be, then there will be lots of decisions to be made possibly having to rework the whole bag.

This is probably going to be true for the longer part of my bag this year - from Driver to hybrid. I can't see myself playing any new irons as of yet, and I want to work with my new SeeMore a lot this year. Man, THP is awesome for my knowledge but horrendous for my bank account...

This is probably going to be true for the longer part of my bag this year - from Driver to hybrid. I can't see myself playing any new irons as of yet, and I want to work with my new SeeMore a lot this year. Man, THP is awesome for my knowledge but horrendous for my bank account...

Yes, yes it is. I'll be getting a new set of irons this year if I don't get picked for RBZ testing, and I also really want that RBZ 3 wood. Could turn out to be an expensive year

March....so not too far away. Hope they send some lefty wedges to demo day. It would be a hot item.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

You bet, I will be all over them if they do.

Why must winter come? All it does is set my pondering into high gear every single year and my bag into turmoil.

I'm pondering a Fubuki K-series shaft for my driver and hybrid, plus new wedges, plus new grips. Gonna be pricey...

Crinkles are turrable annoyance. I love my 3w. I put it out there 240-250 on average but still play driver.. I don't know why.

I'll tell you why... because we are stupid! hahaha! I am the same. I can consistently hit my 3W 250, and yet I chase my driver all around the dang course. Stupid! :D

Nope I'm with you. I've always struggled something fierce with a 3W. I hit a 4W as far as I do a 3W and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more accurate and consistent.

In the same way. Although I've hit my 4 wood further than my driver on numerous occasions. Therefore I'm not looking at the RBZ 3 wood but I'll check the driver out, for sure.

Tap before talk.

In the same way. Although I've hit my 4 wood further than my driver on numerous occasions. Therefore I'm not looking at the RBZ 3 wood but I'll check the driver out, for sure.

Tap before talk.

I'm seriously pondering J40 4-Wood. I love the 4-Wood and they have one. Love.

I'm seriously pondering J40 4-Wood. I love the 4-Wood and they have one. Love.

I honestly don't think I've ever hit a 4w. Now you have me pondering a couple really long par 3's that play into the wind all summer, lol.

Yeah, based on the THP reviews I really want to grab some, its just that there are so many choices out there, I guess thats why we ponder.

I tried the SCOR wedges and didn't really care for them. You might have seen my posts in the review thread. I will say that the V sole works great and they hit the ball a very consistent distance each swing. I just didn't care for the feel on full swings -- it just seemed dead to me, and I didn't know if I had struck the ball well or not until I looked up to see the ball flight. I couldn't get used to it at all. I also could not chip well with the club, which is very strange, but again I just couldn't get a feel for chip distances.

I ordered a 54*, which is what I use the most, but I wish I had tried a 58* instead. I rarely hit full shots with the 58, so I think I would have really liked it.

In the end, I was able to demo some Vokey SM4s for a couple of rounds, and loved them (and I have never really cared for Vokeys in the past). I sent my 54* back to SCOR and got a full refund with no hassle. If the Vokeys had a V sole, I think that would be my perfect wedge!

That is me dude. I can miss with a 3W like no other club in the bag. OB bad or not off the tee box bad

Tour Mashie. Things are dirt cheap used right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back