equipment testing

There is a lot to do and learn on THP, I wouldn't hold my breath for testing though. The reason I was pulled into this forum was to learn. You will find out everything you ever wanted to know about new equipment that is coming out and how it performs. I have made nearly all of my purchasing decisions since I joined because of reviews or conversations I have had on this site. I do take the opportunity to review products that I have purchased on my own as well, especially if there isn't already a thread on that product. I believe it can help others make decisions like I have from reviews on here.

As far as being picked for testing. This is the activity of the people that were selected for the most recent testing.
Posts Join Date
116 July ‘11
145 June ‘11
214 April ‘11
320 June ‘11
351 July ‘11
446 Oct ‘10
1,191 Oct ‘10
2,042 Aug ‘10
27,894 Oct ‘08

You can see that if you are very active you can get picked for a test the month after you signed up. But there really is no rhyme or reason other than that. So stay active and participate in as much as you can if you want to have the opportunity to review a product for the forum members. Oh, and be very thorough in your review, I think every forum member loves detail, pictures and video!

Who the heck would post that much? I mean come on.

Who the heck would post that much? I mean come on.

I don't know, I left names off of it, but I'm sure a person of less than average intelligence could come up with an accurate hypothesis.

Do we have an emoticon for sarcasm?

I don't know, I left names off of it, but I'm sure a person of less than average intelligence could come up with an accurate hypothesis.

Do we have an emoticon for sarcasm?

I usually prefer the <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags.

okay, thanks :D under which sub category is it? Golf clubs, balls and accessories?

Log on to THP. Hit the New Posts button at the top. This will show you all the posts that have happened since you last logged off. So this will show you the Club Testing posts plus all the other posts that you can reply to. Being active in the forum is the best way of being noticed. I will also give you a hint. Sign up for all the tests. Don't just sign up for the sexy ones. I tested balls first I believe and had a great time doing that. Be a helpful forumer and you will get noticed.

Log on to THP. Hit the New Posts button at the top. This will show you all the posts that have happened since you last logged off. So this will show you the Club Testing posts plus all the other posts that you can reply to. Being active in the forum is the best way of being noticed. I will also give you a hint. Sign up for all the tests. Don't just sign up for the sexy ones. I tested balls first I believe and had a great time doing that. Be a helpful forumer and you will get noticed.

Couldnt have said it better CL. Testing opportunities are not opportunities for free equipment, it's to test something out, and share your review and thoughts with the rest of THP. It's been said before, do a good job of reviewing, stay active on THP, and your likelihood of being selected increases.

Couldnt have said it better CL. Testing opportunities are not opportunities for free equipment, it's to test something out, and share your review and thoughts with the rest of THP. It's been said before, do a good job of reviewing, stay active on THP, and your likelihood of being selected increases.

+1 here. Well put.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I'll echo what everyone else has said, testing is not only a privilege but it comes with responsibility. OEMs are sending your their products and they expect honest reviews and feedback so that not only do others learn about their product, but the OEMs themselves get to hear how a small sample of their target audience feels about it.

As others have said, stay active, ask questions in other testing threads and sign up for all the testing opportunities you see, and sooner or later you'll get chosen.

Testing is just a small part of why THP is the best golf site on the Internet!

i see all over here people testing stuff for THP, im wondering how i can apply to to this? or how it works?

Participate, participate and participate some more. Also, don't make it seem like you are here for the testing. Threads like these raise eyebrows. As others have said, the testing threads are obvious. And don't look at testing as a way to upgrade your bag.

Back