Euro 2012 (Spoilers)

My gosh, Ronaldo doesn't even get to take a PK? Bad choice by the Portugal manager.

As if he had any say. Ronaldo wanted the glory of taking the 5th and winning kick. Hubris instead kicked him straight in the nuts.

That's like saying whomever the dutch national coach makes any choices while Sneidjer is on the team
Why are dolphins always the victims in tuna-related violence...

Portugal annoyes me. The last 10 minutes of extra time was a show by Spain. I have no idea why they weren't playing that well for the first 90 minutes. I am hoping that Germany beats Italy. I want to see some sort of attacking in the final.

Agreed with both points...that Portugal is annoying, and that Germany goes on to the final. Is it bad that I liked seeing the whiner not take a PK today? So long, Christiano!

Hah!

Tuna's are meaner then flipper, even Dr. Flipper.

As if he had any say. Ronaldo wanted the glory of taking the 5th and winning kick. Hubris instead kicked him straight in the nuts.

That's like saying whomever the dutch national coach makes any choices while Sneidjer is on the team

Clearly those managers are lacking enough gravitas.

Clearly those managers are lacking enough gravitas.

I don't disagree but Player Power is quite the thing in footie mate.

See Ronaldo running the show when a manager with an iron fist isn't there (Fergie, Mou)
See Snejdier running the show everywhere
See Raul everywhere. The Spanish national team which should have been beating people into slush for years was destroyed by him
See England National every year
See Chelsea players with the owners number on speed dial kicking managers out of the club to appease them.

Once your at the top, there seems to be few instances where whinney players aren't getting/trying to get their way and few places where it doesn't work.

Well hopefully tonight's semi final will be better as that one was pretty poor. If Spain had played they way they did in extra time during normal time they would have won it. Can't understand why they didn't play Torres or Llorente up front as I think that would have made a difference, they are really missing Villa. Ramos had obviously watched Pirlo's penalty, quality penalty from a defender.

Would like to see Germany win tonight as they have played some of the best attacking football at the Euros and would give Spain a good game in the final.

You should have seen how badly the people in England went after Ashley Young and Ashley Cole after they lost on Sunday to Italy. It was brutal. They are arresting people for racism over there.

With regards to the racism, one idiot decided to post some crap on twitter and the police are looking into it.
As for the treatment of the 2 guys named, yeah, they are getting a bit of stick Ashley Young more so due to his frankly poor performance throughout the tournament, and his failure to even hit the target during the shoot out. Although he hit the target, Ashley Cole's kick wasn't much better.
With England's recent history in penalty shoot outs, if you don't score, you are going to get singled out.

As for the semi last night, it was shocking. This year has got Germany written all over it!

Tapped via tapatalk

Well hopefully tonight's semi final will be better as that one was pretty poor. If Spain had played they way they did in extra time during normal time they would have won it. Can't understand why they didn't play Torres or Llorente up front as I think that would have made a difference, they are really missing Villa. Ramos had obviously watched Pirlo's penalty, quality penalty from a defender.

Would like to see Germany win tonight as they have played some of the best attacking football at the Euros and would give Spain a good game in the final.
They couldn't play this way earlier, because Portugal was defending very well.
Just like Barcelona vs Real Madrid, they threw everything at them to disrupt their strong shortpassing build-up game and score a goal after winning possession.
Sometimes it works, sometimes they go 70minutes without scoring and just don't have anything left. It's extremely intense on the defensive movement, but it's repeatedly shown that it can work.
When they run out of steam it just falls apart. Gaps get wider, passes go through. it's easier to move a ball than players.

The embarassing part is, though, that they probably didn't even have one effort going on target...

Probably.

I'd rather see Germany either thump Spain or have all the Bayern players on Germany have a true Nevermunich year.

Auf geht's Deutschland schiesst ein Toooooor!!!

What a wonderful cross, and Balotelli makes no mistake with the header!

Wow, what a play by the Azurri. But Ze Germans don't have to panic yet...they've had plenty of chances.

The question with Balotelli is though, will he get another goal or a card first?

The question with Balotelli is though, will he get another goal or a card first?

I was shocked, he was actually quite calm by his standards after the goal!

I like Balotelli's hair-do. How is he Italian? Ze Germans won't panic. I still think Pirlo is the best player on the pitch. That dude sets everything up. I wish I was a Euro so I could get into this stuff more.

I was shocked, he was actually quite calm by his standards after the goal!

Give him a little while. He can lose it faster than yorkem.

Balotelli with the brace!!!!

Well he got a goal and then a stupid yellow.

Wow, the German defense looks like swiss cheese...I haven't seen that defense get picked apart this easily.

And as I type this, #2 goes in. What a strike. Ze Germans need to start panicking now.

2-0 italy!!!! Super mario!!!!!!!!!!!! Forza italia!!!! Forza azurri!!!!!

Damn, what a strike!

Lee Westwood chimes in:
"@WestwoodLee It's a long way back for Germany now! We must be good if we took Italy to penalties!"

Lee Westwood chimes in:
"@WestwoodLee It's a long way back for Germany now! We must be good if we took Italy to penalties!"

He's so entertaining. I just don't see why people don't like him.

Excellent goal.

Badstuber caught out again though. Both goals were his silly plays.

I like Balotelli's hair-do. How is he Italian? Ze Germans won't panic. I still think Pirlo is the best player on the pitch. That dude sets everything up. I wish I was a Euro so I could get into this stuff more.

From Ghana originally, moved to Italy and I believe adopted there. Tough upbringing for him and his brother.

Back