Euro soccer 2012-13 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on Yahoo on the Watford/Leicester game to get into the finals for a place in the Premier League. Amazing.

Roberto Mancini sacked as Manchester City manager

Roberto Mancini has been sacked as Manchester City manager after three-and-a-half years at the helm. A club statement said he "had failed to achieve any of the club's stated targets this year, with the exception of qualification for next season's Champions League". But chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "Roberto's record speaks for itself, he secured the love and respect of fans. "He has done as he promised and delivered silverware and success."

Assistant manager Brian Kidd will take interim responsibility for the remaining two games of the season and the summer tour to the United States. Manchester City added that it was "a difficult decision" but explained it was "the outcome of a planned end of season review process that has been brought forward in light of recent speculation".

The 48-year-old Italian replaced Mark Hughes in December 2009, winning the FA Cup in 2011 and City's first top-flight league title for 44 years in 2012 - a year to the day before his sacking. But this term, City are a distant second to champions Manchester United, went out in the Champions League group stages and lost the FA Cup final to Wigan.

Manuel Pellegrini, Malaga's Chilean coach, is favourite to succeed Mancini. However, on Sunday night the 59-year-old, who spent one season in charge at Real Madrid in 2009-10, insisted he was not about to become the new City boss. "I deny here and now being the new coach of Manchester City, I haven't signed any agreement with anybody," he said after Malaga's goalless Primera Division draw with Sevilla.

Mancini was critical of Manchester City officials for failing to deny the newspaper reports that surfaced on the morning of Saturday's FA Cup final stating he would be sacked and replaced by Pellegrini. City were beaten by Ben Watson's 90th-minute header at Wembley as Wigan, struggling to avoid relegation from the Premier League in 18th place, became the lowest ranked team to win the FA Cup since West Ham in 1980.

City thrashed rivals United 6-1 at Old Trafford in October 2011 en route to their first Premier League title and although they beat them again on their home ground this season, Sir Alex Ferguson's team wrapped up their 20th league crown last month with four matches remaining. Mancini's record in the Champions League has also come under scrutiny. His best finish in Europe's elite competition is the quarter finals with Inter Milan but City have been eliminated in the group stages of both their campaigns. Having finished third behind Bayern Munich and Napoli in 2011 and they again failed to qualify this term, winning none of their six matches in a formidable group with Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and Ajax.

Their tally of three points was the lowest by an English side in the group stage of the competition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22507128

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule

All times Eastern.

Tuesday, May 14:

• Arsenal vs Wigan, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer
  • Reading vs Manchester City, 3pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

Wednesday, May 15:

• Chelsea vs Benfica, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go

Go Wigan...I want Dempsey to get his Champions League shot.

Go Wigan...I want Dempsey to get his Champions League shot.

I appreciate that... now it is out of are hands. Need a hotspur victory and an Arse loss. COYS.

City wins it's first game post-Mancini. Looked pretty good for most of it. Completely different than their FA Cup Final loss to a team who is being relegated.

Final weekend of the season.

All times Eastern.

Sunday, May 19:
  • Newcastle vs Arsenal, 11am, ESPN2 and WatchESPN
  • Tottenham vs Sunderland, 11am, FOX Soccer
  • Chelsea vs Everton, 11am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Brom vs Manchester United, 11am, FOX Sports Net and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Wigan vs Aston Villa, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Southampton vs Stoke, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Swansea vs Fulham, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Ham vs Reading, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Liverpool vs QPR, 11am, FOXSoccer.com and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Manchester City vs Norwich, 11am, FOXSoccer.com and FOX Soccer 2Go

First pointless last weekend for a while now. Going to be more focused on the Championship game next weekend tbh.

All times Eastern.

Thursday, May 23:

• Chelsea vs Manchester City (friendly), 8:30pm, ESPN2 and ESPN3.com

Saturday, May 25:

• Dortmund vs Bayern Munich (Champions League Final), 2:45pm, FOX Network and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Chelsea vs Manchester City (friendly), 5:30pm, FOX Soccer

Monday, May 27:

• Crystal Palace vs Watford (Championship Playoff Final), 9:55am, beIN SPORT

City has to be glad this game doesn't count. Down 3-0 after 53 minutes.

10 minutes later it's 3-2.

Wow, and City comes back to win 4-3. Good friendly. They do it again in Yankee Stadium on Saturday.

Wembley is looking magnificent in the London sun. This should be a fantastic game to close the season, just a shame it's Gus Johnson we have to listen to. The one saving grace is he hasn't got Ian Wright sat next to him this time.

I find myself rooting for Borussia Dortmund alot lately. Not sure why but I have been following them alot this year. Hope they win. Also, dont know if you guys know about Piers Morgan. He is a HUGE Arsenal fan. He was Van Persie's biggest fan. When he left to Man United he has absolutely killed him with every chance he has. Calls him Van Pursestrings. In what could be one of the best trolling moments ever, A week or 2 ago Morgan received a package from Old Trafford. In the package was a double sided framed photo of Van Persie holding the premier league trophy celebrating. All Piers Morgan could do is tip his hat to Van Persie for sending it. He even tweeted, For all the trash I have talked about Van Pursestrings he deserves to take a shot at me. (Paraphrased) When I read about this I laughed for a good 5 minutes.

As an Englishman, I find it difficult to root for any German team LOL. I just hope it's a good game for a neutral.

As an Englishman, I find it difficult to root for any German team LOL. I just hope it's a good game for a neutral.

Haha I hear you. I am a huge Manchester United fan so this a neutral game for me. I love an underdog. Plus the Borussia Dortmund fans are awesome:

http://youtu.be/znheW8aWuRg

Love it. Manchester United is what the Yankees want to be. Except the massively in debt part.

Teams aside that was phenomenal. Piers Morgan was TRASHING him all season long and RVP never said a word.

Teams aside that was phenomenal. Piers Morgan was TRASHING him all season long and RVP never said a word.

Doesn't make me feel any better. And Piers was harder on Arsene Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back