Favorite Ball Company

Favorite Ball Company

• Total voters
Since multiple votes were allowed, I voted for TM, Srixon, and Bridgestone. My favorite of the bunch is the Z-Star Yellow, though.

I'll be playing the Z Star x this coming year. I tried them out recently and was very impressed with the performance.

Bridgestone.

I have played a lot of different balls the last few years and although I am playing the Srixon ZStar right now I think I am still a ProV1 fan. Titleist has always been my favorite ball for the last 25 years or so. Tried most of the Bridgestone balls and did not like them as much as some of the others I tried lately.

Doesn't sound cut and dried if you have a tie! hahaha

I have more Bridgestones than anything else at the moment.

Hmm...........................Musn't have been thinking very clearly......

Visions and Bridgestone for me, my favorite will depend how I'm playing that day heh

Visions for distance, bridestone for accuracy.

I would pick top-flight because the Gamer V2s are good and cheap, but I like the Bridgeston e5s. They make my drives considerably higher, no marketing gimmicks!

Titleist. They revolutionized the ball.

Played Callaway and TM this year, alternated a bit but will stick with TM Penta next year.

VERY interesting. I have played Titleist for 40 years with periods of trying other brands but I always come back.

Titleist dominates the PGA (according to Titleist) and Top Flight is advertised as the most popular ball in golf. Go figure.

I went with nike, Srixon and TM. If I liked BS's balls, they easily would have gotten my pick. Great company, they just dont work for me.

voted titleist but i play whatever i feel like

I've personally found Bridgestone balls to be the best all around performance balls (playability, performance, durability, etc.) for my game.

Guess what my answer is .......... Wilson Staff Wilson Staff Wilson Staff

Because they are obviously my favorite golf company but, the reason is more than just that. In my opinion they try to help average joe's like me FAR MORE than anybody else and, they go out on a limb to try new things that other companies would not. For instance the Zip and 50/50 were the first super soft compression balls to come out and, alot of golfers loved them. Now that other companies see how successful super soft compression is they are doing it too but, W/S had the (balls,hehehe) to do it first. The panhead dimples are another first and, while i have no idea if they work i have noticed alot of other companies dimples get closer and closer to looking like panhead dimples every year. They also have the best deals in golf i can get 50 elites and zips for 10 bucks a dozen, C:25's for $14.88, The FG Tour is a urethane ball second to none for under $40 ... no other company compares to that.

Because they are obviously my favorite golf company but, the reason is more than just that. In my opinion they try to help average joe's like me FAR MORE than anybody else and, they go out on a limb to try new things that other companies would not. For instance the Zip and 50/50 were the first super soft compression balls to come out and, alot of golfers loved them. Now that other companies see how successful super soft compression is they are doing it too but, W/S had the (balls,hehehe) to do it first. The panhead dimples are another first and, while i have no idea if they work i have noticed alot of other companies dimples get closer and closer to looking like panhead dimples every year. They also have the best deals in golf i can get 50 elites and zips for 10 bucks a dozen, C:25's for $14.88, The FG Tour is a urethane ball second to none for under $40 ... no other company compares to that.

Really? You think they help the average golfer more than Bridgestone? The RX? And as for the urethane ball that is top flight for under $40, they are NOT the only company. Check Srixon and the Z-Star. Im a fan of their balls as well, but I want to make sure that facts are straight.

Last edited:
Looking at the poll tells me I need to have a Bridgestone fitting. I have played a ProVx for years and love the results but after seeing this thread, I need to try something new. Not much of a Titleist fan anyway and I hate giving them my money....

I like the e6 but, will play just about any ball that I find on the course. I haven't purchased a ball in a long time. When you’re in the brush like Davey Crockett you end up with a few extra balls.

Srixon for me. Loved the Zur. One a contest last year or the year before and got me 3 dozen TriSpeeds when they first came out. Love that ball. Haven't tried the new ones yet as I've been playing the Diablo, due to price, which isn't bad. Got me some Z-Stars in yellow on the way, tho. Tried the E6 last round I played a few weeks back, and just didn't care for it, felt like I was hitting a rock. Maybe it was just the wrong ball for the day, as it was a little chilly, but just could get used to it.

I have three favorites and can't decide. The Bridgestone e6 because it was fitted to me. The Taylormade Ball thp let me test, I sorta changed how I played to fit that ball. Then I still can't break my love affair off with the FUZZ balls. I love them blue eyes looking up at me from the tee box.

My ball is a Bridgestone B330, I absolutely love this golf ball. The distance is as good as any tour caliber ball I've used and what really sets it apart to me is the durability, I can easily get more than 1 round out of a ball and especially with a CG15 wedge in my bag that is saying a lot!

I really want to love Bridgestone. I REALLY do. I think my thing is, I love the company, what they stand for, what they do for customers, all that jazz. But when it comes down to it, I do not like their golf balls. So I guess what I am saying is, they are my favorite company, but not my favorite product, if that makes sense?

i love the Srixon and Taylormade balls.

Really? You think they help the average golfer more than Bridgestone? The RX? And as for the urethane ball that is top flight for under $40, they are NOT the only company. Check Srixon and the Z-Star. Im a fan of their balls as well, but I want to make sure that facts are straight.

You tell me what facts i did not get straight, i NEVER said the FG Tour was the only urethane ball under $40 i only said that it was under $40. YES i absolutely do think W/S helps the average golfer out more than Bridgestone, i like Bridgestoneand they have the best fitting program but, they do not take the chances that W/S has to help out average joe's.

You tell me what facts i did not get straight, i NEVER said the FG Tour was the only urethane ball under $40 i only said that it was under $40. YES i absolutely do think W/S helps the average golfer out more than Bridgestone, i like Bridgestoneand they have the best fitting program but, they do not take the chances that W/S has to help out average joe's.

Take a look at the bolded statement. "No other company compares to that".
As for helping the average golfer. Bridgestone was the FIRST to make a tour level ball for slower swing speeds and they are still the ONLY place that has the E series balls for amateur golfer correction. They are also the ONLY place that offers complete live amateur fitting with actual swings and brand comparison.

I wont get into who is the best, because I dont think there is one.

Take a look at the bolded statement. "No other company compares to that".
As for helping the average golfer. Bridgestone was the FIRST to make a tour level ball for slower swing speeds and they are still the ONLY place that has the E series balls for amateur golfer correction. They are also the ONLY place that offers complete live amateur fitting with actual swings and brand comparison.

I wont get into who is the best, because I dont think there is one.

That bolded statement is just you trying to put words in my mouth that i NEVER said. Read the rest of the sentence, that is what, "no other company compares to that" was said with. I was meaning everything put together NOT just the urethane ball under $40. I am very aware that the Z-STARS are under $40 so, i WOULD NOT and DID NOT say that. Sure B S makes a tour ball for slower swings and, yes they do have the best fitting program. Urethane balls are NOT the only balls out there. W/S makes a whole LINE of balls for slower swings and, were the FIRST to do so, also the FG Tour is good for slow swings too.

That bolded statement is just you trying to put words in my mouth that i NEVER said. Read the rest of the sentence, that is what, "no other company compares to that" was said with. I was meaning everything put together NOT just the urethane ball under $40. I am very aware that the Z-STARS are under $40 so, i WOULD NOT say that.

Good lord I give up. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back