Favorite Golf Movies...

Favorite Golf Movies...

• Total voters
Caddyshack, Tin Cup, The Legend Of Bagger Vance and The Greatest Game Ever Played.

I agree a little bit here. I liked Caddyshack, but did not think it was that funny. It was good not great IMHO.

Caddyshack, Tin Cup, The Legend Of Bagger Vance and The Greatest Game Ever Played.

If you had watched Caddyshack when it 1st came out, it was hilarious. Sure it's not aging very well & a lot of folks don't even know who Chevy Chase, Ted Knight, Rodney Dangerfield, etc are or were.

I liked Tin Cup quite a bit, have never seen the other 2. Going to have to look them up.

I love that scene in Tin Cup where he has to pawn his golfclubs, so he plays that match with a bunch of garden tools and a pink golfball.
"I'll be playing a pink lady today", teeing off with a baseball pat, pitching out of the bunker with a hoe, hitting a full swing with a shovel. Theres is no way to not laugh at that.
Caddyshack is funny too, but I think you need to have somewhat of a childish sense of humor in order to get it. I always found Rodney Dangerfield to be funny because of how crude he was.
Happy Gillmore was another good one, especially the part where he has the fistfight with Bob Barker. LOL

I love that scene in Tin Cup where he has to pawn his golfclubs, so he plays that match with a bunch of garden tools and a pink golfball.
"I'll be playing a pink lady today", teeing off with a baseball pat, pitching out of the bunker with a hoe, hitting a full swing with a shovel. Theres is no way to not laugh at that.
Caddyshack is funny too, but I think you need to have somewhat of a childish sense of humor in order to get it. I always found Rodney Dangerfield to be funny because of how crude he was.
Happy Gillmore was another good one, especially the part where he has the fistfight with Bob Barker. LOL

I love that scene in Tin Cup Bake.

"I want a legitimate swing, NO SCOOPING!!!"
Or how about:
"Am I supposed to be afraid of that little pink *** ball?"
"Only if I knock it by ya!"
That movie has lots of great one-liners.

"I want a legitimate swing, NO SCOOPING!!!"
Or how about:
"Am I supposed to be afraid of that little pink *** ball?"
"Only if I knock it by ya!"
That movie has lots of great one-liners.

Hahha:

Sims: "Hot tub Roy?"

Cheech: "It's the Spa."

LOL...yup. Whats kinda sad is that I havent seen the movie in about 8 years and I still remember every line. How pathetic am I?

LOL...yup. Whats kinda sad is that I havent seen the movie in about 8 years and I still remember every line. How pathetic am I?

I just bought it for like 6 bucks I watch it once a week. It's just that good. I keep thinking the ending is going to be different every time.

What is your favorite golf movie and why?

What is your favorite golf movie and why?

I thought this would be interesting, there hasn't been a good golf movie in a while.

There are a lot of great movies out there but I think my favorite real golf movie is Bobby Jones - Stroke of Genius because it showed his whole life and the side of golf you don't normally get to see, very entertaining and I learned a lot about golf history.

Gotta put the obvious one. Caddy Shack all time best!

Tin Cup
Bagger Vance
Caddyshack

Although it's not a golf movie, my favorite golf scene has to be the one with Sean Connery as James Bond playing Goldfinger in match play. Just saw it on MGM-HD this week. Goldfinger loses his ball, but Oddjob pretends to find his Slazenger 1. On the next hole, they up the ante from one shilling to the gold bar Bond pulls from his bag. When Goldfinger sinks his putt on that hole, Bond pretends to pull Goldfinger's ball out of the cup, but instead switches it for a Slazenger 7. Bond assesses Goldfinger a penalty for playing the wrong ball, resulting in loss of the hole, and accepts a check for the value of the gold bar -- 10,000 pounds.

The next time they meet, Goldfinger almost cuts Bond's nuts off with a giant laser, so don't go trying that trick at home.

Happy Gilmore haha

I'll just make a list...

Happy Gilmore
Caddyshack
Tin Cup
Bagger Vance
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Dead Solid Perfect (oh, yes, I went there...)

I have the Bobby Jones movie in my Netflix queue, looking forward to it.

Caddyshack, then Tin Cup.

I'll just make a list...

Happy Gilmore
Caddyshack
Tin Cup
Bagger Vance
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Dead Solid Perfect (oh, yes, I went there...)

I have the Bobby Jones movie in my Netflix queue, looking forward to it.

You are going to like it, caught it late night on Golf Channel one weekend and stayed up to watch the whole thing, commercials and all! I think I watched it 2 more times that weekend.

Gotta put the obvious one. Caddy Shack all time best!

Ya know...I've tried watching this several times and I just can't get into this movie :confused2:

Got to love Happy Gilmore :)

Happy Gilmore "why don't you just go home" haha

Caddyshack of course.
Why?

Because... "I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite a while."

Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore. "Just taaaaaaaaap it in, just taaaaaaap it in.

In order of value:

Caddyshack
Tin Cup
Greatest Game Every Played
Happy Gilmore

Baggervance should be destroyed from all e-media sources.

Back