Favorite hole on your home course?

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
So for some reason my favorite is a Par 5 that usually gives me fits. It’s a dog leg left with 2 giant trees in the middle of the fairway at 180 yards. This is also where it bends to the left. First pic is from the tee box. Second looking back at the tee and the last to the hole. Not really sure why I love this hole, must be it really challenges me.
Let’s see your favorite and why? DD52FA1F-37F5-4A6D-89FE-7B55178DBF79.jpeg4F443CED-4B35-40E4-81FC-E805678ED580.jpeg62D0BFE3-F8F2-4074-9ABF-885FBA9A7016.jpeg

Mine is a toss up between the island green that plays around 120 and two high risk/high reward par 5’s with challenging approaches. I love a fun hole and these three are tons of fun!
8E545010-3068-4149-A0F3-33CA03BA6AAF.jpeg
759444C9-9632-4366-ADB6-B0586FDD1D6E.jpeg
3CDB180E-7664-4A0E-BE97-BAC97EF0213D.jpeg

So much going on with this hole that I love it......to be fair the feeling isn't always mutual some rounds. Most hate this hole.

Mine would be number 17 on our "nicer" of the 2 courses we have. Risk reward par 4 with split tee boxes depending on the day. Plays 291 from the blues and 265 from the white tees to water all down the right and bunkers positioned in the fairway to catch any lay-ups.

1629314293107.png

No favorites on my home course. All of them are hard o_O :ROFLMAO:

So much going on with this hole that I love it......to be fair the feeling isn't always mutual some rounds. Most hate this hole.

Definitely need to get back to Az to play that course.

5389272_orig.jpg

I kinda go back and forth between a few. probably go back to #15 which is a pretty long par 4 with a very tight drive but opens up into a green backed up against the lake. might be my worst hole vs par on the course but it feels so good to be on that green in 2.

Meadow Lakes Golf Course
Hole #3

This is a tricky hole, and wind definitely play a factor. 150 yards from the black tees, and 115 from the blues but those numbers can lead golfers astray with the 30 metre (100 foot) drop from tee box to green. Out of bounds is on your right, with a pond guarding the green left.

Stunning views of the mountain valley can be had from the perched tee box.

tempImageHRHid2.jpg

Walk down the winding path from the tee box:

A23539A9-AA92-4264-9346-0CED75E18CD7_1_201_a.jpeg

My "home" course is just a local muni, but hole 6 is a hard dog leg left that's very high risk/high reward. Houses line the the dog leg so if you pull it too hard you'll end up in a backyard, but if you cut the corner right over the houses you can be at the edge of the green. Just super satisfying if you cut the corner right.

The 2nd hole is a short par 4 which visually just fits my eye. I usually hit my best drive there leaving a short iron to the green.

Par 5 12th as it has great views.
96C4A147-DC80-4849-94DA-DBCBC7733447.jpeg
F63C52B8-D325-42E3-A92C-DE963E6B0E61.jpeg

#16 at Bridger Creek has become one of my favorites. It takes either a well placed layup tee shot or, my latest favorite thing to do, a blind swing at the green with driver. I get a kick out of this hole.

I think it's this one. 3rd hole which is a par 5. This is from the approach shot looking back up the hill.

Image from iOS.jpg

This course looks familiar. Isn't that the linksy course along 17 mile drive on the way to Spanish Bay?

I'll need to get a photo of mine from my course, but it's the 7th. Uphill tee shot on a par 5 that then leads to a downhill second and third with the hills of the driving range /short course in the background. It's just a really cool visual looking down at everything from the random elevation there actually is.

I don't have a home course, and I don't have a favorite hole on any course that I've played. My brain is pretty negatively biased, so I only remember the ones that consistently give me trouble. If I ever find a hole I can play consistently well, that'll be my favorite.

Our 1st hole is a pretty straight away par 5. If I get off to a good start, birdie is possible, and par is almost a gimme. It's a good set up for the rest of the round.

4E98EF8B-8438-4BA6-A580-296CB6C159C6.jpeg

Dont mind the winter kill, was a brutal late freeze this winter. But this is the 15th on one of my courses I frequent. Downhill par 3, plays 188 WITH SLOPE from the back tees. If the Oklahoma wind is into you, it could be a fairway wood, downwind it’s tricky because it actually knocks the ball DOWN.

My home course isn't very scenic so I have to go with the hole that I have had a lot of success on and that is the par 5 12th hole. It is a dogleg right that is reachable in two for me under the right conditions. I have had about 5 eagles on that hole and just missed having 2 Albatross by a matter of less than 3 feet on both of them. One was inside 18 inches.

@RealPretendPsychic mentioned some of my favorites due to risk reward and elevation change, but I love #2. Short par 4 with a lot of trouble; 10 bunkers (3 are waste). Green is tricky, too.

1629992721563.png

@RealPretendPsychic mentioned some of my favorites due to risk reward and elevation change, but I love #2. Short par 4 with a lot of trouble; 10 bunkers (3 are waste). Green is tricky, too.

View attachment 9024425
It’s my dream to get a strong tailwind and drive that green from the white tees! Fun driving hole if you’re not laying up.

My home track isn't all that exciting or anything, but it is fairly scenic in a rolling PA mountains and farmland kind of way. I'll probably go with 12 for that reason - you have the most panoramic view from that tee box. It's a fairly short par 4 playing about 330 from the whites, but the whole thing slopes to the right, so you are at a risk of being in jail on your approach even if you hit the right side of the fairway. Green is somewhat elevated, but large - problem is there's a good bit of slope where they like to put the pins, so it's no guarantee once you're on.

I'll try to grab a photo when I'm out this weekend.

My favorite hole on my home course is the #6 158 yard par 3. The real reason for my favoritism is the fact that I have 2 aces in 4 years on this hole. The last one being on June 25th this year. The screen shot doesn't show the huge swale between the tee and the green and it is a bit uphill as well.

Number 6.jpg

My home track isn't all that exciting or anything, but it is fairly scenic in a rolling PA mountains and farmland kind of way. I'll probably go with 12 for that reason - you have the most panoramic view from that tee box. It's a fairly short par 4 playing about 330 from the whites, but the whole thing slopes to the right, so you are at a risk of being in jail on your approach even if you hit the right side of the fairway. Green is somewhat elevated, but large - problem is there's a good bit of slope where they like to put the pins, so it's no guarantee once you're on.

I'll try to grab a photo when I'm out this weekend.

Couple snaps from 12 tee today. It's even prettier in the fall.

I got in my own head about the right side and pulled my driver into the rough left, and then got a little silly pin chasing and kicked my approach off the right side of the green and ended up way past. Lucked out to take only a bogey.

(2nd photo is from the same spot looking back over 11 green)

PXL_20210829_152040096.jpg

PXL_20210829_152049525.jpg

Back