Favorite Restaurauts

Del Frisco's in Las Vegas is my favorite steakhouse.

Roques in Milwaukie, OR is my favorite fast food place. The best chili cheese dogs and chili fries.

Juan's in Berkeley, CA. It is a dive, but the beer is always cold and the homemade flour tortilla chips are great.

Hi All, I'm in Vegas for a work conference. Any recommendation? I'm at the Luxor but wanr to try out any must not miss restaurants since work is paying

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Go eat at the Buffet at the Wynn or the Rio, both are stellar. The Pink taco at the Hard Rock hotel is pretty good too.

Hi All, I'm in Vegas for a work conference. Any recommendation? I'm at the Luxor but wanr to try out any must not miss restaurants since work is paying

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
As mentioned above, Del Frisco's is my favorite. But honestly, there a million great restaurants. We have had fabulous meals at the Bobby Flay place in Caeser's, Craftsteak at MGM, Emeril's place, the steakhouse at NYNY, even Stacks at Mirage was a surprisingly really nice meal. There are plenty others that we're really good and a huge list still that we have not made it to yet.

If buffets are your thing then yes, there are some good ones. Personally, I just prefer a great sit down meal in a regular restaurant...and especially considering how many really great restaurants there are in town I don't get the buffet thing, but to each their own.

Me and my wife last weekend visited Duck City Bistro.
Really good in services as well as in taste...like it!!!

I am starving for a burger now! I want that burger I had at square 1 with the fried egg on top, oh my that was delicious! JB if you are reading this, want to cut out of work early and get a burger? :wink:

I am starving for a burger now! I want that burger I had at square 1 with the fried egg on top, oh my that was delicious! JB if you are reading this, want to cut out of work early and get a burger? :wink:

I need a burger too. You know when people reach for cigarettes on a bad day? I'm reaching for a Hamburger.

I think ill go on a date with Wendy today.

Yes. Book the flights, we could be there by tonight!!!!!

Some of the best BBQ I've ever had was at Jack Stacks in Kansas City. Ever since I first had it, we stop to eat whenever we are in the area.

You're killing me! I took my wife to the new Burger 21 in Orlando and she couldn't believe how good it was lol, now we need to try a square 1 burger? I'm starving! Ho Hos aren't cutting it.

You're killing me! I took my wife to the newBurger 21 in Orlando and she couldn't believe how good it was lol, now we need to try a square 1 burger? I'm starving! Ho Hos aren't cutting it.

Square 1 will give it a run for the money Trout.

I need a burger too. You know when people reach for cigarettes on a bad day? I'm reaching for a Hamburger.

I think ill go on a date with Wendy today.

I thought you were on a vegetarian diet, or are you breaking it for a burger?

Yes. Book the flights, we could be there by tonight!!!!!

I didn't mean Square 1 haha, I just meant someplace local, like that Mojo's place, they have a burger called the heart attack, it's sounds right up your alley.

Just looked at the menu, my my my, I need an excuse to go west, Right after Myrtle.

I thought you were on a vegetarian diet, or are you breaking it for a burger?

I had to cut it because my joints were hurting but I'm going to break my "Not a lot of fast food" diet for a burger!

Ps, if you're going to check up on the accuracy of my "not a lot of fast food diet" please stay away from the banter thread! :D

I didn't mean Square 1 haha, I just meant someplace local, like that Mojo's place, they have a burger called the heart attack, it's sounds right up your alley.

That is absurd. Listen, Square 1 for dinner tonight. Food is Love for breakfast tomorrow. Bogeys for dinner tomorrow night. Fly back and be home by work on Monday.

I had this the other night. It was amazing. Add to it the fried mac 'n cheese...
That is absurd. Listen, Square 1 for dinner tonight. Food is Love for breakfast tomorrow. Bogeys for dinner tomorrow night. Fly back and be home by work on Monday.
That is a solid plan you have there.

My two favorites:
1) Shakespeare's. It's an awesome restaurant inside Olde Stonewall golf course in Elwood City, PA. The food was top notch and as affordable as a chain place like Outback.
2) Iron Bridge Inn. Rustic steakhouse with taxidermy everywhere. The food is awesome and I've never even had a mediocre meal. Prices and services are equally as impressive.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Uggh. I just looked at airfare. Talk about a kick in the wrong spot.
Back to only pondering those delicious wings.

Uggh. I just looked at airfare. Talk about a kick in the wrong spot.
Back to only pondering those delicious wings.

Thats how I felt trying to book to MB for THP Invite #2!

I had to cut it because my joints were hurting but I'm going to break my "Not a lot of fast food" diet for a burger!

Ps, if you're going to check up on the accuracy of my "not a lot of fast food diet" please stay away from the banter thread! :D

Haha, I will pretend like I see nothing. ; )

You make a fierce argument. I am so hungry right now! All I have had today is a banana, and now I want a burger, wings, and banana's foster french toast.

I had this the other night. It was amazing. Add to it the fried mac 'n cheese...

I can do without the fried mac 'n cheese, but that burger is unreal. It was the first time I had a burger with a fried egg on top, and now that's all I want.

You make a fierce argument. I am so hungry right now! All I have had today is a banana, and now I want a burger, wings, and banana's foster french toast.

Just think about the apple fritter french toast at Food is Love. Think about that for a second and realize that we could be there by tomorrow. Then realize that it would not be the worst thing in the world anyway....Yeah I went there.

Now, I am starving.

Me too and she nixed my idea pretty fast. Track her down War and tell her it needs to happen.

I am going to add a specialty-type restaurant here. My favorite Pizza-pot pie... the winner definitely is Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder. Now Chicago definitely is known for its pizza, but this one is pretty unique and I cannot, in good faith, classify it with the other pizza companies in Chicago.

This place is awesome. First, even though there is often a 2-3 hour wait (no reservations), the host NEVER takes your name. The legend is that he simply remembers your face (I think he just writes down descriptions in the back though). The place is always packed, and herds of people are waiting outside. It is in the garden-unit of a typical Chicago walk-up, so space is precious (see the pic below). The place is only a few blocks from my house, so the host and I have become pals and he usualy doesnt make me wait too long (usually after I have had 1 fat tire at the bar).

You must start with the Mediterannean Bread (yum) and the chef's salad. With the salad, it is a must that you mix the sour cream garlic, sweet and sour poppyseed and Italian dressings. And then of course, you gotta have the pizza-pot pie (dont even think about ordering a grinder). It is "made from scratch" with triple-raised Sicilian bread-type dough; a homemade sauce consisting of olive oil, fresh garlic, onions, green peppers, whole plum tomatoes and a special blend of cheeses. You can get the sausage made from prime Boston butts and/or doorknob-size, whole, fresh mushrooms.

Another cool fact: It is across the street from where Al Capone had his men carry out the St. Valentine's Day Massacare.

photo.gif

GG, if the jonesing gets too bad, Denny's has a suprisingly decent burger with egg on it. It's no square 1 but it might scratch the itch a bit.

Back