Favorite State For Golf

I've played in quite a few states and right now I'd say Utah would be my favorite. Mountain golf with very reasonable pricing is a very good combo.

Huh, this is tougher than I thought. Several states have courses I really enjoy. I'm going to go with what I think is a dark horse... Wisconsin. Summer temps? Fantastic. And some great courses.

I loved South Carolina,the RTJ trail is something I want to do one day . So many great courses in the state you have to play them all. I have yet to play Arizona or Hawaii golf but that may be up there as well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Of the places I've visited I gotta say southern california. Not too hot or humid.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Probably Southern California for me. I played in Kansas City this last weekend and the course I played on had zoysia grass. The best surface I've ever played on.

Probably Southern California for me. I played in Kansas City this last weekend and the course I played on had zoysia grass. The best surface I've ever played on.

What course did you play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The courses in South Carolina are simply amazing but I cannot in good conscience vote for anyplace with that kind of humidity. That leaves me with California and Hawaii, but I think the golf is better in California.

Cali for me!

Minnesota for me, probably because I played some of the best golf in my life when in Minneapolis a couple of years ago.

What course did you play

Drumm Farms. It was a great life member Ryder cup format Sioux Falls against KC. That grass down there is amazing. If you are in the fairway it's basically teed up for you. Had a lot of trouble controlling spin with the wedges the first couple rounds though. There is no hitting a full wedge on that stuff or it just zips off the green.

Drumm Farm is a great course. Glad you enjoyed it

Drumm Farm is a great course. Glad you enjoyed it

It was fun for sure though we lost 13-11 but fun none the less. I saw you guys had an outing over the weekend just couldn't fit it in with the tourney schedule.

Virginia tops the list for me. Primland resort, Kingsmill, Golden Horseshoe, RTJ GC, etc.

I've enjoyed every State I've been to and able to play. The overall weather and course options can't be beat but I can't vote.

Florida for sure is No.1 for me, but it has been a while. Indiana of course because I rarely travel anymore.

I really can't decide between Florida, South Carolina, and California. Of course, I've only played at one place in California, but oh what a place....!

CA. There's so much variety, and different geographical areas with outstanding golf.

Hawaii then California

Whoa! A real tough question. I'll go with California nudging out So. Carolina and Florida.

Good topic!

California is my favorite! Such a large state geographically that it has a wide variety of courses.

Oregon and Washington follow in my opinion. After that are a couple East Coast choices, North Carolina and Pennsylvania

Gotta be Florida or South Carolina for me.

Not that I am all that well traveled, but Sedona Arizona would be my favorite.

Honestly cant say that I have a favorite. I just love good golf courses and golfing with great people. So I guess whatever state the THP event is in.

I will preface this with a little background, the only states that I've played more than 40 rounds in are Florida, Hawaii, Oregon, California, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada, and Georgia. I'm sure there's a lot of great States for golf that I haven't had the chance to really have a decent sample size of the golf courses, yet......

For me, Minnesota hands down because I've had the opportunity to play so many great public and private courses in the Twin Cities and Brainerd regions.

I'm surprised at how many have listed California as their favorite. I've lived in N. California for 18 years and played about 45 different courses here and very few have greens that I would rate above a 6 on a scale of 1-10. There are some amazing courses in California but most are over $175 a round. If I were to take a golf vacation for $2,000 I'd much rather do it in Michigan, Wisconsin, or Minnesota over California because the quality would be so much better.

Last edited:
I've lived and played most of my golf in 3 states that do have great golf: Florida, Arizona and Texas.

Without a whole lot of other experiences, I have to say that the courses in the Monterrey area of California are pretty damn nice!

Back