First Look: Ben Hogan UiHi Utility Club

EA19C6B0-55A0-4409-A475-67B39C30F045.jpeg

782E5414-42A1-4882-A1D5-532F8A971A9F.jpeg

Some clubs make the photo process fun and easy. The UiHi is one of those.

Those angles and lines? Straight 🔥🔥🔥

Just Damn sexy...I have some Adams Pro Dhy Hybrids in 18, 21 and 24 that will most likely be on the for sale page here very soon....

I’ll have the 3 and 4 UiHi on the course here in about 2 hours. Going to tip it out at 6950 so I’ll have to use them more :oops:

I'm very interested in the 18* and your results. I game a 2017 M2 4 iron that's stock at 19* with mixed results. Hashtag JackedLofts

I’ll have the 3 and 4 UiHi on the course here in about 2 hours. Going to tip it out at 6950 so I’ll have to use them more :oops:

I wish Cushing wasn't so deep into OK or i would be trying to borrow that 18 for Wed Morning

I wish Cushing wasn't so deep into OK or i would be trying to borrow that 18 for Wed Morning
Hahaha, you’re always welcome, or we could meet in the middle some time!

Hahaha, you’re always welcome, or we could meet in the middle some time!

I think i need to start a North Texas.OKLA thread and get a meet up scheduled at Winstar

You all.....for real....

All I can do is laugh right now. 3 UiHi data coming tonight.

B07D0E36-46B2-4F5B-BF6E-E7B936D8D03D.jpeg

And it’s shockingly HOT.

:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Kind of need to get home first haha! I’ll have them up this evening.(y)
Hehe here i am just waiting for my fitter to get the test heads for my new combo set, with icon ptx pro and uihi :)

Hehe here i am just waiting for my fitter to get the test heads for my new combo set, with icon ptx pro and uihi :)
One shot teaser:

147.8 Ball Speed, 10.9 Launch, 4355 RPM, 33Y Peak, 225 Carry, 42.7 descent.

One shot teaser:

147.8 Ball Speed, 10.9 Launch, 4355 RPM, 33Y Peak, 225 Carry, 42.7 descent.
looks great, sadly for me i have to wait almost 2 months before i can get fittet for my new set :(

I’ll have some more detailed thoughts this evening, but...

The fact that I was able to hit this one above 30y peak on average is exciting as hell to me. It just launches, but more than that, spin never got too low on me given the speeds I was hitting it, sadly I was getting really loose right as my iPad overheated out in the 93* sun. Still the sample I’ll show later is revealing.

I don’t expect it to be 5w long even though it’s the same loft, it’s an iron after all, and I really implore people to remember it’s not as beefy as a lot of the utilities out there, but man it’s hot.

Not at all sold on the fit of the shaft, but that’s not the point of a review and can be reconciled later.

That is some impressive ballspeed for a club this length. Peaking at 33yds and nice descent angle, hey, its still an 18* utility but you can take that places.

That is some impressive ballspeed for a club this length. Peaking at 33yds and nice descent angle, hey, its still an 18* utility but you can take that places.
At that descent, it’s def amply playable into greens from distance.

And off the tee it’s a riot.

Alright, so, some deck and tee numbers for those of you checking in here (I appreciate you!), some thoughts and disclaimers to follow.

IMG_0060.png

Alright, so, here are some thoughts and pertinent info on the data.

1) You see the speed increasing throughout as I was getting acclimated, and when I went from deck to tee the comfort increased more. There is a big jump right as I found my groove...which is also when the iPad overheated and I could collect no more mass data. As such, I will be getting more this week, and I anticipate the averages being higher ball speed wise.

2) No surprise more speed off the tee than the deck, its more comfortable with an 18° iron, haha

3) Before someone comments, no, the spin here isn't bad, given the peak avg still came to 32 yards (96 feet) on deck and tee, its just fine. Descent in the 40's from an 18 degree iron from an amateur will play quite well. Would I like the descent to be more? Of course, but I'm not a Tour player, haha.

4) I think the average distance from deck will come up with more sessions and comfort.

5) These things are HOT feeling, but they have the same incredibly addicting "smoosh" factor (if you watch/listen-to Range Days then you know that one, if you don't, you should! ;)) that the PTx Pro and ICON's have. The feel on all these have blown me away.

6) Directionally, it was a pretty consistent session, but as I have seen from the 4U I bought, the shaft pairing isn't necessarily the best fit for my move or speed, but it'll be fine for this review, I'm not going to stress it.

7) I will say, the slightly longer heel to toe from the PTx Pro's are confidence inspiring here. Its a balanced look, and better yet, the offset isn't crazy nor is the topline too bulky...plus no junk in the trunk sticking out like some other utilities.

8) I never thought I would hit an 18° utility this well, it has honest to goodness blown me away.

9) Speaking of blown away, 25-30 MPH winds tomorrow, might be the PERFECT chance to take this one out and hit it off the tee during the round seeing just how low I can flight it, might be stinger time. o_O

Thoughts? Questions? Conversation? I'm here for you all.

Back