First Look: Tiger's Swing for His Hero Tourney

Wakit300

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.0
This was posted on Golf Channel's website:

https://vine.co/v/OvBAYuKZrXA
(don't know how to embed)

Is it my imagination or is he slimmer, not as bulky as earlier this year?

Wish I could call my shot standing over the ball with a driver and ask "high cut or low cut?" I of course can do it after I've hit the ball.....then call it.

Wish I could call my shot standing over the ball with a driver and ask "high cut or low cut?" I of course can do it after I've hit the ball.....then call it.

You could if you have swong the club 1,000,000+ times.

Vapor Flex

Delicious.

Saw this earlier and smiled. Hope to see him healthy and in good form soon.

Looks really good with much better balance and posture.

Is his hip over rotation affecting his club head speed?

e3b7638936a7a6f9013df37ad6591870.jpg

Looks good right here. His hips are held off a bit to accommodate a string release

fe10fbe675e879f88a86040cf07233b8.jpg

The question remains, can he take to the course

Doesn't look too bad, but that footwork in that photo doesn't look that good. Really high up on the toe opposed to the right foot rolling over

Tiger's never going to get accused of having a particularly flowing swing, but it does seem less angular than it did earlier this year. More like he's swinging the club and less like he's trying to get to positions without any of the movements in between.

Just my take.

I love the Freddie analysis way more than the Tiger swing. Always learn something from that eye.

He looks so much more balanced! That and his head doesn't seem to be dipping near as much as it was. I'm excited to see how he goes!!!!

Doesn't look too bad, but that footwork in that photo doesn't look that good. Really high up on the toe opposed to the right foot rolling over

He did say he was hitting the high cutter......he just gave it a little extra lift!

Using the back foot more as a pivot for the hips. Smoother transitions into that left leg. Keep the wear and tear down. Very powerful turn and release through ball.

The footwork reminds me of Lexi Thompson, honestly, who gets some pretty solid distance while getting up on her toes.

hqdefault.jpg

Also helps keep from using his left leg and knee as a post to rotate around. Admittedly he doesn't get nearly as out of his shoes as she does, but once you mentioned it, her swing leaped to mind.

Swing is looking good. If he can bring that to the course it could be a good year

I will be out at his tournament on Thursday and look forward to seeing him back in action.

That looked like a nice swing, more fluid and less violent than before. Tiger may be a jackass but golf is much more interesting when he's playing well. I hope he's on his way back.

The new swing looks good, hope he brings that to the course.

Looks like he's taking the club further back than his awkward 3/4 Foley swing. I like it!

look forward to seeing how he does with the changes this year. Looks like he's doing good work.

Como is very big on using ground forces as a basis for the golf swing.

Looks like he toned down that crazy, deep dip move he had. He would get stuck a lot on the downswing, especially under pressure. This looks much better IMO. I'd like to see him start winning majors again.

Back