Flight Simulation (PC)

OK I've spent a fotune on this but I'm finally having fun. Signed up for PFPX and Navigraph and updated all my aicars and what a difference.

Also bought the PMDG 777-200 and F.

Have made flights from Maldives to Dubai and Now on San Fran to Denver.

This is a blast but damn its time consuming.

You done any crop dusting yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah but not on purpose I just crashed in Denver haha.

Couldn't find an accurate altimeter setting

Yah but not on purpose I just crashed in Denver haha.

Couldn't find an accurate altimeter setting

Haha Shake it off dude and get back up there !

I'm just having a hell of a time turning a flight plan on paper and properly programming it into an fms.

I'm sure it's an interpretation problem on my part.

Learning how to program the FMS via the MCDU and then control the a/c via the MCP panel while monitoring the FMA takes practice man.

You can tell the difference between an experienced FMS pilot to a new one. The new pilot will say "Why is it doing that?" and the experienced FMS pilot says "oh, it's doing that again".

http://youtu.be/NiIGEg473PA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cargo run from Laguardia to Miami!!

Triple 7 is a beauty to fly.

So is joining a VA fun?
Adds some realism to the experience. Find one that is well run and mirrors a real world operation.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So is joining a VA fun?

It certainly can be. A lot of VA's go to a ton of trouble to create sophisticated training programs, incredible custom paint jobs and airport scenery, etc. There's a sense of achievement as you work your way up the VA ranks. Additionally, it's fun to take on the challenge of planning flights into airports you might not have ever flown into if you were flying into your same old destinations. Since you don't necessarily get to pick where you're going (or pick from pre-set list), you can run into significant weather you've never experienced before. One of my flights for a VA was from Boston to Manchester, NH in the dead of winter. It was snowing like crazy and it was a VOR approach at night. It was white-knuckle time, let me tell you. That's a flight I'd never have done otherwise.

Passenger flight from KMIA to MMUN.

I'm getting addicted.

Passenger flight from KMIA to MMUN.

I'm getting addicted.

To simulate true passenger flights you have to stand by your simulator room door and have your wife tell you what a s&$tty landing that was as she leaves.

So is joining a VA fun?

The best thing is the FlyIns that get organized and the forums. I was a member of BA Virtual and had some great online events. Best in mind though that some of them are pretty darn serious. I had to do a flight a month to stay active. If I couldn't make a flight, I had to apply for leave LOL.

Jrod if you don't have weather check out fspilotshop.com. 50% off Rex

Jrod if you don't have weather check out fspilotshop.com. 50% off Rex

This is textures as well right ?

This is textures as well right ?

Yea it was weather injection but also all the cloud textures. It also does water and stuff but I only use the clouds

Meh I bought the big package....

My wife is going to kill me .

Meh I bought the big package....

My wife is going to kill me .

Bahahaha. Sounds like me with golf.

Just wait until I get you into a real sim in Calgary. Then she'll truly think your nuts.

Bahahaha. Sounds like me with golf.

Just wait until I get you into a real sim in Calgary. Then she'll truly think your nuts.

That would be so amazing .

" I'm going to Canada to fly in a real sim"

I can only imagine how epic the response would be.

My wife would just roll her eyes at me.

Started rebuilding my flight computer over the weekend. Swapped the velociraptor HD back into the system along with a SSD. Small and fast loads the scenery so much quicker.

Now to decide which virtual airline to join for the winter. I've got a md80, 747, 767,777 I can fly. Also an e175/e190 for short hauls. Delta is looking like a good option.

Delta 777 = sexy

Wish I had the pull to get ya into a Citation X (fastest business jet in the world) sim here @ work

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Started rebuilding my flight computer over the weekend. Swapped the velociraptor HD back into the system along with a SSD. Small and fast loads the scenery so much quicker.

Now to decide which virtual airline to join for the winter. I've got a md80, 747, 767,777 I can fly. Also an e175/e190 for short hauls. Delta is looking like a good option.

Delta? Forget them! American 777

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The 777 is amazing but it honestly is kind of boring to fly it's so easy.

Obviously this is sim talk and not real world.

Now that I've got the hang of flying in general I'm loving the Dash 8. It's a beast and real challenging to fly plus perfect for the regional flights that don't take hours and hours to complete .

Back