Florida Golf 1/12 or 1/13

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
A bit of late notice, but I am trying to get something together for this weekend for us Florida THPers. I dont have anything set in stone at the moment, so would basically leave the decisions up to the group that gets involved, but I would love to try and get a small gathering up this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday for a round and some fun.

There are a few great courses over this way in Bradenton (south of Tampa) that I have been dying to get back on, those being Riverstrand GC and Waterlefe.

Website for Riverstrand is http://www.riverstrandgolf.com/sites/courses/layout10.asp?id=710&page=39325

And, I did a course review of Waterlefe a few weeks back; http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...rlefe-Golf-and-River-Club-Review-Bradenton-FL

Im open to suggestions, and whatever works for the group, but have to get the arrangements made pretty quickly. If you are interested, let me know!

I am in. Last round of golf before the PGA Show.
I could even add to this I think.
Have some clubs to test such as the new Callaway X-Hot and perhaps even some stuff that won't be announced till Friday.
If we get enough for two foursomes, I think we could even do a contest to have some fun.

X-Hot you say? I think there are a few local Callaway staffers that this might intrigue...

Frick. And I think I'm cool because I am working on a group for Sim golf on Friday. :banghead:

If I had a week, I could get down there. My parents are in Lutz.

Will need to double check to see when we're back in town on Sunday. High probability I'm down if it's on Sundy

I'm in for Sunday

Man, that sounds great. I wish it was closer to home. Hit them well and not so often THPers.

...what kind of greens fees are we talking about?

...what kind of greens fees are we looking at?

War has a convincing way to get the costs down, but nothing too extravagant normally. I think the last one was around $60 and the one after that was at $50. Both were well worth it as the courses were spectacular.

Wheels are turning. Gotta check the schedule and customers...

Would love to, but it's my wife's b-day and I don't think I can get out for a round of golf!

Have fun - will be a great time. Bummer I need to miss this one.

Would love to, but it's my wife's b-day and I don't think I can get out for a round of golf!

Ah. Was hoping you would be able to make the trip down.

I'm in. Be good to meet some people from here. If nothing else, I'll make everyone else feel really really good about their game.

Awesome Greg. Looking forward to meeting you.

I'm in. Be good to meet some people from here. If nothing else, I'll make everyone else feel really really good about their game.
Excellent!

Captn War, how many are there so far?

Some wives want to be left alone to enjoy peace and quiet on their birthdays. Try that, it might work for her?

With Greg in, we have 5.

I am assuming Wake is at work and hasnt seen the thread, but if he is off, I am sure he is up for a round. That would get us at 6. Two more for two foursomes.

Where is Greg coming in from.

Back