Forum Testing - Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all of the testers. I'm really intrigued by these and looking forward to all of your thoughts on these new golf balls.

Congrats to the testers! Looking forward to seeing these balls in action Ron! We should get together soon...

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I prefer the Nike 20xi (s) for the greenside spin without sacrificing distance. The covers hold up as well.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? TaylorMade Penta, Titleist Prov1 and Nike One Tour.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Length off the tee with a good amount of spin around the greens, although I do prefer cover durability.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 3x a week and always practive my short game before the round. As always, I would compare the "unknown balls" against my current ones off the tee, from the fairway and around the greens (rough/bunkers) and putting. I wold also compare how the covers fair after a round and document all of it for a later follow-up post. I typically post when there is something I feel I can add or contribute to a post here and there. Also, if there is something I need an opinion on or just need to vent about my up and down golf game.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I prefer the Nike 20xi (s) for the greenside spin without sacrificing distance. The covers hold up as well.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? TaylorMade Penta, Titleist Prov1 and Nike One Tour.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Length off the tee with a good amount of spin around the greens, although I do prefer cover durability.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 3x a week and always practive my short game before the round. As always, I would compare the "unknown balls" against my current ones off the tee, from the fairway and around the greens (rough/bunkers) and putting. I wold also compare how the covers fair after a round and document all of it for a later follow-up post. I typically post when there is something I feel I can add or contribute to a post here and there. Also, if there is something I need an opinion on or just need to vent about my up and down golf game.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But the testers have been announced.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?
WILSON STAFF FG TOUR LIKE THE FEEL OF THE DRIVER, IRONS AND PUTTER AND WORKABILITY AROUND THE GREEN
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?
TITLEIST PRO V1, SRIXON Z-STAR, TAYLORMADE TP BLACK
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
FEEL, SPIN CONTROL
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP
PLAY SOME ROUNDS AND SEE HOW THEY REACT AROUND THE GREEN AND AS FOR ACTIVITY LEVEL I JUST SIGNED UP

DRIVER: TAYLORMADE BURNER SUPERFAST/ MATRIX OZIK XCON STIFF FLEX
RESCUE: TAYLORMADE R7
IRONS: WILSON STAFF CI7 STIFF FLEX 4-GW
WEDGES: WILSON STAFF TW9 54, 56, 60
PUTTER: WILSON STAFF 8882 BLADE

Sorry chuck but the testers have already been selected for this one

Welcome

Bridgestone e6. Selected this ball mainly on the basis of distance and accuracy on full shots, especially the ability to get good compression despite my relatively slow swing speed (~85mph). I wanted a soft bt not mushy feel off the putter and less rollout on chips and pitches.
Srixon Soft Feel (previous gamer before the e6), Srixon AD333, Noodle Easy Distance, Nike PD Soft.
Low spin off the tee without losing distance. Reasonable spin on approach shots. Soft feel in putting. I also care about the quality of any built-in alignment tools on the ball. I use these tools extensively when driving and putting.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I practice more or less every day and play several times a week. My testing plan would be to pit the test ball against my regular gamer, the e6, in the various drills I perform. This will provide comparative data on all aspects of the game. My goal would be to provide quantitative data in these comparisons in addition to the usual subjective views about feel and the like. I would report on these tests as I conduct them. My activity level on THP is increasing. After lurking on the site for several months, I joined recently and have been posting to several threads as well as contributing some threads myself. Thus, I m becoming ever more active on the site. Obviously, having something to report in testing would provide a compelling reason to post even more often.

Bridgestone e6. Selected this ball mainly on the basis of distance and accuracy on full shots, especially the ability to get good compression despite my relatively slow swing speed (~85mph). I wanted a soft bt not mushy feel off the putter and less rollout on chips and pitches.
Srixon Soft Feel (previous gamer before the e6), Srixon AD333, Noodle Easy Distance, Nike PD Soft.
Low spin off the tee without losing distance. Reasonable spin on approach shots. Soft feel in putting. I also care about the quality of any built-in alignment tools on the ball. I use these tools extensively when driving and putting.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I practice more or less every day and play several times a week. My testing plan would be to pit the test ball against my regular gamer, the e6, in the various drills I perform. This will provide comparative data on all aspects of the game. My goal would be to provide quantitative data in these comparisons in addition to the usual subjective views about feel and the like. I would report on these tests as I conduct them. My activity level on THP is increasing. After lurking on the site for several months, I joined recently and have been posting to several threads as well as contributing some threads myself. Thus, I m becoming ever more active on the site. Obviously, having something to report in testing would provide a compelling reason to post even more often.

Better check the first post, the testers were selected over two months ago.

Better check the first post, the testers were selected over two months ago.

Haha SV skim alert for sure.

Always good to know that I am not the only one.
laughing_dog.gif

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I currently play Pro V1. Why, I wan't any advantage I can get.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone 330rx, Srixon Z Star and today, Wilson Staff 50 Elite

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance, control, price.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I constantly like to "tinker" and look to see what works best for me. Being retired, I have the time. I am a new member on the forum..

Thank you

Skim for the ages dude.

--
tapatalk

This could be the Grandaddy of all skims right here.......a 9 month skim!

That may have been the greatest skim /dead thread revive I have ever seen.

wooooooooow and I thought I was bad at skimming

Thank you fastbasser for making my THP'ing day!!!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

EPIC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back