Forum Testing - Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A company wants your opinion and help as a THP Forum Member. This company has sent THP a number of different golf balls with the goal to get feedback on them through your play.

General Info
THP will be sending out golf balls to selected THP forum members that want to be testers. Your job is to try the ball out and continue to update the testing thread that we setup as you play and work with the new balls.
You will be responsible for a $5 shipping cost to receive your golf balls.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
20 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure. Just in the last month, THP has sent out training aids, over a dozen iron sets, drivers, hybrids and more.

Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

The Balls
You will not know about the brand until it arrives in your mailbox, but we can tell you that there are a number of different styles and many will receive a different type of ball. You will be responsible for packaging pictures, brand discussion and obviously testing reports.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any". If you do not answer each question in full, you will not be selected.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you might find out what is being tested next and more information before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

EDIT:

The TESTERS HAVE BEEN SELECTED

Last edited:
1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone E6 - good distance and great responsiveness around the greens. Also quite durable.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Srixon Ad-333, Wilson Staff X1, Polara
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Good distance and ball checking up well on full shots into green.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I practice several times a week on short game and also play approximately twice per week; I would test and provide feedback on each aspect of the game. Activity level is quite high on THP; I post alot when I have something to contribute and read a bunch more to expand my knowledge about anything golf related.

Thanks again THP and mystery golf ball company!!

Another awesome opportunity provided by THP and OEM's.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone e6 after getting a ball fitting and wanting to get more distance off the tee. Love the distance and feel around the greens.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway Warbid, Callaway HX Diablo, NIKE 2009 Power Distance
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance off the tee and soft feel around the greens. My iron game isn't at the point where I need to worry about spin too much.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have been a very active member of THP since joining and absolutely love all that it has to offer. My testing plan is 2-3 range sessions per week and at least 1 but sometimes 2 rounds of 18 per week. I am always on the site whether at my PC or through Tapa Talk so updating progress is never an issue.

Thanks again for another great testing opportunity. Up until recently I did not realize how important a good golf ball is and what a difference it makes. I would love to try out some other balls that I may not normally have taken a chance on.

I'd be more than happy to help test out some balls.

1. Bridgestone B330-S. Great tour ball with a ton of distance and I love the durability and feel. Plus my ball fitting results directed me to try this ball and I've loved it since!
2. Polara, TaylorMade Penta, Callaway Tour i (z) and (s)
3. Soft feel, good spin, distance, durability in that order.
4. Testing plan for me would be to take it right to the course and compare it side by side with the ball I play now, that ball has become the mark at which I measure all golf balls by so it would be a very good barometer to test any ball against. My activity level on THP is very active during the weekdays, slows down some at nights and weekends due to family obligations, but I'm around plenty.

Good luck to everyone interested in this forum testing!

Great stuff! As i just have started to use a new type of ball (one that i was fitted for) i will stay out of this as i feel i wont be able to add something of greater value and learn how my new ball behave instead.

Yes please! I love the blind test.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Either the Bridgestone B330-RX or e6. I was recommended both by Bridgestone depending on the amount of greenside spin I wanted.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? I played a box of Srixon Z-Stars recently and have played a few of Titleists offerings - NXT, NXT Tour, and Pro V1x
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? - Depends on conditions. I want a ball that will give me optimal driver distance, not a ton of sidespin, and is able to be predictable around the green. I do like a ball that stops quickly on approach shots, but I don't have to have a super-spinny ball.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I would be testing the ball out on the course at least once a week, if not more. I would report back to the forum, post pics, possibly videos, and answer questions truthfully. I'd make sure I knew enough about the product ot be knowledgeable. As for activity level, please see post count :)

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Titleist NXT, a friend gave me a couple of sleeves and I like the distance I get from them.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone B6, Srixon zStar
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance and enough spin to be able to stop on the green
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least 4 times a week so the balls will get a thorough testing, including a lot of time on the practice chipping and putting areas

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330-RX. I was fitted for this ball during a Bridgestone ball fitting. I like the distance is gives and provides great feel around the greens.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Call Tour i(z)and i(s). I have also tried the Callaway HX Diablo Tour, bridgestone e6(yellow) and Polara.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? good distance, nice feel around the greens. A ball that spins since I'm not a high spin player and a ball that is durable.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would be able to take this ball on the course and short game practice areas and compare to all of the other balls listed above. I am a very active member here on THP and will provide honest reviews. I spend multiple hours a day during the week on THP.

Good luck everyone!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Nike 20XI s and callaway tour i(s) I need the spinnier balls because i need the spin to get the ball in the air and also green side control
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Penta, B330 s, pro v1 '09, pro v1x '11
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I need something that spins a little more so therefore I can get more carry and also I hit alot of aggressive chips, so something with greenside control.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?I play at least 5-6 rounds of golf a week and I go out everyday and putt and chip, Im active on THP when I feel its a topic I can help on or have knowledge about, I get on here everyday and look around, but I dont always comment.

Sounds like fun!
1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Diablo Tour. I like the ball flight and feel the most. It does a pretty fine job of stopping on greens as well, especially soft ones!
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway i(s), Bridgestone 330-RX
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? A bit of help keeping it straight off the driver. Mid heigth flight. Softish feel without feeling like hot butter and stopping power.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? 45 holes/week minimum. 70 range balls minimum. 1/2 my day is spent checking THP for updates :glasses-nerdy: I also have access to a couple course with entirely different layouts and conditions.

Another great opportunity!!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Titleist Pro V 1
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone E6
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance, control, spin, feel
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will practice 2-3 times per week as well as play a round of golf each week. I will also be open to questions by other THP's and answer as good as I can. I have access to THP all day so I can help answer questions.

Bridgestone B330 series. I'm not sure exactly why but I know that I don't lose them on the course and that makes me happy.

I've tried the Srixon Zstars (older model), Trispeed, Bridgestone E5/6, and TaylorMade TP red and black.

Control and distance. I want to be able to carry the ball further without having to worry about too much side spin.

I'm not sure how I would test golf balls. I can bring them to the range but I'd never be able to get them back. I can bring them to my course and play them. I know where my usual golf ball lands for distance so I could easily compare.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Srixon Trispeed Tour
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Taylormade Tour Burner, Penta TP, Bridgestone E7, Taylormade TP Black LDP, Srixon Z-Star,
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Spin on full swing irons shots. Also feel off of the driver.4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm on THP daily and try to contribute in a positive way. I have tested equipment for THP before and enjoyed the experience. I don't think that there were any complaints about my testing. As a mid handicap, I find that the site offers a lot of knowledge that has helped me understand golf. Because of the knowledge that I've gained, I want to help others have the same kind of positive experience as I have.

This sounds like fun! Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to read the reviews!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Nike Juice. I like the distance I get with this ball, and its a good ball for the price.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Srixon Zstar, Bridgestone e6 (fitted on their website) Polara anti-slice ball
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? A ball that has good distance and minimal sidespin
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf 2-3 times a week as well as have a chipping area in my backyard. I will test the ball on the golf course and in the yard and compare it to all of the other balls I have and have used.

Thanks so much THP for an awesome contest!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? ProV1x
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Just bought some Tour Burners that I'm going to test next round, but other than that not many.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Low spin off driver, penetrates well through the wind, and predictable results inside 50 yards.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will play these balls until there's no cover left on any of them and report back after every experience with the ball. My activity level on THP is more of an addiction. I'm either sitting in front of my laptop on THP or I'm on Tapatalk if I'm away from the laptop.

Thanks again to THP and the mystery company!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Callaway Diablo. Because I've been breaking 100 alot with recently.
I like the distance I've been getting with it and it has OK spin.
Thinking about switching to the Tour i(z) recently since I've been losing less of them (plus they're buy 2 get 1 free).

I've played the Bridgestone E5 and wasn't enamored with them. I got more distance from the Diablos but the E5 did have more control around the green.

Distance first. Distance second. Control third.

I can probably get out 2x a weekend now that my little guy loves golfing with his daddy. Those rounds I can actually play two balls (testing if chosen and my regular ball) to give side by side results since that round is more relaxed. My normal round with buddies I'd play the testing ball and report back after both with pic's and analysis. I can report on Facebook.

Nike 20XI-X - Great distance with good short game spin. Very consistent! The fact of the matter I'm hitting more fairways and more greens with this ball and my scores are dropping.
Taylormade Penta has been my ball for last 2 years (until recently) / Nike 20XI-S / I've also tried the Srixon Z-Star X
Consistency! Good distance w/ good greenside spin.
Testing: I play regularly at least twice a week... Fridays are my day off from work and I play at least 18 (usually 27+). This day is my practice day and work on any issues with the game and/or swing. Sundays I play in a regular skins game or play in a tournament (I have to keep the competitive juices flowing...).
So I have a day where I can work on something specific with the balls (including testing against some other balls) to answer questions either for myself or for a/several forum members. I can also test the balls under more stressful situations on Sundays and see how they hold up when it means something. I am also active on both Facebook and Twitter where I can update my progress on a regular basis and pique interest of others that may not be regulars on our forum. I have been benefiting for quite sometime from the information and games that have been on this forum and I would like to have my opportunity to be able to give back what I can.
Activity: I have been consistently active on THP since I've joined almost 2 years ago... I tend to be more active on topics that interest me most. Most members that have been active on THP will know my screen name... especially those who check the fashion oriented threads (especially the Sligo ones..). I also comment when I can on golf advice or equipment I have played or am educated on.

Thanks again THP!!!

Last edited:
Ball Test

Ball Test

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Best I have played is the Srixon Trispeed. Responds well off the club and spins well on the green.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Calloway Tour X and Titleist Pro V
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Response, spin, feel off the club
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Alternate test ball with my current ball and other brands to compare. Will be on THP weekly.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone e6. This is the ball that I was fit for through there ball fitting and it has worked out well for me lately.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Nike PD Long, Maxfli C3,
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I like the softer balls, I don't care for the feel of a harder ball off my irons, and the clicky sound off my putters.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 9 holes during the week for my league and I play 18 on the weekends. I go to the range about 2 to 3 times a week to work on the drills I got from my golf instructor. When I go to the range, I spend an hour on the chipping/putting green as well. I am a daily poster on THP when I can add to the forum. I visit the site way more that I should when I am at work (like right now). I frequent Facebook and can update my testing status on there as well.

This was a blast for the testers last time and I'm sure the results will be quite telling once again. I'm in. Thanks THP and the companies at large!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I'm in a ProV1 kick right now as its a solid all around performer in about all catagories except durability.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Polara, Nike 20xi, Bridgestone B330RX and RXS, TM Penta
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Long, straight and just soft enough to stay on the green.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Head to head with a couple of balls I'm very used to on a course I play often. Durability, distance, ballooning, side spin and stopping spin.

I'm on THP at some point everyday and often times many times a day. I try to be as involved with all the discussions possible in a positive way.

Wow !!! another awesome opportunity to be a tester for THP and unknown Ball company.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Callaway Diablo HX
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Penta
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I want to have distance with the ball checking up
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm on THP everyday throughout the day. I follow on Facebook and Twiiter . I will be a reviewing fool. I play 4-5 rounds at present time a week..

Thank you for this great Opportunity THP & The ? Ball Company

Currently playing the B330S and loving it. Getting good distance and action around the green.

Also currently in the bag are - ProV1 and Penta TP

I like a soft ball that will explode off the tee and react the way you want both in the air and on the green.

Hitting a good stretch of golfing days as the weather finally clears up. Would be very interested in seeing if any other balls will match up to the current 3 I keep in the bag. Trying to stay active on THP as much as I can. I feel lost when I'm away for a few days.
I'm looking for that "big break" to test a product and give back to the members of THP that have already given so much to me.

Thanks.

Yet again THP surprises!!!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? TM TP Black, I like that they hold the green, get good distance and don't mar up too quickly.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Slazenger, Penta
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Good distance with spin, bite's the green on approach shots.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a pretty active member on THP. My computer always has THP on a screen in the back ground while at work. Check on my phone and all! Can't wait for the 2012 OUTING!!! YIPPEE!! To test the balls, I plan on playing them at my home course in situations I use my current ball in all the time. Compare distance, feel, flight, and grippiness on the green, rolling stature on putts...(LOL) I really would like a ball that gets good distance with an good putt roll!!

What another great testing opportunity for THP members. Thank you to THP and the mystery ball company.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330-S, I love the ball flight and distance off the tee, and its short game control is possibly the best I have played.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? TaylorMade Penta and Burner Tour, Polara, Nike 20XI-S.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Compression that works for a 95-100 mph swing speed, and consistant short game control.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would be to game the ball in my 2 rounds per week, and I practice my short game at least 3 times per week so I would use that ball in all those sessions. My activity level on THP is quite high as I am on here every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back