Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, those look sweet!

1. What irons do you currently play? callaway x-14

2. What is your handicap index?6.4

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? tt dg s300

4. Are you right handed or left handed?right handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
my testing plan would be to compare them to my current irons,see how they do with regards to forgiveness,feel,sound,workability and flight from each club.i would hit the range once a week and hit the course at least 2-3 times per week with pictures and videos.i would update daily on here and answer any questions.

my activity level on thp is quite high for the time i have been here,i contribute as much as i can and like spending my time on here reading all the different reviews and posts made by other members.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams A3

2. What is your handicap index? 15

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True Temper Performance Lite

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing would consist of on-course evaluation and diriving range with video. Probably 1 round a week and 1 practice. My participation has been pretty high even though I am new. I love the site, best golf forum ever.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play? PING i-3's
2. What is your handicap index? 19
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Stiff, Stock PING shafts
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan is to compare these clubs with the PING's I have been playing with for 2 years. I would hit the range 2 times a week and an array of courses with different difficulty levels as well. I know my clubs distance and feel pretty well and think I would be able to asses these irons without bias. As far as my participation, I am a full time student and my course load just decreased significantly so I will be able to participate more now than I have since joining a few weeks ago. Thanks for the consideration! THP is definitely an awesome place to spend some relaxing time talking about the game I love!

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X-16
2. What is your handicap index? 23
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stock Callaway Shafts (Uniflex)
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I golf about 1-2 times every week and try to go to the range about the same every week (nice to have one within 10 mins). I will of course compare it to my current set and add video reviews both on course and on the driving range. I play with a big group of golfers so their opinions will also be added. I'm relatively new to THP, but the frequent the site fairly regularly.

Thanks to THP and Wilson for this great opportunity.

I wonder whose irons I held hahahahah.....:alien:. Love seeing all the signups!

You should have signed one, instant collectors edition.

You should have signed one, instant collectors edition.

:) lol.

This round of testing will be one of my favorites. As a Wilson Staff superfan I look forward to seeing these in our testers hands. Thursday is going to be a great day for some lucky testers!

I'd be honored if they were mine!
Not only would I get to test some amazing irons, but I would get to test irons that appeared in Yoccos's first THP Birdie video haha

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently have a combo set of Scratch Irons and set of Callaway Razr X Forged (on loan from buddy)
2. What is your handicap index? 5-GHIN
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I play Steel-Nippon Super Peening Blue-Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will be testing the irons at least twice a week on the course and 2-3 times a week on the range. I will be doing side-by-side testing with Scratch set and Callaway set. All testing will be documented after the specific session and posted on THP.

:) lol.

This round of testing will be one of my favorites. As a Wilson Staff superfan I look forward to seeing these in our testers hands. Thursday is going to be a great day for some lucky testers!

hopefully not any of mine, cant have any Cutlerism on them, dont want them to quit on me haha

hopefully not any of mine, cant have any Cutlerism on them, dont want them to quit on me haha

Ballsy of you ripping on Cutler after the Romo meltdown last night, heh.

As for the irons, really looking forward to how they stack up against the MCs. They seem to be a similar type of iron from what I've seen so far.

Ballsy of you ripping on Cutler after the Romo meltdown last night, heh.

As for the irons, really looking forward to how they stack up against the MCs. They seem to be a similar type of iron from what I've seen so far.

Leave Romo out of this.
That's what I'm looking forward to as well. I'd love to be able to test them side by side

I am really liking the look of these Wilsons! I hope they play as good as they look! Good luck to all the future testers

1. What irons do you currently play? I play a combo set of Taylormade TP's
2. What is your handicap index? 8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? KBS Tour Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan on taking plenty of video and photos and documenting the total process from opening the box to hitting the clubs. I play a LOT and consider myself a good iron player. I would offer direct comparisons with my tour preferred and my burners. I am very active online and in social media and will promote my experiences everywhere it is appropriate.

Another great testing opportunity, Thanks Wilson Staff and THP
1. What irons do you currently play?Taylormade CB's
2. What is your handicap index?15.1
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?Steel/ True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300
4. Are you right handed or left handed?Right Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am currently very active on THP, Im on every day, multiple times per day and have amassed a significant amount of posts in a short period of time. I would test these multiple times per week on the range (1-2 times) and on the course weekly (1-2 times), I would update the testing thread after each trip to the range, or round and by that time will have a video camera and post as many videos as I can as well. My plan would be to give fellow THPers true and honest feedback.

thanks again

1. What irons do you currently play? TM MC's
2. What is your handicap index? 4.9
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? KBS Tour Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm out at the golf course at least three times a week, and some weeks more. I would be updatting the site forum daily answering any questions people may have about the irons, I would do at least one review everytime I hit/played them, and would update THP's facebook page and tweet. I'm on THP daily and post daily (although this week has been busy) throughout various threads which I will continue to do no matter what happens.

Good luck everyone and these look to be a great set of irons.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7's
2. What is your handicap index? 13.2 via Golfshot. GHIN will be on the 15th
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stock shafts that were in my set of R7's.
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My typical week is 2-3, one hour range sessions. With school being back in I now get off at 1:30 and try and play Thursdays and Saturdays. I like to record/video my range sessions so I can upload to my MAC and see my swing in slow motion. So I will have video footage to go with the testing as well. Activity level on THP is everyday I check in and I would guess at least one post if not more a day. THP is like crack if your a golf nut like I am.

1. What irons do you currently play?Taylormade Burner plus
2. What is your handicap index?15
3. What shafts do you play in your irons. Stock graphite stiff flex
4. Are you right handed or left handed?Right Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I haven't been very active at all lately since I'm still in the process of moving from SC to NM. But I'm almost done and I would be able to play at least once a week with at least one driving range session a week as well. I will give honest feedback without sugar coating anything.

Hopefully there is room for one more entry?

1. What irons do you currently play? Bridgestone J38's
2. What is your handicap index? 20.1
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Project X 5.5 steel
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? To give honest feedback on these Irons and see if they hit as good as they look. Play a round and hit the range at least once a week and have no problem spending some time sharing my thoughts on how they work for me as well as answer questions about the product. Activity level is steady as always. Thanks guys.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Titleist AP2 (Previous Generation)

2. What is your handicap index?
16.2 and dropping rapidly

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Project X 5.5 Stiff

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right Handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I am golf obsessed and THP is my place to find people who don't get tired of talking about golf. I love to write and help other people with objective advice and input. I attend demo day as often as I can and have tested most of the brands out there. Looking for club reviews is how I found THP and really appreciated the long term reviews. When testing new equiptment I find I tend to swing easier and get better results to the opportunity to see tell others how the equiptment performs on both good and bad days is important.

I plan to start off by getting used to them at the range and then test them against my clubs as a reference point. I would probably rotate them through my bag for some rounds along with my current clubs as a controll and track scores to see if there is any improvement. I would also continue to track GIR data (important for irons) as well as distance to pin.

My only weakness is that I usually only play p-5i but I would break out the long irons and give them a run.

Here in Northern CA I can play all year in a wide variety of conditions so that will be interesting to watch as well.

Hello,

New to THP here in Sydney Australia! My clubs are in my signature and testing approach is similar to all others. Use all the time, comments everytime they are used (at least twice a week) and take a bunch of photos and video!
I am right handed!

Hello,

New to THP here in Sydney Australia! My clubs are in my signature and testing approach is similar to all others. Use all the time, comments everytime they are used (at least twice a week) and take a bunch of photos and video!
I am right handed!

Please see the first post as well as a few entries and resubmit your entry for testing. THank you.

First off, Thank you very much for the opportunity THP and Wilson, This is awesome!

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Wilson Staff Matrix irons. They are about 6 years old.
2. What is your handicap index? about 22
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Graphite, Men's Flex, Wilson Matrix Shafts
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least 18 holes a week, it might be 2 separate 9 hole rounds, but I always try to get at least 18 holes a week. I also spend a fair amount of time at the range about every couple weeks cleaning up things that I feel is bad with my swing, stance ect. I plan on taking video of unboxing, etc. As well as documentation on distance and accuracy differences between my current irons, and the new ones.
I am on THP every day reading the forum's, checking out the awesome contests, and seeing what is new with equipment, and golf news. I try to post as much as possible, depending upon the subjects, some weeks I get more posts than others. I also follow THP on Twitter (my addiction) and Facebook as well as receive the THP newsletter each month.

Great opportunity.
1 Callaway x forged
2 9.9
3 Project x 5.5 steel
4 Right handed
5 I play at least once a week, and try to practice at the range another 2 times a week. I'm on THP several times a day to check out the forums. Don't usually post a lot, but with this testing I could post several times a week after practice and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back