Not open for further replies.

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

[video=youtube;Mfndmgcg_-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfndmgcg_-Q[/video]

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
3 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.
If you are chosen you must pay for the shipping to receive the clubs.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the irons out frequently and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will also be asked to update Facebook and Twitter with your findings as well (minimum of 1 of the two). This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. At the end of the testing, the irons will be yours to keep.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any".

1. What irons do you currently play?
2. What is your handicap index?
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
4. Are you right handed or left handed?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

The Testers

Hawk
War.eagle
Howzat

Congrats to the 3 testers selected. Another first time tester in this list and we look forward to following everybody's feedback. You will receive a PM from us shortly in regards to the next step.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to bring it THP, look forward to the testing on this sweet looking iron.

Nice irons! Will be interesting to see how the testing goes.

Wow - SWEET!! I will pass on putting my entry in since I am already testing irons for THP but what another amazing opportunity by Wilson and THP!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Last edited:
Wow another opportunity! Saw this on facebook before I came here..

1. '09 Burners
2. 6.1
3. Steel, regular, stock KBS shafts
4. Left handed
5. I play two to three times weekly and plan to continue with that. Video, and plenty of pictures would be used from unboxing to the range to the course. Info about the distance, feel and accuracy along with forgivness of these clubs will be important to me. I'm on THP multiple times daily posting or reading reviews and discussing all aspects of THP. I also follow THP on twitter as well as Facebook. I consider myself very active and plan to continue that.

Thanks THP and Wilson Staff for the opportunity!

Last edited:
Suhweet! There will be three happy testers in a few days or so! Good luck!

Great presentation, Yoccos!

Nike Victory Red Full Cavity Irons

12.1 OOB

True Temper Dynamic Gold High Launch S300 Stiff Flex

Left Handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
If selected I will take these to the driving range a minimum of twice a week with at least 18 holes a week. I have a friend who can get us on at 3 courses in Kansas City for free so I usually play either 18 or 36 holes a week. I also have a mat and net in my basement for the winter when it gets cold that I will be able to test them on. I will compare them with more of a GI iron in the VR full cavity. I have a twitter and FB account and will frequently post on both of those about these irons as well. I am very active on THP having amassed 2500 posts in just a few months. I have tested before and have been told by both companies that I have provided good reviews.

Thanks so much to :thp: and :wilson:for this awesome opporunity. Good luck to everyone and cant wait to see the amazing testers THP will no doubt choose.

Wow...another great opportunity from THP and Wilson!! Good luck to everyone!!

Another great testing opportunity, Thanks Wilson Staff and THP
1. What irons do you currently play?Mizuno MX300
2. What is your handicap index?8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?Steel True Temper Dynalite Golf XP S300
4. Are you right handed or left handed?Right Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?I am very active on THP, it is like a second home to me, If I am not golfing or working I am on THP. I would test these multiple times per week(2-4x) on course and on range with pictures and videos, I would update the testing thread after every round or range session, I would give honest feedback whether it be good or bad, the truth is the best when testing a product! I just want to say thanks again to Wilson Staff and THP.

Last edited:
BEAUTIES !! Glad they've gotten back to the cambered soles from a couple of years ago. Can you post a picture of the leading edge ? The Pi-7 series had a nice soft roll to the leading edge, then went with a sharp edge that liked to dig. Like the cavity and the compact size - can't wait to see them.

Thanks for another great opportunity THP and Wilson Staff!
1. What irons do you currently play? I play the Callaway Diablo Edge 4-pw.
2. What is your handicap index? 7.3
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel- Callaway Uniflex.
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to thoroughly test every aspect of these irons. I play almost everyday after school and on the weekends. I also hit at the range just about everyday. I have a large hitting are in my basement, so I can always hit. I can have my teammates give me their thoughts as well. I will compare them to my irons, as well as my brothers X-22 irons. I plan on posting every day, and using pics and videos. I can use Twitter or Facebook. I will also answer any questions. I am very active on THP, and will continue to be.

Wow, those are some nice looking irons. Looking forward to hearing thoughts on how they play.

1. What irons do you currently play? Srixon Z-Star
2. What is your handicap index? 10.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel; Nippon NS1050GH; Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan is to play them frequently and report back with pic's, video and thoughts/observations. I play about 3-4 rounds a week and a few range sessions a week as well. I could compare them to the Z-Star's I currently play as well as the Burner's (previous set). Activity level is becoming an addict in reading the forum; I read through the posts several times daily and post daily. Not that I'm back in the country and able to play, I am posting regularly and love reading reviews on everything.

Mizuno MP 53

TT Dynamic Gold S300 - Steel Stiff

Right Handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP??

I play a couple of rounds a week and try to hit the range once or twice a week as well. I would test these against my current irons and do play a course weekly where I can compare the irons side by side with my current set on the course. I would give my opinions on the set a few times a week and take pictures and video where it will help the readers. I will also use Twitter and Facebook update on the testing. I would judge the set on criteria such as distance, forgiveness, and feel. I am on THP daily and really enjoy the site. I try to contribute daily and feel I am active forum member.

Wow they look Sweet!!!!!!!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Burner Plus
2. What is your handicap index? 14
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel shafts, stiff flex, and stock Taylormade Superfast shaft.
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Play once a week and hit balls at work. Also have a simulator. My activity level on THP is picking back up now that I am done working 60 hour weeks during the summer. I finally have time to get back on the site : )

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams OS12
2. What is your handicap index? 15.1
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP:
I post daily on THP and am always browsing the front page along with the forum for news, equipment and golf talk. Active in equipmemt threads and always available to answer questions on equipment I have.

I would be testing these irons weekly with one round min and multiple range sessions. Video feedback and pictures are always part of my testing along with detailed recaps of my round. I would be looking to test the forgiveness along with the shot making ability of these irons. My testing plan would be unique in the sense that I would be using irons on different ends of a spectrum along with different types of shafts when I compare the two sets. Initially the irons would be tested completely separate but eventually the comparisons would be made.

I am surprised no one has commented on the video, or who made the video.

I was wondering...but didn't want to sound stupider than normal :D

I heard JB at the end talking about the bird tweeting...the first person sounded familar and I have an idea...but see sentence above as to why I'm not guessing

1. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland CG16 irons
2. What is your handicap index? 18
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? GS High Launch Reg Steel Shafts
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I currently Play 4-5 rounds a week.They would get a a lot of usage. I would compare distances between my current & Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons. I would discuss the feel the sound the workability of the irons. Post Pictures & Videos of the club in use.I would log all scores ,so people will know how my Handicap changes from when these are being played. I'm on THP throughout the whole day. I'm on Facebook & Twitter and will post heavy on Both. It just so happens I already follow them.

JB was the little bird (2nd) who was the first ?

Thank you THP & Wilson Golf!!!!!

Love the little "THP birdie..." bit in the video. Where were you GG? Those things look so sweet. Look like they would play similar to what I play now. If only I was even remotely good enough to play mine.

Sometimes I think my posts are invisible! hahaha

I am surprised no one has commented on the video, or who made the video.

Marc all the way and awesome as usual but did not want to start a bunch of banter about it! Good job Marc and those do look pretty slick.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back