Forum Testing - Yonex EZONE Hybrid

1. Mashie M3
2. 8.9
3. Wood-esque distance and an iron-esque swing with more versatility than either.
4. Never played any of their golf clubs, but I do have an rdis tennis racquet by them that I love, so who knows?
5. I golf ~twice weekly year round as I'm in AZ, and hit the range at least that much. I would like to find a club that gaps between my M3 and 3W, and hopefully they have a lower loft that will do just that. I'm a total noob here, but I've tried to read through every forum to see what this place has to offer and how conversations go, so now that I'm up to speed, hopefully I'll be a regular soon enough.

Ladies and Gentlemen I am here to tell you that Yonex is storming back onto the golf scene. Elbows are out and they are pushing their way into the game. I played with a client of mine yesterday afternoon @Georgia National and he had a full bag of Yonex clubs. I have known my client for the better part of 10 years and he always has the latest and greatest in his bag. He is a full head taller than me and has a silky smooth, hitchy swing. His clubs were neither setup for me or the proper flex. I did however have a chance to hold these in my hand and set up with them at various times during our round. They look nice, nice lines, nice top line views of the Hybrid.
My client has always been a high ball hitter and always behind me with every club in his bag. He hit some shots with the Hybrid that seemed to go on forever with a high strong ball flight. He palys ever shot left to right with about 10 - 15 yards of movement. This movement was cut in half with these yonex. He hit a lot of quality shots. I am not anyway say that these clubs with striaghten out your slice or hook. I am saying that I have never seen my client hit the ball the way he did yesterday. I am excited to hear who will be testing this Hybrid and get their feed back. If they fell what I saw, Yonex will be in good shape.

I'm really looking forward to seeing who gets selected for this one and reading the reviews. These are some sweet looking hybrids from Yonex!

Interesting listening to and reading the Yonex buzz. THe hybrid at this years outing was kind of like the Mashie at last years outing. Looks to be a great hybrid. I saw some great shots with it on the range.

Interesting listening to and reading the Yonex buzz. THe hybrid at this years outing was kind of like the Mashie at last years outing. Looks to be a great hybrid. I saw some great shots with it on the range.

That just made me even more excited to try this thing. Just hearing it used in the same sentence as the Mashie.

Nice to see the excitement over this round of testing. I for one would love to have an extended period of time to put this hybrid to work. There is no better way to test equipment in my opinion.

Nice to see the excitement over this round of testing. I for one would love to have an extended period of time to put this hybrid to work. There is no better way to test equipment in my opinion.

same here Hawk! I'm glad some more people signed up for this opportunity.

+1 Ironic that a hybrid (which some poeple are still opposed to carrying in their bags for some reason I think) has generated the most buzz 2 years in a row

Definitely great to see more and more checking out this club maker. Top to bottom they really have it going for them. This hybrid is going to make a lot of people happy.

When I started playing golf again, I had 0 hyrbids. Ill be up to 3 for the MC. Ballflight of an iron, easier to hit? Yes please. This Yonex has the Mashies worried.

+1 Ironic that a hybrid (which some poeple are still opposed to carrying in their bags for some reason I think) has generated the most buzz 2 years in a row

When I started playing golf again, I had 0 hyrbids. Ill be up to 3 for the MC. Ballflight of an iron, easier to hit? Yes please. This Yonex has the Mashies worried.

If that is true then I really hope I get selected to test it and see for myself.

Going to be 6 happy testers selected in any case

I definitely believe you will be doing a double take if you are selected.

If that is true then I really hope I get selected to test it and see for myself.

Going to be 6 happy testers selected in any case

Fingers crossed then :D

Thanks again to :thp: and Yonex :D

The Mashies are pondering about the potential of being replaced

If this hybrid was sitting in Golf Galaxy a few weeks ago it would probably be in my bag right now. Nano technology!

If this hybrid was sitting in Golf Galaxy a few weeks ago it would probably be in my bag right now. Nano technology!

what do you mean probably? We both know you'd love Nano technology in your golf bag

what do you mean probably? We both know you'd love Nano technology in your golf bag

Even better, nano technology in my shaft. ;)

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? 3hybrid from the nitro charger xlt set.
2. What is your handicap index? 31
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? It is my go to club. It needs to provide good feel, enough swing weight to launch the ball high and also get into rough lies. A bit of workability is also needed since the club is so often used to get out of trouble.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I haven't really had a chance to try out their golf equipment, though from what I can see on the internet, their clubs and especially this hybrid, _look_ very good.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I play at least a half round every week, and usually two full rounds a month. I also go to the range two to three times a week, so the hybrid will get a lot of testing. I will focus on distance, launch and feel. I will also be looking at how they perform out of the rough and for bump & runs around the green.

THP is the only forum I check regularly, and the only place I make all my golf related posts. I follow THP on FB and twitter, so I come back here multiple times a day. I also believe participation in THP has helped my golf game a lot since I joined, so I definitely will continue to be a very active member.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Bridgestone J36
2. What is your handicap index? 9.8
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? For it to have a high launch, ability to cut or draw the ball if need be, it must be good from the rough and off the tee. As a senior I have replaced my 3,4 & 5 irons with hybrids, but interestingly I still use a stiff shaft in them.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Respected company, just not a brand I see in many golf bags. I have never had the opportunity to demo any of their golf equipment.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am active as a poster and have reviewed a few items on THP. I visit the site daily and have made many friends here on the site. I play golf 3 to 5 times per week and visit the driving range 1 or 2 times per week. I have posted pictures and videos and would post each if I were chosen to test the EZONE. Because I am here daily I could respond to any and all questions in a timely manner and also play golf with other THPers on a regular basis and would be able to receive their input and thoughts about the hybrid.

Hahaha. I was going to go Fybrid.. Then I went Mashie and the Yonex could there as well. Im thinking Ill love the hybrids from the MC (hit them a lot) but I see it as a natural progression for you lol. They really are sweeting freaking hybrids.

I know i will be. lol

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Nickent 5dx
2. What is your handicap index? 15,9
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Good launch and control
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I haven´t seen any Yonex equipment live, but I think Monty played them a couple of years back and it intrigued me.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I`ll be playing twice a week on course or more for the rest of the summer and I´ll make sure to publish my findings and thoughts. I´ll also try and be on hand to answer questions people might have regarding the testing.

You guys just keep delivering good stuff!!! Thanks to Yonex for letting us test their puppys!!! And I wouldn´t mind seeing some Yonex equippment around my parts, its an untapped market for them.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Cobra TWS
2. What is your handicap index? 7.1
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Nice out of rough, more forgiveness than long iron in the fairway. Also, I'm looking for a hybrid that does not hook
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Never played Yonex. I know they are very popular in Japan, and would love to try their equipment.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play twice and week and practice 4 times a week. I would take the club to the range to dial in distance. I would compare its tendencies against my current hybrid. I would then take to the course to see how it performs.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I don't currently bag a hybrid. I have a 3 iron that I would like to replace.
2. What is your handicap index? 20.
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I need distance, forgiveness and good turf interaction. I get some very thin lies in the fairway at the course I play most.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I had a Yonex 3 wood several years ago that I LOVED. I've heard great things about their newer offerings.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan on 2+ rounds per week with at least that many range sessions. I would add unboxing pictures and video upon receiving the hybrid. I would update my findings after every round/range session. My activity level on THP could be described as follows: I add my thoughts when they are worthwhile, but don't add short meaningless posts or post just to run my post count up. I visit the forum multiple times a day and have for the last several months.

I could have used this one a few times today I think. I was going to putt my 4DX #3H back in the bag today but I forgot.

Back