Full Swing (Netflix) - Who’s watching?

Really liking the show so far thru 3 episodes. Going from Brooks to Dhamen and the Complete 180 in Attitudes was a interesting contrast.

Binged the whole series this past weekend. I liked it overall - it suffers from the same tropes and Drive to Survive but was enjoyable.
I like that it exposed me to new people like Dahmen, did nothing to change my opinion of others like Brooks and DJ not being worth any of my consideration, but Finau being an awesome dude, and did a good job of explaining the game to newcomers (did you know, if you don't make the cut, you don't get paid!?!??!!!? - I'm so glad they reinforced that for 4 episodes..... :rolleyes:).

I would love to know how this show was made - did they film it with storylines in mind or did they film and then piece things together? Was the fall of Brooks and the rise of Scheffler something they had in mind when they started or was that after the fact?

I also love how there are 1,000 cuts per scene and similar to Drive to Survive, you can see where the editing team spliced footage together from the same day, but different swings or times of day.

The Poulter episode was awful. Him talking about not getting a paycheck after missing a cut after his career is so freaking weird, and them playing the sad music to accommodate. Dude is worth way too much money for that.

The Finau episode was excellent. It's great to hear him tell his story, and showcase his success alongside his distractions. Very cool.

Finished episode 5 the other day. Wife, who knows nothing about golf, really likes it. Last weekend while I was watching golf she was asking how Justin Thomas was doing. I almost fell off the chair:D.

Finished episode 5 the other day. Wife, who knows nothing about golf, really likes it. Last weekend while I was watching golf she was asking how Justin Thomas was doing. I almost fell off the chair:D.
I love that these programs are allowing things like golf to present to a new audience.

I love that these programs are allowing things like golf to present to a new audience.
Absolutely! I am sure their are many more just like her who are becoming acquainted with the game and the golfers because of this series.

Watched the first 3 so far, Nearly laughed out loud when the Personal Trainer said make a full turn and show my logo, background, Someone off camera says, "only if you pay me" or something of the sort, sounded like Rory

Love what this series brings to people other than golf junkies. My wife and daughter binged with me and loved it. I also think the comments about cuts and not making money etc. (things we all know and May tire of hearing) are referenced multiple times because each installment seems to be designed as a stand alone in many ways so there are times when things get repeated for that purpose. Not sure if that was the aim but seems logical to me.

like others have mentioned I can’t wait until the next one is offered and agree that the possibilities are endless with LPGA, Champions and would love to see them do one on Korn Ferry players who are trying to move up. The back stories and struggles there would be compelling I believe.

Yes sir, I don't need to see DJ again

I'm loving the Sahith Theegala episode. What a nice young man and great family support!!
Dahmen, Finau, and Theegala were awesome. All three just great guys.

Last edited:
It was hard rewatching Mito at the PGA. I felt so gutted for him in the moment but even more so now.
But hey, you'll never have to see him go through it again ;)

But hey, you'll never have to see him go through it again ;)
He's qualified for this year's PGA with his finish last year.

I really liked Rory's episode...FU ;)

i guess....they did grow up a lot different then most of us. they already grew up with money.

would be weird having my dad as my coach. you see when he win the PGA champ (JT) the first person he hugs is his dad, not his wife....i found that weird.

i finished the episode, it is well made i will give it that. looking forward to the next one now with brooks. very curious to see how they handle the LIV tour stuff and Phil.

Edit: when I say it's well made, I mean it is presented well. Whoever made and edited this can make players look how they want. Guess that's why I'm very curious to see how Phil and the LIV guys are portrayed
The Mike Thomas sequences are excellent.

Watched the first 3 so far, Nearly laughed out loud when the Personal Trainer said make a full turn and show my logo, background, Someone off camera says, "only if you pay me" or something of the sort, sounded like Rory
Ha that was Golf Forever, the fitness program that Scheffler is the face of

It's really interesting (and great) to see the groups of players who tend to flock together while traveling, whether it's as individuals or couples etc. The Chile contingent, JT and JS, etc etc.

Has to make the whole process a bit more enjoyable.

Got through the episode with Dhamen. I like him a lot also the stroller store cracks me up
Dahmen might be the most relatable guy on tour

Just finished the Fitz episode. I like him a bit more than I did previously.
DJ can go kick rocks
He’s on the list we can’t like him. Crossed handed chipping with braces

Started then blew through all episodes.

First up, the amount of manufactured drama is clear from the Drive team behind it all. Not saying there isn't drama but, let's be honest now, no one is ending up in a fireball on hole 3.

Loved the communities that you don't see from outside, these guys have people they need to be with in a cut throat game.

Lastly, solidified my stance on LIV, pure, selfish money grab. F ethics, morals, everything, pure cash grab for nothing.

Just finished the last episode; I hope they do a season two. The only real takeaway for me was how much I like Finau now, but other than that those who I rooted for I will still root for, and those who I dislike (Koepka, Morikawa, and McIlroy) my perception was further solidified.

Just finished the last episode; I hope they do a season two. The only real takeaway for me was how much I like Finau now, but other than that those who I rooted for I will still root for, and those who I dislike (Koepka, Morikawa, and McIlroy) my perception was further solidified.
season 2 got the green light and is in production

Just watched the Dhaman show....really liked him

Back