Full Swing (Netflix) - Who’s watching?

The Poulter episode was awful. Him talking about not getting a paycheck after missing a cut after his career is so freaking weird, and them playing the sad music to accommodate. Dude is worth way too much money for that.

I think this is an aspect of the tour that probably needs a rethink. The tour could easily provide a small check for players who don't make the cut to cover for expenses etc. The tournaments have the ability to get a sponsor to pick up the tab. Poulter is only voicing the concerns of bottom rung players who could really use the check.

Just my 0.02 ...

I think this is an aspect of the tour that probably needs a rethink. The tour could easily provide a small check for players who don't make the cut to cover for expenses etc. The tournaments have the ability to get a sponsor to pick up the tab. Poulter is only voicing the concerns of bottom rung players who could really use the check.

Just my 0.02 ...
I completely agree that getting into a tournament should pay both caddie and player. No question in my mind that should happen long before the winner gets a bigger payout etc.

It just came off strange that Poulter was reflecting on it for himself, not for others. Dude is doing just fine even without the LIV deal.

The Poulter episode was awful. Him talking about not getting a paycheck after missing a cut after his career is so freaking weird, and them playing the sad music to accommodate. Dude is worth way too much money for that.

The Finau episode was excellent. It's great to hear him tell his story, and showcase his success alongside his distractions. Very cool.

100% Agreed on the Poulter Episode. My wife was asking me if he was 'famous' and I saw he had almost 30 million in career earnings on the PGA tour, and similar amounts over in Europe. He isn't hurting AT ALL.

100% Agreed on the Poulter Episode. My wife was asking me if he was 'famous' and I saw he had almost 30 million in career earnings on the PGA tour, and similar amounts over in Europe. He isn't hurting AT ALL.
I thought the insight on the way he dressed was interesting, and the challenges of being an elder statesman of the Tour was a fun angle, but it was all lost with the talk about not making a paycheck. It felt like padding the LIV decision which honestly, who cares.

Give me 45 minutes of Rickie talking about a career that hasn't quite been and potentially still could be instead, please.

I have worked through 3 episodes so far. The contrast between fading Koepka and rising Scheffler was the most interesting so far.
I think I saw a quote from Scheffler saying they didn't have much interest in him for the show until he started winning hahaha

The Brooks stuff was far too groomed and prepped, too much what if and what isn't, too much of him trying to justify his presence over the last couple years, and then of course Jenna getting every opportunity to skimp out. It was just... awkward.

I think I saw a quote from Scheffler saying they didn't have much interest in him for the show until he started winning hahaha

The Brooks stuff was far too groomed and prepped, too much what if and what isn't, too much of him trying to justify his presence over the last couple years, and then of course Jenna getting every opportunity to skimp out. It was just... awkward.

It was definitely a stark contrast with Jordan and Brooks. My wife went to high school with Jordan's wife, and they have been super private, she wasn't shown at all. Meanwhile, Jenna was all over the camera haha

Awkward is a good way to describe everything portrayed in the Brooks world. I'm with you. It was kind of uncomfortable to watch.

It was definitely a stark contrast with Jordan and Brooks. My wife went to high school with Jordan's wife, and they have been super private, she wasn't shown at all. Meanwhile, Jenna was all over the camera haha
I had a good laugh when they went from the BK and Jenna lifestyle to Scottie and wife out for a coffee hahaha... It was quite the difference.

I had a good laugh when they went from the BK and Jenna lifestyle to Scottie and wife out for a coffee hahaha... It was quite the difference.

I did find that interesting - They are probably living in a condo or apartment in the Uptown / M Streets area in Dallas (still really nice), but now that he has won some tournaments, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in a neighborhood like Jordan did - He has won a lifechanging amount of money in a short period of time

Awkward is a good way to describe everything portrayed in the Brooks world. I'm with you. It was kind of uncomfortable to watch.
I've never been much of a BK fan because of the way he presented himself as being above/beyond golf, whether intentional or not - so I was really hoping to get a deeper dive on him to better understand it. I didn't get what I was looking for, but also, wasn't left wanting more either haha

I've never been much of a BK fan because of the way he presented himself as being above/beyond golf, whether intentional or not - so I was really hoping to get a deeper dive on him to better understand it. I didn't get what I was looking for, but also, wasn't left wanting more either haha

I stand by my previous comment about Koepka and agree related to him. At minimum, I appreciate the access we are getting to players and learning more about the PGA Tour, LIV, and professional golf as a whole. Ultimately, Netflix’s issue will be finding the player or combinations of players that can be great on camera and give us even more insight to keep us coming back.

I totally disagree with you . So if your super successful and work really hard you should not get paid because you have made so much money? No one pays s to see any of us work. Players and caddies should be compensated if they make the main field but do not make the cut for the weekend. Golf and tennis are the only professional sports where your an independent contractor. Golf and tennis are the only sports where i have heard players quitting there dreams to be pro because they could not afford to continue the grind.

The PGA players will benefit from LIV creation

I totally disagree with you . So if your super successful and work really hard you should not get paid because you have made so much money? No one pays s to see any of us work. Players and caddies should be compensated if they make the main field but do not make the cut for the weekend. Golf and tennis are the only professional sports where your an independent contractor. Golf and tennis are the only sports where i have heard players quitting there dreams to be pro because they could not afford to continue the grind.

The PGA players will benefit from LIV creation

The bolded is definitely not accurate. Happens in baseball all the time. Minor Leaguers make basically nothing.

I don't disagree that players and caddies should be compensated for showing up, but someone who has won over $60 million is not hurting.

Saw the first episode yesterday and I loved it. Looking forward to more.

Agreed. Don't need to see anymore of Bruce

The bolded is definitely not accurate. Happens in baseball all the time. Minor Leaguers make basically nothing.

I don't disagree that players and caddies should be compensated for showing up, but someone who has won over $60 million is not hurting.
Not agreeing or disagreeing with either side here, but comparing PGA Tour players to minor leaguers is apples and oranges. There are over 1,000 MLB players and the minimum salary is $750,000. The #100 golfer in the world made half that, and people in the top 200 who make less than most people I know.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with either side here, but comparing PGA Tour players to minor leaguers is apples and oranges. There are over 1,000 MLB players and the minimum salary is $750,000. The #100 golfer in the world made half that, and people in the top 200 who make less than most people I know.

MLB and MILB are ENTIRELY different.

Salary Ranges for Minor League Baseball Players
The salaries of Minor League Baseball Players in the US range from $19,910 to $187,200 , with a median salary of $44,680 . The middle 50% of Minor League Baseball Players makes $28,400, with the top 75% making $187,200.

Ignore me. I was looking at the 2023 money list which is obviously only a few months in. I'm guessing each player made at least a few $100k at the bottom of the list but I can't find that info.

MLB and MILB are ENTIRELY different.

Salary Ranges for Minor League Baseball Players
The salaries of Minor League Baseball Players in the US range from $19,910 to $187,200 , with a median salary of $44,680 . The middle 50% of Minor League Baseball Players makes $28,400, with the top 75% making $187,200.
I understand that. That's why it would be fair to compare Korn Ferry players or something with MILB, not PGA Tour card players with MILB players.

I understand that. That's why it would be fair to compare Korn Ferry players or something with MILB, not PGA Tour card players with MILB players.

This is the quote I was referring to: Golf and tennis are the only sports where i have heard players quitting there dreams to be pro because they could not afford to continue the grind.

When we talk about people quitting the 'grind' to me you cannot differentiate between MLB and MILB. Regardless, this is comparing apples to oranges when looking at baseball versus golf due to the team dynamic, ownership, etc.

This is the quote I was referring to: Golf and tennis are the only sports where i have heard players quitting there dreams to be pro because they could not afford to continue the grind.

When we talk about people quitting the 'grind' to me you cannot differentiate between MLB and MILB. Regardless, this is comparing apples to oranges when looking at baseball versus golf due to the team dynamic, ownership, etc.
I was just thinking about how once you make the pros you are guaranteed money. I know MILB isn't fair either and have watched several friends' baseball dreams fizzle out once they ran out of money. This doesn't apply to most minor leaguers but the really good players generally at least receive a pretty hefty signing bonus. I'm not sure if golf works like that at all. ANYWAYS, I guess I agree with both of you. Didn't mean to derail the conversation!

Just my 0.02 ...

100% agree 👍🏼

Spoiler alert

Most people have already heard about this but Rory’s nasty shot at Phil was incredibly irritating. That guy is difficult to root for imo, no matter how good he is.

Spoiler alert

Most people have already heard about this but Rory’s nasty shot at Phil was incredibly irritating. That guy is difficult to root for imo, no matter how good he is.
different strokes, I thought it was great. Its a documentary and that was about as real as it gets.

Back