Full Swing (Netflix) - Who’s watching?

It’s…. ok. The series has its moments but I think i prefer just watching these guys play golf and give an occasional interview.
It was really disjointed. There were good moments. It would be nice for it to be chronologically.

It was really disjointed. There were good moments. It would be nice for it to be chronologically.
I enjoyed it but was expecting it to be better

I enjoyed it but was expecting it to be better
There was a big jump from season 1 of Drive to survive to season 2 if I remember right. Hopefully they are figuring it out.

I enjoyed it for what it was. A look behind the scenes of several different storylines from the season. Able to see some folks that don't always get the limelight (Joel) and a look at a couple of the rookies who you may not get to know otherwise.

I’m binging it now… I hope White Claw sponsors Joel Dahmen after this.

So I did finish this earlier in the week.

enjoyed it for the most part. I didn’t like how they would show clips of certain parts of the tournament with graphics about score and what not while having commentating about different scenarios or timeframes in said tournament.

also, chronologically orderedwould be better.

finished it last night. kinda lame if i’m being honest.

Watched the first episode but they couldn’t resist whining about the LIV Tour so I’m done with it.

Wrapped this up yesterday and read through here. Seems most feel pretty similar. The series was a win and season 2 should be even better. The only guy who really took a step back at all for me was DJ. He was a meh guy for me before and didn't do anything to change my mind. Finau took a big jump up for me. I wasn't really aware of his story and loved what I saw with him and his family

Finished it an absolutely enjoyed it.

I think it was a good balance of golf and personal life and even drew my wife in, who is not into golf really at all

Brandel Chamblee is a tool bag, as are most of the golf media on this show. Dan Rapaport I’m looking at you too..

97EBD102-FD86-4DCA-84BD-A8A97FB7590E.gif

Watched the first episode but they couldn’t resist whining about the LIV Tour so I’m done with it.
They paint LIV quite fairly IMO. The very next episode with Koepka is where it starts. You can’t blame the producers for showing how JT & Spieth feel.

So after watching almost all of this I have to say I am disappointed in the editing decisions. I don't like how they've constructed the serie and episodes. For F1's Drive to Survive they go venue to venue and tell the driver/team stories within the races and travels. This is just showing us rich guys flying on private jets playing golf. They completely blew the PGA Championship footage/drama they had splitting it up into several episodes. I get what they were trying to do which is tell stories about each of the golfers but it's just flat. Think about how good of an episode they could have had for that one tournament alone. Another miss would be the Masters. You can show everyone showing up and wanting to do well and those winning or doing well and those missing the cut and being disappointed. You wouldn't need to shove the notion that there is a cut every 10 seconds. Drive to Survive is the model and they strayed too far away from that. This and the structure of Breaking point in tennis just aren't nearly as good or watchable.

I loved the series because it's the first time we have really seen behind the scenes things.

For those of you who were left wanting more...what did you want? I'm curious to what you wanted to see.

I would have liked them to say Cut Line more.

Even my wife brought that up - She asked me how many times they needed to explain what a 'cut' was, and she knows NOTHING about golf.

I loved the series because it's the first time we have really seen behind the scenes things.

For those of you who were left wanting more...what did you want? I'm curious to what you wanted to see.
An episode on Max(I'm sure thats coming next season) and I also imagine material on Cam hit the cutting room floor.

Hmm, I'm not anti-LIV and didn't notice too much. My fiancée was more understanding of Brooks, DJs, and Poulter's decisions (especially Poulter) if anything. Not sure they really painted any of those guys as super likeable but I don't think any of them were super likeable before LIV either.

I still have one episode to go. For someone like me who really doesn't know much about golfers outside of seeing them on TV (don't watch all the tournaments), I have a few guys I'm pulling for that I didn't really care about before (Joal Dahmen, Mito Perera).

Watching the theegala episode now. I really like that dude.

Season 2 has been confirmed to already be in production by Netflix. Focus is going to be Ryder Cup apparently

Back