Fun With Data: What would you pick?

Man I wish I had a launch monitor. I'd be on the thing nonstop.

Guess so...
Short version. With the XS, spin is around 6000-6200 with same ball speed, carry in low 170’s. That was collected cold.

Is it still a little low? Sure. Is the loft strong? Yup. Is that part of why the numbers are comparable to a 6i/7i blend? Part of it sure.

Does it play on course? Yup. They play well on course, I’m also not swinging them all out on the course, nor off a mat.

Did I try and capture data that would bend minds? Sure did.

Also, I hit a 5i quite well....and a 4i too.

Short version. With the XS, spin is around 6000-6200 with same ball speed, carry in low 170’s. That was collected cold.

Is it still a little low? Sure. Is the loft strong? Yup. Is that part of why the numbers are comparable to a 6i/7i blend? Part of it sure.

Does it play on course? Yup. They play well on course, I’m also not swinging them all out on the course, nor off a mat.

Did I try and capture data that would bend minds? Sure did.

Also, I hit a 5i quite well....and a 4i too.

What loft if you don't mind me asking. Want to compare them to my T200 6i. :p

Like @M2Giles said, your 8i numbers are closer to my 6i numbers. Pretty close actually across the board except for spin and land angle. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
I pulled up my 6i fitting data for S&G

Ball speed 117
Launch 17.7
Spin 5745
🤨

Haha,

Well I was half way right.. more spin touch lower launch... spin number are way Better!
Yeah, launch is all on me right now, I’m battling some things.

Way better. I was messing around earlier when the idea for this hit me.

This is part of why I play balls that are higher compression, of course speed wise they’re good for me.

Did I try and capture data that would bend minds? S

well, again as a fitter. There are a couple roads I would try to take you down. I don’t care much about stated lofts.. big whoop.

I care more about iron design. I would suggest trying something with a higher vertical center of gravity. I dare say something blade like.

Those forged tec irons as amazing as they are in my mind for your specific swing doing a few disservices.

I get this is for fun. But, in that fun I am thinking what I would do to makes this as playable as possible.

well, again as a fitter. There are a couple roads I would try to take you down. I don’t care much about stated lofts.. big whoop. I care more about iron design. I would suggest trying something with a higher vertical center of gravity.

I get this is for fun. But, in that fun I am thinking what I would do to makes this as playable as possible.
Haha. This is also why traditionally I’m at my best with....smaller profile irons. But from time to time it’s fun to play distance monsters too.

I pulled up my 6i fitting data for S&G

Ball speed 117
Launch 17.7
Spin 5745
🤨

Haha,

Same here just to compare and dayum. I aligned up to the ball speed as the alignment marker nad it puts me more in my 7i for ball speed. If I matched to distance, it would be 6i.

1586391172205.png

Haha. This is also why traditionally I’m at my best with....smaller profile irons. But from time to time it’s fun to play distance monsters too.

Makes complete sense now. :oops:

See my edit. Which I did do before I saw this. Haha. Glad to know I am not completely stupid.

Bungo

So are you saying you’re hitting different balls?

I guess these are 7-irons.

I would go with #3. the ballspeeds seemed to be super consistent.

Even for a “game improvement/bomber” iron I’m still super impressed. I don’t know/understand a lot of what’s going on like some data guys here, but it’s cool to learn a little. BTW you’re hitting that 8 iron like I would hit my 5 iron. Thanks for this thread Jman, it was cool and I learned a bit.

Iron 2?
For my uninformed mind, I like the combination of speed/launch/spin/distance/descent angle most I think.

Really looking forward to hearing what you would pick Jman, and thought process on it if you wouldn't mind.

I’m curious what the BXSwill do for iron #2??

Iron #5 with the BXS was silly. But do you really want an almost 180yrd 8i?

I’m curious what the BXSwill do for iron #2??

Iron #5 with the BXS was silly. But do you really want an almost 180yrd 8i?
If I can move tomorrow, which with as many swings as I took today is highly unlikely hahaha, I’ll see.

For those reading at home....

1) Miura CB 1008 8i w/ Elevate X100
2) KZG tri Tour 8i w/ KBS Tour
3) Callaway Apex Pro 8i w/ Elevate X100
4) New Level 902 Forged 8i w/ Elevate X100
5) Cobra Forged Tec 8i w/ Recoil 110 F5

Ball used on screen caps was RX, in order to get you all lower spin numbers to make it even more confusing. :p(y)

it’s either a PW or not a full swing 9 iron.

x 2...i'm leaning toward #3 but whichever felt the best would be my pick.

Wow you are low spin. Maybe I need to try the RX and RXS if they cut that much spin for you.....

If I can move tomorrow, which with as many swings as I took today is highly unlikely hahaha, I’ll see.

For those reading at home....

1) Miura CB 1008 8i w/ Elevate X100
2) KZG tri Tour 8i w/ KBS Tour
3) Callaway Apex Pro 8i w/ Elevate X100
4) New Level 902 Forged 8i w/ Elevate X100
5) Cobra Forged Tec 8i w/ Recoil 110 F5

Ball used on screen caps was RX, in order to get you all lower spin numbers to make it even more confusing. :p(y)

i liked the apex in the beginning and I stick with that choice!!

I guess these are 7-irons.

I would go with #3. the ballspeeds seemed to be super consistent.
Pfft... pay attention man! 😉

Back