May have to check into this I don't drink coffee never have just don't like it. I use to have a coke every morning but gave that up but like you started down the energy drink rabbit hole and know they are not good for you try to limit those to only a couple a week.

I think that I found this after seeing Winchell post something about it and I got tubs of blood orange, kiwi strawberry, and green apple. I usually drink a 16oz shaker on the way to work (7-10 minute drive). It does settle pretty quickly, but just give it a shake or a swirl and it's all good. Rainbow sherbet sounds intriguing.

Tried Rainbow Sherbet today. Decent flavor, but seemed to be more chalky than some of the others both while drinking, and a bit of dry tongue afterwards.

Still no bad aftertaste at all from any of the flavors I've tried.

Two flavors to talk about.

Yesterday was strawberry shortcake. Kind of wild. It reminded me a lot of the smell of strawberry mini wheats (which is a good thing in my books haha). Similar to the rainbow sherbet, a bit chalkier than some of the others.

Today was fruit punch. Super clean, sharp flavor - Probably the most flavor of all of them so far even at a half serving. Not a huge fan of fruit punch overall which is probably the weakest part of it for me, but I could probably drink it once a week and be good with it.

Bring some of that stuff down for me to try : )

Based on the nutrition label it's a prop blend of various vitamins and amino acids and 150mg caffeine (essentially it's a multivitamin with 1.5 cup of coffee basically). Not sure if they did any clinical research or have quality control of the production so I wouldn't use it, but for energy I have used simply bcaa from a sports nutrition like Optimum and have maintained energy through the day

When I did hardcore lifting+dieting at an good calorie deficit, I relied on bcaa for energy and to keep fueling muscles.

Plus there's a lot more research and studies out there on bcaas.. I would fear that gfuel, which likely hasn't been researched or studied, could have a negative impact down the road.

Plus drinking 8 serving a day, a tub would only last 1 week?

c128bad780f498c6453a1fa65e85acc5.jpg
I've got two tubs that I picked up recently. They suggest no more than 3 seconds per day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Two flavors to talk about.

Yesterday was strawberry shortcake. Kind of wild. It reminded me a lot of the smell of strawberry mini wheats (which is a good thing in my books haha). Similar to the rainbow sherbet, a bit chalkier than some of the others.

Today was fruit punch. Super clean, sharp flavor - Probably the most flavor of all of them so far even at a half serving. Not a huge fan of fruit punch overall which is probably the weakest part of it for me, but I could probably drink it once a week and be good with it.
I picked up 2 tubs when I saw you post about them on Instagram. I found a 25% off coupon so I figured why not. They do get you for shopping, which purchasing in Amazon they wouldn't, but the 25% off more than covered for the shipping costs. I agree leaving them in the water and letting them settle is a mistake. That chalky, weird flavor isn't so good. Much better when first mixed.

My only concern is the label on the tub of the chemicals causing numerous health issues.... Which I'm sure is also the case in energy drinks as well (I don't drink energy drinks themselves really, but I have been mixing the ON Amino Acid powder in 20oz of water in the morning and then drinking it throughout the day which didn't suffer taste wise, even if I didn't drink it right away, which I like.) So that warning was a little surprising when I recurved them as they don't show it on the website from what I remember.

I usually drink these to get me to keep drinking more water throughout the day... So the settling and bad taste is something I've got figure out if I'm going to stick with the G Fuel.

IMG_20190112_134413.jpeg
c2b235c52bc87369b6a60a3a0ba08967.jpg
389d5ea061a044e09473dc01cb3c4a53.jpg

I have looked at it a couple of times but i drink Amino Vital Focus Zone when i play most days...

I drink it when I play games at night. I recommend fazeberry, blackberry and the golden apple pear.

It tastes like a better koolaid, with no suger.

If you can wait for specials, they usually have BOGO during holidays.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice, D!

I'll be curious to hear which you like better.
They also sent me a sample pack of 5 flavors. Tried the tropical rain today and it was tasty!

To each his own - but do you ENJOY it? I mean, coffee in the morning for me is a great start to my day because not only does it wake me up, but it’s warm, delicious, and comforting. I can’t see an energy drink filling that space. Then again, I know people who drink Mountain Dew in the morning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To each his own - but do you ENJOY it? I mean, coffee in the morning for me is a great start to my day because not only does it wake me up, but it’s warm, delicious, and comforting. I can’t see an energy drink filling that space. Then again, I know people who drink Mountain Dew in the morning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally don't like coffee, not even the smell. So this or anything more than just bland water really appreciate to me. I even add ice.

I am three days into this experiment and I have experienced some things I didn’t expect.
Day 1 I tried the fruit punch, the entire packet mixed in the GFUEL tumbler. The flavor was on point. A bit sweeter than Mio fruit punch but still a good flavor. I think it’s safe to say it’s taste like G4 fruit punch (preworkout powder)
It didn’t take long for the energy to kick in. It’s noticeable and very sudden. Not jittery but a sudden boost. Productivity was on point, as I cleaned my morning check list. Energy from the single packet last into the early afternoon. I consumed a great deal of water during this time which isn’t common.
As the boost wore off, it was replaced with a mild headache. I wasn’t sure if it was due to the gfuel or just my environment. Well I had a head ache the next day as well. I’ll have to keep and eye on this because it’s not something I think I want to deal with on the regular.
I’ve tried fruit punch, fazzleberry and I am pleased to say, I like it a lot!! Today I opened the golden pear and I have to say it’s not my favorite and I am being polite.

Goes to show you people have different tastes. I loved golden apple pear. There are so many flavors anyone should be able to find flavors they enjoy.

Tried Strawberry Shortcake last night, not a fan, a little too sweet. Also tried rainbow sherbet, was pretty decent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I picked up 2 tubs when I saw you post about them on Instagram. I found a 25% off coupon so I figured why not. They do get you for shopping, which purchasing in Amazon they wouldn't, but the 25% off more than covered for the shipping costs. I agree leaving them in the water and letting them settle is a mistake. That chalky, weird flavor isn't so good. Much better when first mixed.

My only concern is the label on the tub of the chemicals causing numerous health issues.... Which I'm sure is also the case in energy drinks as well (I don't drink energy drinks themselves really, but I have been mixing the ON Amino Acid powder in 20oz of water in the morning and then drinking it throughout the day which didn't suffer taste wise, even if I didn't drink it right away, which I like.) So that warning was a little surprising when I recurved them as they don't show it on the website from what I remember.

I usually drink these to get me to keep drinking more water throughout the day... So the settling and bad taste is something I've got figure out if I'm going to stick with the G Fuel.

View attachment 37067
c2b235c52bc87369b6a60a3a0ba08967.jpg
389d5ea061a044e09473dc01cb3c4a53.jpg

I have used Amino Energy for years. I workout out pretty early and drink it on the way to the gym. It does give me a wake up at 4:30am. I still drink coffee too. Have had no bad effects and taste good in a variety of flavors.Never thought about it for golf. I just drink water on the course.

I have used Amino Energy for years. I workout out pretty early and drink it on the way to the gym. It does give me a wake up at 4:30am. I still drink coffee too. Have had no bad effects and taste good in a variety of flavors.Never thought about it for golf. I just drink water on the course.
Yeah the aminos I've just been drinking a serving in the morning and then a serving if I go to the gym. The morning one would be enough to get me to drink water and be hydrated and I fill the bottle up multiple times throughout the day and the flavor remains, although a bit diluted.

With the g fuel I was hoping hoping to replace the aminos I've been using and save those for before and after workouts.

Kiwi strawberry today. Exactly what I expected to be. Could easily drink it every day.

In terms of the chalky profile I'm getting out of some of them, I've noticed that when i consume any kind of food at the same time (i like soft oatmeal bars in the AM), the even slight presence of chalky goes away. It's really only when I'm on a totally blank palette that it seems present (in most).

Yeah the aminos I've just been drinking a serving in the morning and then a serving if I go to the gym. The morning one would be enough to get me to drink water and be hydrated and I fill the bottle up multiple times throughout the day and the flavor remains, although a bit diluted.

With the g fuel I was hoping hoping to replace the aminos I've been using and save those for before and after workouts.

Understood. I find I only use once then pound water all day. Once I drink my 20 ounces of french roast coffee from my RTIC cup I clean it and drink at least another three cups or 60 ounces of water. Yes I have worn out the carpet heading to the bathroom, but it keeps me pretty lean with the workouts and spin classes at 61.

Those are some of the worst cons I've ever read.

drink to drink it's actually cheaper than energy drinks.
you can buy on amazon with prime for two day delivery.
Of freaking course you shouldn't give energy drinks to kids.

Looks like a big win for G Fuel there.

I had rainbow sherbet today and it was quite nice. Haven’t had that chalky thing happen to me. I’ve found that one packet is best used in two bottles of water or two double walled tumblers. I’ve enjoyed one in the am and another after lunch.

Back