Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

I only watched a few episodes of this series (that I enjoyed), but having watched the final episode last night, I’m bloody glad I didn’t invest 8 or so years of my life into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the story arcs were rushed, but each arch would have ended in the same place. That is where it feels rushed, to me anyways. I liked the ending and I appreciated the less than serious end to the series.

Again, when sitting back and realizing that the series is about a big magic wall keeping zombies and hairy people away from incestuous asssholes who just want to sit on a chair even though it seems to go poorly for EVERY PERSON WHO SITS ON THE CHAIR, while a pretty blond orphan hatches some dragons after her arranged marriage goes to hell because her husband was too prideful while every other military leader in the show continuously makes awful military decisions and most victories feel accidental...also lots of bewbs and enough dues ex machina to make Tolkien's eagles jealous....I think it could have gone much worse.

George RR Martin is going to make a trillion dollars if/when he writes his version of the conclusion in Winds of Winter. But his window is closing FAST.

dc0503be4b1b6307f32ac4d63f08864f.jpg
479d4e2cc75f4752c0c52e9feacde84f.jpg

Saw this happen on Sunday.

Henry Winkler won the Game of Thrones. Because we can now retire "Jumping the Shark" as the worst detour in TV history.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I thought the story arcs were rushed, but each arch would have ended in the same place. That is where it feels rushed, to me anyways. I liked the ending and I appreciated the less than serious end to the series.

Again, when sitting back and realizing that the series is about a big magic wall keeping zombies and hairy people away from incestuous asssholes who just want to sit on a chair even though it seems to go poorly for EVERY PERSON WHO SITS ON THE CHAIR, while a pretty blond orphan hatches some dragons after her arranged marriage goes to hell because her husband was too prideful while every other military leader in the show continuously makes awful military decisions and most victories feel accidental...also lots of bewbs and enough dues ex machina to make Tolkien's eagles jealous....I think it could have gone much worse.

for what we got I am happy, but i feel like they could have done better even with the limited episodes they were working with.

Think about this, you end S7 with the Long Night Battle and it ends right before Arya does her thing. You get the year and half time they took to bring us S8 as people thinking "what will happen" and gives the perception that the war is going on longer than it was. You start S8 ending the Long Night and you have 5 solid episodes to get the character arcs more believable and use Bran more effectively. My only gripe is if Bran was the end game, why not give us some "Three Eye Raven" visions to help his character develop.

for what we got I am happy, but i feel like they could have done better even with the limited episodes they were working with.

Think about this, you end S7 with the Long Night Battle and it ends right before Arya does her thing. You get the year and half time they took to bring us S8 as people thinking "what will happen" and gives the perception that the war is going on longer than it was. You start S8 ending the Long Night and you have 5 solid episodes to get the character arcs more believable and use Bran more effectively. My only gripe is if Bran was the end game, why not give us some "Three Eye Raven" visions to help his character develop.
Hindsight is 20/20.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I agree, but I think the show runners should have seen this coming knowing they were out of book material and had limited time to button it all up. I guess i expected more given the first 5 seasons.

Seasons 7&8
"I'm not Bran. I'm the three-eyed raven"

Final scene, final episode final season
"We want Bran to be king."

"I'm Bran."

I think the writers knew they had **** so they decided to spare the main characters. I’d rather them have all been killed.

I defended this season nonstop, until now. This was a **** ending for a legendary show. And that is sad.

Seasons 7&8
"I'm not Bran. I'm the three-eyed raven"

Final scene, final episode final season
"We want Bran to be king."

"I'm Bran."

He’s like the free agent that kept saying “I’m out” only to sign the max deal and be “all in” lol

I don't know if I have to go on record with this, the whole "worg" and "three-eyed Raven" and "greensight" stuff was silly and awful and silly-awful.

This one hits home so hard.

64e45f29d7aa214a2417b4da9dfc51ae.jpg

My Top 10 GOT Characters (Stars and/or Co-Stars)

10. Wun Wun - Jon Snow was a better warrior with Wun Wun by his side. Big reason Battle of the Bastards was won. Every screen shot he was in was just awesome and he never had to say a word. May have had one of the better deaths in the entire show.

9. Night King - Another character where no words were needed. Maybe the most fascinating character where I was always wanting more. Never thought in a million years that I would be rooting for the NK to win out in the end (short lived).

8. Tywin - Favorite of the Lannisters (including Jamie). Just reeked of excellence and cockiness and enjoyed every minute of it. Things may have been different if not for that fate filled night on the toilet. Dance was awesome as Tywin. Very underrated character.

7. Bronn - Enjoyed him the most when with Tyrion. Comic relief and sword for hire. Great character that got some of the main characters out of a lot of jams. Witty and clever and played a big role in how characters got to the end. Needed more Bronn in last season though.

6. Jaqen H'ghar - Wanted to see him show up at the end. Great Arya storyline and training. Never knew what he would do next. Never predictable. Never boring. Made Arya a BadA&# in the end.

5. The Hound - A slow burn he was (no pun intended). Villain turned Loner turned Guardian turned Hero. It was a nice payoff in the end.

4. Davos - Everyone needs a Davos on their side. Had a crazy journey getting to Jon Snow and was just an enjoyable character in the game. The voice of reason we all needed.

3. Ramsey - I knew I was hooked to the show when Ramsey appeared. Ramsey made me laugh, cringe, look away, pause and in the end want him to die more than any other character. Ramsey was the turning point for me in the game.

2. Tormund - Giant's Milk. The rest was just gravy.

1. Tyrion - Favorite character hands down till about half way through his Daenerys adventures where he lost his mojo. Still was enough for me to grab the 1 seed. Perseverance and knowledge was the name of the game and he excelled at both. "Did you bring me any wine"

Enjoyed the heck out of the show no matter the ending. Been a fun ride.

10. Wun Wun - Jon Snow was a better warrior with Wun Wun by his side. Big reason Battle of the Bastards was won. Every screen shot he was in was just awesome and he never had to say a word. May have had one of the better deaths in the entire show.

9. Night King - Another character where no words were needed. Maybe the most fascinating character where I was always wanting more. Never thought in a million years that I would be rooting for the NK to win out in the end (short lived).

8. Tywin - Favorite of the Lannisters (including Jamie). Just reeked of excellence and cockiness and enjoyed every minute of it. Things may have been different if not for that fate filled night on the toilet. Dance was awesome as Tywin. Very underrated character.

7. Bronn - Enjoyed him the most when with Tyrion. Comic relief and sword for hire. Great character that got some of the main characters out of a lot of jams. Witty and clever and played a big role in how characters got to the end. Needed more Bronn in last season though.

6. Jaqen H'ghar - Wanted to see him show up at the end. Great Arya storyline and training. Never knew what he would do next. Never predictable. Never boring. Made Arya a BadA&# in the end.

5. The Hound - A slow burn he was (no pun intended). Villain turned Loner turned Guardian turned Hero. It was a nice payoff in the end.

4. Davos - Everyone needs a Davos on their side. Had a crazy journey getting to Jon Snow and was just an enjoyable character in the game. The voice of reason we all needed.

3. Ramsey - I knew I was hooked to the show when Ramsey appeared. Ramsey made me laugh, cringe, look away, pause and in the end want him to die more than any other character. Ramsey was the turning point for me in the game.

1. Tyrion - Favorite character hands down till about half way through his Daenerys adventures where he lost his mojo. Still was enough for me to grab the 1 seed. Perseverance and knowledge was the name of the game and he excelled at both. "Did you bring me any wine"

Noice!

We agree on wun wun, way underrated!

I'll throw in Dolorous Edd and Yoren of the watch... Yoren was a serious badass that only made it 2 seasons, but was quotes galore.

I like this list but the omission of Jamie is criminal... The King Slayer was my favorite character in the whole show...

Just finished the finale. Gotta say, I didn't hate it.

Funny moments, serious moments, storylines brought to a close. I enjoyed it.
It wasn't the end I had thought was coming, and maybe that was good.
Really liked that they closed the Jaime and Cersei part of the series..... I had thought they might have made a last second escape.
Bran came out of nowhere, Sansa was still power hungry lol. Arya just wanted to not be in the 7 kingdoms.

Fitting that Jon heads north of the wall again, where he was truly free (if you read the books you get it). In the end, you knew nothing Jon Snow. (Man I miss Ygritte)

Bronn got PAID!!!! LOL

I think the writers knew they had **** so they decided to spare the main characters. I’d rather them have all been killed.

I defended this season nonstop, until now. This was a **** ending for a legendary show. And that is sad.

Im with you, this season was rushed and it was not good. I am fine with the ending, I am not fine with how they got there. Rushed, and the worst ending to a great show. The entire Cast & Crew of LOST gave each other High fives after watching that ending, as they wont be remembered as the worst TV show ending anymore.

I'm not angry, I'm just, disappointed...

I agree. Should have been about episodes long. I feel they just wanted to get it finished as fast as possible.

Not a great season, I still really liked episode 2 though.

I agree. Should have been about episodes long. I feel they just wanted to get it finished as fast as possible.

Not a great season, I still really liked episode 2 though.

I liked a lot of the season, I just think they just cut away from important scenes and drug out some of the not needed scenes. I mean, why not let us see Snow being taken captive by the Unsullied? I mean, we got to see the Dothraki cheering for a solid 4 or 5 minutes, but we cant see Snow being taken captive?

Also, no mention as to where the eff Bran was during the battle vs the Whitewalkers? No more mention ever of the Faceless Men? Snow actually being a Targaryen had ZERO IMPACT on the storyline AT ALL.

Just finished the finale. Gotta say, I didn't hate it.

Funny moments, serious moments, storylines brought to a close. I enjoyed it.
It wasn't the end I had thought was coming, and maybe that was good.
Really liked that they closed the Jaime and Cersei part of the series..... I had thought they might have made a last second escape.
Bran came out of nowhere, Sansa was still power hungry lol. Arya just wanted to not be in the 7 kingdoms.

Fitting that Jon heads north of the wall again, where he was truly free (if you read the books you get it). In the end, you knew nothing Jon Snow. (Man I miss Ygritte)

Bronn got PAID!!!! LOL

Same here. IMO it’s just a show. I’m ok with it. Kind of enjoyed it. Left just enough open for all kinds of spin off speculation. We shall see!

Same here. IMO it’s just a show. I’m ok with it. Kind of enjoyed it. Left just enough open for all kinds of spin off speculation. We shall see!

Supposedly there are 3 spinoffs that are currently in the works. One being a history of Westeros. The other two rumored to be "The North" about Sansa/John in the north, and the other being "The West" with Arya and her travels.

Snow actually being a Targaryen had ZERO IMPACT on the storyline AT ALL.

That might be the #1 worst part about all of this. Such an insanely pivotal point, and ended up being absolutely useless. Literally nothing changes if he stays Jon snow.

That might be the #1 worst part about all of this. Such an insanely pivotal point, and ended up being absolutely useless. Literally nothing changes if he stays Jon snow.

Exactly. It was a huge reveal only to mean jack squat.

I think George R R gave them a blah ending to increase his boom sales after it’s all said and done.

Back