Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

I think George R R gave them a blah ending to increase his boom sales after it’s all said and done.

Same.

Because IF he were to finish now, he could take his story back and “right the wrongs” done to it.

Hell. I’m going to start reading them.

Same.

Because IF he were to finish now, he could take his story back and “right the wrongs” done to it.

Me too!

I’ve been reading his early stuff that Macest sent me. It’s amazing and makes you understand his twists and turns a lot better.

Same.

The books were really good. I’ve only made it through season 1 of the show, so can’t really compare much. Have read all the books and worth the read for sure though.

19.3 million viewers...crazy

I like this list but the omission of Jamie is criminal... The King Slayer was my favorite character in the whole show...

It was a ponder, but he was pointless the last few seasons. Couldn’t have 3 Lannister’s in my top 10 so Dad win the spot for being Mr. Cool.

My Top 10 GOT Characters (Stars and/or Co-Stars)

10. Wun Wun - Jon Snow was a better warrior with Wun Wun by his side. Big reason Battle of the Bastards was won. Every screen shot he was in was just awesome and he never had to say a word. May have had one of the better deaths in the entire show.

9. Night King - Another character where no words were needed. Maybe the most fascinating character where I was always wanting more. Never thought in a million years that I would be rooting for the NK to win out in the end (short lived).

8. Tywin - Favorite of the Lannisters (including Jamie). Just reeked of excellence and cockiness and enjoyed every minute of it. Things may have been different if not for that fate filled night on the toilet. Dance was awesome as Tywin. Very underrated character.

7. Bronn - Enjoyed him the most when with Tyrion. Comic relief and sword for hire. Great character that got some of the main characters out of a lot of jams. Witty and clever and played a big role in how characters got to the end. Needed more Bronn in last season though.

6. Jaqen H'ghar - Wanted to see him show up at the end. Great Arya storyline and training. Never knew what he would do next. Never predictable. Never boring. Made Arya a BadA&# in the end.

5. The Hound - A slow burn he was (no pun intended). Villain turned Loner turned Guardian turned Hero. It was a nice payoff in the end.

4. Davos - Everyone needs a Davos on their side. Had a crazy journey getting to Jon Snow and was just an enjoyable character in the game. The voice of reason we all needed.

3. Ramsey - I knew I was hooked to the show when Ramsey appeared. Ramsey made me laugh, cringe, look away, pause and in the end want him to die more than any other character. Ramsey was the turning point for me in the game.

2. Tormund - Giant's Milk. The rest was just gravy.

1. Tyrion - Favorite character hands down till about half way through his Daenerys adventures where he lost his mojo. Still was enough for me to grab the 1 seed. Perseverance and knowledge was the name of the game and he excelled at both. "Did you bring me any wine"

Enjoyed the heck out of the show no matter the ending. Been a fun ride.

I like this lineup and pretty similar to some thoughts I had.

For me I drop Davos and Bronn, while both served their purpose, I didnt get the feel their characters were game changers and could be easily removed and not affect the story line at all.

I’d throw in Little Finger and Arya into the mix. Little finger takes Bronn’s spot and I bump Tyrion, Tormund, Ramsey down and out Arya first.

Little Finger had a way of slipping away from trouble at just the right time. He was conniving and manipulative and got what he needed to survive until he made his mistake.

I think Arya had the complete story line and we saw her develop more than any of the others. Plus I think she’s the most dangerous of all the characters who are left.

I like this lineup and pretty similar to some thoughts I had.

For me I drop Davos and Bronn, while both served their purpose, I didnt get the feel their characters were game changers and could be easily removed and not affect the story line at all.

I’d throw in Little Finger and Arya into the mix. Little finger takes Bronn’s spot and I bump Tyrion, Tormund, Ramsey down and out Arya first.

Little Finger had a way of slipping away from trouble at just the right time. He was conniving and manipulative and got what he needed to survive until he made his mistake.

I think Arya had the complete story line and we saw her develop more than any of the others. Plus I think she’s the most dangerous of all the characters who are left.

Arya was the obvious choice of course but I thought the supporting cast around her made her a better character. I’ll leave it at that cause I did like her character.

Supposedly there are 3 spinoffs that are currently in the works. One being a history of Westeros. The other two rumored to be "The North" about Sansa/John in the north, and the other being "The West" with Arya and her travels.

And in one the Dragon brings Danny back to life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was listening to a podcast and they said something that resonated and really is what I’ve been trying to say about S7 & S8

“They played all the notes, they just played them too fast and maybe not in the right order”

This is how I feel. I love the content we were given, I just feel like if it was organized differently it would have left fans feeling better with how it all went down.

Lol
763de726ee87f47d2908c0888f7bc80f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’m disinterested in spinoffs with the way the show ended. If it’s more of that BS I want nothing to do with it.

I’m disinterested in spinoffs with the way the show ended. If it’s more of that BS I want nothing to do with it.

I'm disinterested in spinoffs of characters we have seen. I would be totally on board for spinoffs that introduce all new characters.

Same.

I started the books yesterday

Same.

I always imagined he would let the show play out and then say "well this is how it really happened". Book sales through the roof.

I always imagined he would let the show play out and then say "well this is how it really happened". Book sales through the roof.

I've read all of the books that are out so far and I think, even if this is the ending he goes with, there will at least be a lot more explanation and information as to why things happened the way they did. I haven't had a chance to watch the last episode again but when I do I want to try to see if I could like it if I had more information, if they could have led me to the point where that ending makes sense with more episodes or at least more dialogue.

I've read all of the books that are out so far and I think, even if this is the ending he goes with, there will at least be a lot more explanation and information as to why things happened the way they did. I haven't had a chance to watch the last episode again but when I do I want to try to see if I could like it if I had more information, if they could have led me to the point where that ending makes sense with more episodes or at least more dialogue.

Sometimes the journey is better than the destination. I was really hoping for a final few episodes that would make me want to go back and watch specific parts of the series, continue to discuss on forums etc. Too much Deus ex machina

I would watch an Arya spin off.

I'm disinterested in spinoffs of characters we have seen. I would be totally on board for spinoffs that introduce all new characters.

They are creating a prequel to GoT (taking place centuries before GoT timeline). They have also confirmed there will be zero spinoffs based on current characters.

They are creating a prequel to GoT (taking place centuries before GoT timeline). They have also confirmed there will be zero spinoffs based on current characters.

The Long Night I think? I love the universe that was created by this series and would eat this up if the production holds up to the GoT we got used to. Also looking at reading the books. I started the first, but stopped about halfway through once I realized the first season or two of GoT was extremely close to the book. Will pick it up and finish it soon.

Still have so many unanswered questions that p1ss me off......

I did however see a note on twitter that they were starting to film the prequel in June....

For those of you thinking about reading the books, I've read them several times now and have to say that while the show was somewhat close throughout the early seasons it didn't go nearly as in depth as the books (obviously) and there were definitely some differences. I'm a fan and would encourage anyone who's thinking about it to go ahead and dive in.

The Long Night I think? I love the universe that was created by this series and would eat this up if the production holds up to the GoT we got used to. Also looking at reading the books. I started the first, but stopped about halfway through once I realized the first season or two of GoT was extremely close to the book. Will pick it up and finish it soon.

Sounds like that's what it's going to be about.
The first 3 books for the most part are very similar to the show, after that they start to differ.

I have my doubts that the books will ever be finished now which will be a real disappointment after the way the show ended. Even if D&D stuck to the ending George had given them I'm sure it'll be explained a lot better and actually make sense, and I doubt we'll see stupid crap like Bronn being master of coin.

I heard today that Martin says the books will end completely different than the show. Just what to say if you want to sell some books!

I’ve made peace with the end of GOT, it makes sense from a LOTR perspective.

The Throne = The Ring
Bran = Frodo

The Fellowship voted that Frodo was the only one that could be trusted with the Ring, Bran was the only one who could be trusted with the Throne ... In the LOTR , the Ring and the Throne are separate, in GOT there are one in the same.

Drogon melted the throne like Mt Doom melted the Ring .

I don’t like it bc I wanted Jon to be Aragon, but he is a way bigger pansy than Aragon.

Back