Garage Simulator Crew

This will be fun. I have just a net and mat in a vacant office next door. Someday I want a real simulator at home. The weather is finally cool enough here to take the net home and hot outside.

Thanks! A quick look and it appears to be hockey focused (which is fine as long as it works). Looks like there is something rigid half way up to hang the hockey targets. Will have to see if I can find some more info on it's golf sim use.

I have the "hockey version" with a third party screen that was purchased with the Velcro to attach to the SportScreen bar and the slot at the bottom for the fiberglass bar. There is a SportScreen + simulator screen combo that is warrantied for golf use, but you can save a few hundred bucks doing it the way I did.

I have the "hockey version" with a third party screen that was purchased with the Velcro to attach to the SportScreen bar and the slot at the bottom for the fiberglass bar. There is a SportScreen + simulator screen combo that is warrantied for golf use, but you can save a few hundred bucks doing it the way I did.
And no issues with it rolling up with the screen attached?

And no issues with it rolling up with the screen attached?

Nope works great so far. I have the golf impact screen attached as well as the hockey screen behind it and it holds up just fine. Can't say for certain, but I believe the "don't use for golf" disclaimer on the one SportScreen sells is because the screen can't take a golf ball, not because the hardware isn't up for it.

Here's a pic of my setup:

EF65A796-86A3-4466-9752-3058B5B2B2C5.jpeg

Can I be part of the click if I’m dreaming of putting this in my 70s era AZ sunken living room??

We are beginning work on a campaign that is really cool coming next year. It is all about the DIYer that loves golf technology from launch monitors and simulators to putting greens. Our #GarageSimCrew campaign will be fun, bold and full of some really cool surprises.

If you are into this stuff, whether you currently have a setup or wish you did, keep an eye on this as we have a lot coming.
Saweet!!! I've gotta redo some things this winter - but overall happy with my setup.

Older pic - I've moved the location and upgraded the hitting mat to a Fiberbuilt. Got some things to adjust this winter but overall happy with everything.

CCA4B88C-BC3F-4B0E-8A8E-1F58F15E9A5F.jpeg

Can I be part of the click if I’m dreaming of putting this in my 70s era AZ sunken living room??
Of course. And we have a ton coming and some really cool opps For our 2022 Albatross Club members.

So the only room attached to my house with enough ceiling height @ 12' is my sun room, with 2 walls of windows, and 1 with a sliding glass door... not exactly ideal with my ability to hit balls all over the club face. My next option would be to build on the back side of my garage with small pole barn and finish out the inside.

Wife and I are starting to map out the house buying process and room for a sim is high on the list

We are beginning work on a campaign that is really cool coming next year. It is all about the DIYer that loves golf technology from launch monitors and simulators to putting greens. Our #GarageSimCrew campaign will be fun, bold and full of some really cool surprises.

If you are into this stuff, whether you currently have a setup or wish you did, keep an eye on this as we have a lot coming.

I don’t post a ton anymore, @JB you know why. Im good to go, totally different outlook, but until I can prove it I won’t post much.

I’m stuck between keeping this house (Sim Friendly) and moving to possibly a house that I can’t set up a Sim. So I’m out until I figure out my future living arrangements. Once I do if I can there’ll be a sim. I love to golf but just can’t commit the time to it this year. I personally have given 15%+ of my work county’s Vaccinated doses. So I’ve worked an average of 88 hours a week this year. Just figured it up. no wonder I suck at staying awake?

Wooo¡ I’m salaried but they are paying OT above 40? Ok, thanks! I’d have done the same thing anyways, but it’s a rare year to make 3-4x your salary so I don’t complain?

Keeping my eyes out for this one for sure!

What are the ideal dimensions for a sim? I'm currently house hunting too and hoping to fit one in somewhere, but see mixed reviews on height as well as width/depth.

What are the ideal dimensions for a sim? I'm currently house hunting too and hoping to fit one in somewhere, but see mixed reviews on height as well as width/depth.

From what I've researched/expienced:
Ceiling: min is approximately 9ft for most folks hitting driver. Will need more/less depending on how tall and upright your swing is. Some people use less that driver because "some sim is better than no sim"

Width: min about 12 ft if you want to swing in the middle. Less than that you might need to offset the target in the sim software depending on your surroundings. Ideal is probably (screen height) x 16 / 9 as that will fill the entire screen if you're running the software at 16:9 aspect ratio

Depth: At least 11-12 feet or so to have about a foot behind the screen, about 8 from screen to ball, and a couple feet behind that for the backswing. You may need more distance from the screen if your sim sits behind the ball vs next to it.

An additional consideration for both width and depth is whether you be using it solo or will need some space to for friends to sit.

This thread is the exact kind of thing I’m looking forward to in 2022. After the release of the new foresight/bushnell device I will be purchasing a house in the future with the intent of getting something I can build a sim in the garage or build a non attached garage/luxury shed in the back.

Hopefully this will come with tips, tricks, and involvement from companies that do this thing for a living which I’m sure we will get knowing the quality of content THP brings.

ideally I’d like to build this mostly myself so I’ve got a lot to learn and hope to be living in this thread

Curious to see where this goes. Someday I'll have a setup to practice over the winter

I wish I had a larger garage to justify getting heavily involved in something like this.
Tried it a couple years ago, and found the whole process (and cold) to be not worth it.

Pretty envious of anyone who has great setup potential.

I was talking to a buddy of mine who is building a new garage about the structural things he needs to do to raise the ceiling for his sim. Then I got to thinking of the structural things I need to do to mine to get enough room for a sim...

I was talking to a buddy of mine who is building a new garage about the structural things he needs to do to raise the ceiling for his sim. Then I got to thinking of the structural things I need to do to mine to get enough room for a sim...
I would love to raise my garage. But being older and probably only in this house for 5 or so more years not sure if I want to go through with that expense. I will take a picture of my setup soon. It is almost done. Just built the projector enclosure as it will be on the floor/ground/driveway

For you folks that have the Skytrak or Mevo Plus. I am getting ready to get one of these but heavily leaning toward the Mevo Plus. Room space is not an issue, but here is my challenge. I don't have an IOS tablet and don't want to spend the $$$ for one. I currently have an Android tablet and several PCs and what I need is to be able to get fairly accurate data on ball flight as far as path/direction.

I can live without simulated golf. It would be nice to have that, but can do without it. I want to clean up my directional game off the tee box and some general practice is fine for me. My current launch monitor does not provide that type of info, so I am ready to upgrade.

I read quite a number of favorable reviews and that Mevo FS skills app will work with Android, but could not find if Skytrak has anything free with that would provide that as well. I want to make sure I do a decent comparison as these two devices can be bought for similar price range. I am not interested in spending several hundred or more a year on software subscriptions.

Currently I am shopping daily to land on something as I am trying to get something before the colder months arrive. Figure if I am going to spend 1500 plus for something pre-owned, or 2 grand for new, I want something that will do what I need. I appreciate any help you can share.

Back