Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

I can't say enough how much this grip (along with a SeeMore) has helped my putting. Not just making putts but also my lag putting is extremely better. Cut the amount of times I would 3 putt in half or better. Prevents me from slouching while putting and likely various other bad habits that I wasn't aware I had. So much easier to putt with squared up shoulders.

Appreciate you guys reviewing the product and tempting me to buy/try new things!

Did Garsen have a booth at the PGA show? Wanted to see more on there new CB grip.

They did have some space at the PGA show, since I got an e-mail from Bernerd today from there. I had ordered a grip from them that hadn't shipped yet; a mix of circumstances such as a new order fulfillment company and their prep for the PGA show. He promised my grip on 2-day priority mail as well as a second grip from his stock. Awesome customer service from Mr. Garsen. Finding out a company how a company treats customers is sometimes worth a little thing like a shipping delay.

Really got my eye on a Garsen grip for the incoming Seemore. Just not sure which one to grab.. HMMM

I have had the Garsen Edge on my putter for 2 ½ months and loved it. In the never ending search for better I finally installed the Garsen Max I rec’d for Christmas. After a few days of putting on my mat at home I’ve decided to go back to the Edge. The feel of the putter changed for me and it almost feels dead when hitting the ball compared the smaller option. Just enforced my fondness for the Edge and I ordered 3 more last night.

Anyone else experience a major difference between the offerings? Any similar findings or maybe you prefer the Max over the edge for different/or same reasons? Just seemed odd since the Max isn’t that much bigger and the weight can’t be too much off. Just glad there are many options for everyone’s tastes!

There's definitely more material (and different material for that matter) making up the MAX.

I can go back and forth pretty easily between the two. At first I preferred the MAX, but since I ran out of them I've been forced to use the Edge for any installs and have grown very comfortable with it.

As promised, Bernerd sent out a G-Pro Edge grip as well as an Ultimate Grip (which I hadn't ordered, but he sent out to apologize for the delay in shipping.) I went ahead and gripped up my SeeMore PTM1 with the Edge, and put the Ultimate on my Rife Trinidad (another center-shafted blade putter). Thus far I really like them both, though the Edge is a little thin for my fat fingers. I did modify my grip slightly to get my hands a little farther apart, basically going from a double overlap from my left index finger to a single overlap, and that made enough space to get my hands where I needed them. Really easy to just relax the hands and put a good stroke on the ball.

The Ultimate grip isn't terribly far removed from the Superstroke grips, IMO. Non-tapered, feels great in the hand. The right amount of tackiness. Between shortening that putter and a new grip, it's got a whole new lease on life.

There's definitely more material (and different material for that matter) making up the MAX.

I can go back and forth pretty easily between the two. At first I preferred the MAX, but since I ran out of them I've been forced to use the Edge for any installs and have grown very comfortable with it.

Good point. Maybe the extra material absorbs shock better and changes the feel for me.

Not sure which Max you have, but I've noticed the bumpy one is much less appealing to me than the other one.

I have the smoother one. Similar feel to a SuperStroke.

I have a MAX and an Edge, and I ahve to say I love the edge a lot more, feels much better to me. the MAX feels a bit numb, its good, but like superstrokes grips, you lose a lot of the feeling IMO

Think I am going to bite the bullet and join the Garsen family today

Think I am going to bite the bullet and join the Garsen family today

It'll be a fun tinker for you. Def different at first.

Is it sad that the only reason I havent tried these yet is because they dont have green?

Is it sad that the only reason I havent tried these yet is because they dont have green?

When they FIRST came out, they showed lime versions, I would kill for some of those.

It'll be a fun tinker for you. Def different at first.

If I have been accustomed to the Flatso Ultra which style would you recommend? Im thinking Edge over Max

When they FIRST came out, they showed lime versions, I would kill for some of those.

I want something different for my Low Tide but I really want it to match. I know. I know.

If I have been accustomed to the Flatso Ultra which style would you recommend? Im thinking Edge over Max

I switched from a Flatso ultra to the Edge, and I like it. There's a little less room, which I thought of as a bad thing, but it also means there's less room for error. There's really only enough space on the Edge for the right grip on it, IMO.

Are these coming to stores?

I went from Flatso Ultra to the Edge, haven't looked back since. I've only played 2 rounds with it since I made the switch at the end of the season, and now it's winter here in OH. But, I was really draining the putts. I haven't tried the Max, but don't think I will with how much I like the Edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot wait to try the new 15" model, with my Seemore CB pondering I'd really like to try one of these on them!

Finally ordered 4 more of the edge to round out the putters I normally game. should be a seamless transition now between any putter.

Love this grip!

I cannot wait to try the new 15" model, with my Seemore CB pondering I'd really like to try one of these on them!

Just relieved email from Mr Garsen on th15cb said they are close but now it's the Chinese new year , so sounds like be awhile.

Just relieved email from Mr Garsen on th15cb said they are close but now it's the Chinese new year , so sounds like be awhile.

Direct email or broadcast? I need to get signed up for their newsletter if they have one.

Back