Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of you may have heard of Garsen Golf, a relatively new player in the aftermarket putter grip market. They've got an extremely unique flagship design called the G-Pro Edge, created by President and CEO Bernerd Garsen. They've also recently introduced a new design called Ultimate that should get some interest as well with the recent popularity of no-taper putter grips.

Anyway, let's talk about the G-Pro Edge ($22.95) first, since it's the design I think is most interesting. A few pics might reveal why this grip is unique.

DSCN5372-L.jpg

DSCN5374-L.jpg

DSCN5375-L.jpg

See that ridge that goes down the center? What that does is set your thumbs on each side of the grip.

Here's a quote from the company's website on the design:

WHY IS THE G-PRO EDGE BETTER?
Its patented, two-sided design, which places your hands into a neutral position, turns your elbows into your body and sets your shoulders back. This puts your body in a relaxed position and eliminates unnecessary wrist breakdown. This creates a more repetitive straight-back, straight-through putting stroke. Together, these characteristics contribute to a more confident putting stroke, which will lead to making more putts.

Some of you that are SPI followers may want to look at these, because I know the 'thumbs off' drill is popular in that program. This grip seems to take that a step further. Very cool.

Also, they have a grip with the same tech for freaks like me that like their grips bigger. It's called the G-Pro MAX ($28.95) and has some of the same things going on in a bigger package with some different textures.

DSCN5393-L.jpg

DSCN5392-L.jpg

DSCN5406-L.jpg

Lastly, the Ultimate is actually not for sale yet, so I don't have much info on it. I'll let the pictures do the talking here, but those that like SuperStroke or WinnPro X should find some immediate comfort here.

DSCN5380-L.jpg

DSCN5383-L.jpg

DSCN5396-L.jpg

I'll test all these, but only have one installed at the moment thanks to a busy evening. I put the MAX on my Buzelli STA-1. So far, I think I am in lust. It is very, very different and very, very cool. Stay tuned.

I know several will be interested in the G-Pro Edge. I like the design to the grips. As far as installation was it pretty standard?

• Staff
Standard install, but it helps to listen to their advice to make sure things are lined up right. It only took me 60 seconds to get it on and where I wanted it.

Looking at the website I see what your talking about with the spi. This is an interesting putter grip. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say. I like the Jumbo and the fact it's only 60 grams.

Color me intrigued. Looking forward to your review!

Very interesting design. Might grab one for my NC putter and see how it stacks up against the SuperStroke feel-wise.

Very intriguing indeed, neat concept.

Moving to the Flatso has helped me so I'm definitely interested in hearing more about this.

Been hoping they would send these in for you to review Hawk. They're starting to gain more traction and I believe there are a handful on tour that used them this year.

First time hearing about these grips. I like the designs but would have to hold in hands get feel before making any judgements

Henrik Stenson does according to their FB page. In fact, I think him and I are using the same one (MAX).

452176356-henrik-stenson-of-sweden-lines-up-a-putt-gettyimages.jpg

I haven't heard of these before. My SeeMore is in need of being regripped. I will definitely be considering one of the Garsen Grips.

I haven't heard of these before. My SeeMore is in need of being regripped. I will definitely be considering one of the Garsen Grips.

Depending on what you like, they do have some variety with the Ultimate coming out. I can't wait to get the G-Pro out on the green though. It's just so different, but really felt 'right' in hand and when I was trying it out indoors.

I like the looks of the Maxx and the Ultimate.

Depending on what you like, they do have some variety with the Ultimate coming out. I can't wait to get the G-Pro out on the green though. It's just so different, but really felt 'right' in hand and when I was trying it out indoors.

I have a Feel Tec Oversize on my SeeMore now. I like the size of it--it just hasn't been durable.

that video was helpful Hawk. Really helped demonstrate what you were showing in one of your pictures about the double flat sided grip. Oh and that video could have been shortened to 1 minute long.

I have a Feel Tec Oversize on my SeeMore now. I like the size of it--it just hasn't been durable.

I've never really liked the feel of the Feel-Tec, but the size was definitely a positive for me. The Ultimate is similar to a SS 3.0 if that helps gauge size. MAX a bit larger, but not wacky big.

that video was helpful Hawk. Really helped demonstrate what you were showing in one of your pictures about the double flat sided grip. Oh and that video could have been shortened to 1 minute long.

Yea I tried to take a picture with both hands on the grip, but my nose dexterity is lacking.

The G Pro Max looks very interesting.

I have the Ultimate and it has greatly improved my putting so far. I have only played a few rounds with it, but my stroke feels weird, and yet feels natural if that makes sense. My elbows are drawn more to my sides naturally so I don't have to consciously tuck in my elbows a bit like i did with my superstroke. The swing feels a bit odd because my hands are on a different position on the club than what I am used to, but the natural rocking of my shoulders feels so good now. I am sure I will get used to the hand positioning, but already my putting has improved dramatically. Also, if you really did want to hold it like a superstroke you could. It does have a flat top. That would sort of defeat the purpose of the putter though.

Yea I'll agree that the Edge does feel a bit weird at first. Sort of giving up the illusion of control that the thumbs can provide.

Installed an Ultimate Grip on a Bettinardi BB8 last night. All this grip musical chairs is certainly interesting. I think people are going to like that one, but my quick impressions were that the MAX with the full edge running down the center appealed more to me.

I can't wait for people to try the MAX out tomorrow. Both actually, but especially the MAX. It just seems to make a solid shoulder rock inevitable and I'm seeing great consistency with my directional control.

Sounds like I may need to order a max and toss it onto something.

Looking forward to more feedback over the weekend.

Sounds like I may need to order a max and toss it onto something.

Looking forward to more feedback over the weekend.

I'll be using it for two rounds and hope to get it in the hands of some other folks too. I don't want to get too excited about it, but I'm excited about it lol.

I like the looks of the ultimate quite a bit (blue is beautiful), but I am definitely curious about wearing.

Having that flat section seems like a great move on an otherwise round grip. My thumbs needs to feel like they are keeping the putter neutral and I believe that would go a long way.

Back