Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

My first Garsen! Installed it on my extra DB4 feels good in the hands , like having the thumbs placed there, was concerned about size but I was supprized it wasn't as big as I expected. Going to the course today to try. 1st round in Iowa , hope spring stays.
70337BF3-2A3D-4FE4-8D40-9C155459E21E_zps4tsh4kf9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
5891BA86-DC34-47AC-8227-B01D913FA517_zpsy8qcj0ji.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well darn it.

Used my Pure gun to pop the edge off the m5x but the gun won't fit the MAX. Guess I'll have to go solvent.

Well darn it.

Used my Pure gun to pop the edge off the m5x but the gun won't fit the MAX. Guess I'll have to go solvent.

Well that's no bueno. Do you have a normal air compressor trigger attachment that may work?

Well that's no bueno. Do you have a normal air compressor trigger attachment that may work?

Yeah, I have one that you can put different tips on. I'm at my parent place for the next 10 days so it'll have to wait until we are moved back into our place.

Good idea though and thank you - wouldn't have thought of that!!

Not playing golf until weekend after next anyways so no biggy.

Any time dude. Sucks that it's being a pain to get on there. Heck if a 2.0 can go on via air and fit, you'd think the max would be close

Any time dude. Sucks that it's being a pain to get on there. Heck if a 2.0 can go on via air and fit, you'd think the max would be close

Yep, it's close since I've done the 2.0 before. Close enough where I could likely force it over the MAX but I'm afraid it may stretch the plastic on the gun and crack it.

Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

I've done this before when I lost my pure gun for awhile. It takes a little more finangling, but it does still get the job done.

Anyone know if JB Holmes is still using the Garsen this week?

Slid on a G-Pro Edge. Loving it so far. Really takes my wrists out of the stroke well.

Is anyone still gaming a Garsen grip? I put one of these on a putter last week and am going to play with it for the next few weeks to see if it can improve my putting. Last time around I didn’t give the Garsen grip more than a few rounds before moving on but I’ve got a few hours of putting practice in with it in the last few days and It’s really improved my putting inside of 10 feet.

Is anyone still gaming a Garsen grip? I put one of these on a putter last week and am going to play with it for the next few weeks to see if it can improve my putting. Last time around I didn’t give the Garsen grip more than a few rounds before moving on but I’ve got a few hours of putting practice in with it in the last few days and It’s really improved my putting inside of 10 feet.

Did you end up playing a Garsen grip for awhile ? If so, which model ? Pros, cons ?

The design just works, it's crazy.

Bumping this old thread.
If you don't mind, please share your experience playing Garsen grips. I've recently purchased the Edge model as well as the Max, and will be giving both models a try.
On Tour it seems like the relatively new Tour Quad is Garsen's most popular grip.

Bumping this old thread.
If you don't mind, please share your experience playing Garsen grips. I've recently purchased the Edge model as well as the Max, and will be giving both models a try.
On Tour it seems like the relatively new Tour Quad is Garsen's most popular grip.

I think I’ve got a lot of feedback in this thread that should pull up with a search.

I putt with essentially a prayer grip so the angled front was quite good for my grip. But, durability drove me away. To my understanding though that has changed in recent years.

It’s a good product. Try them, and throw in your feedback!

I continue to show guys I share a round with this grip and I continue to hear "oh man, that feels good" once they try it. What a game changer.

Which Garsen model grips did you try, and are you still playing one ?

I think I’ve got a lot of feedback in this thread that should pull up with a search.

I putt with essentially a prayer grip so the angled front was quite good for my grip. But, durability drove me away. To my understanding though that has changed in recent years.

It’s a good product. Try them, and throw in your feedback!

Were you playing the Garsen Edge or Max ?

Garsen is an interesting company. Its first two products (Edge and Max) more or less required that the user embrace a particular technique.
The only other company I can think of with a similar concept is Jumbo Max grips, where the size of the grips demands that a player use a non traditional technique.

Last edited:
The G Pro Edge grip has been a game changer for my son.

Oh goodness. Fun fact - we were one of the first to ever see these in hand. Good memories.

Oh goodness. Fun fact - we were one of the first to ever see these in hand. Good memories.

Also fun fact! That was a great read @Hawk!

Back