Gas or Induction Cooktop

I prefer gas. We had an induction cooktop and I didn't like that you had to use certain pots/pans - and besides, I couldn't toast my tortillas over an open flame! :ROFLMAO: We were pretty limited in the cookware we had for it though, maybe I would've liked it better if we had a wider selection of pots and pans that worked with it.

• Admin
I prefer gas. We had an induction cooktop and I didn't like that you had to use certain pots/pans - and besides, I couldn't toast my tortillas over an open flame! :ROFLMAO: We were pretty limited in the cookware we had for it though, maybe I would've liked it better if we had a wider selection of pots and pans that worked with it.

I do like being able to toast tortillas or roast marshmallows but I have outdoor appliances that can do that. I like that it's WAY easier to clean, doesn't get hot to the touch, and the handles to my pots and pans don't get hot either. One thing I really hate is when I am using multiple pots and I'm trying to stir one and my hand is on fire because of the flame from another burner.

Having never used induction I would have to say gas.

I feel like most people would prefer a gas range, and I am probably in the minority, but I much prefer an induction cooktop. I have had both, and have gas now, and I think induction is far and away better. What are your thoughts?
I kind of like gas because it's instant heat for when I'm in a hurry. Also I can use a cast iron skillet. Though that will see much less use know that I have a Blackstone Griddle.

• Admin
I kind of like gas because it's instant heat for when I'm in a hurry. Also I can use a cast iron skillet. Though that will see much less use know that I have a Blackstone Griddle.

Induction is instant heat too, in fact, you can usually boil water faster than with a gas range, but you make a very good point about cast iron. However, I had some ceramic coated cast iron pans that works with my previous induction range.

We've always had induction, thought we wanted gas, but when we built our house we went induction, just easier to use, clean and maintain.

I have electric but wish I had gas. Much, much better for frying and stir frying in my experience. Induction isn't really great for cast iron and carbon steel pans either which I use a lot of.

Induction is instant heat too, in fact, you can usually boil water faster than with a gas range, but you make a very good point about cast iron. However, I had some ceramic coated cast iron pans that works with my previous induction range.
It is so much faster than gas.

I have heard talk about banning gas stoves in the future. Not getting into the politics of it but it is on the heels of banning gas lawn mowers.

I have heard talk about banning gas stoves in the future. Not getting into the politics of it but it is on the heels of banning gas lawn mowers.

Ban gas/diesel lawn mowers... how the hell am i going to cut 3 acres of grass?? (don't say let it grow... i'd be living in a bog if i didn't cut my lawn)

Here's me once they ban lawn mowers.

Here's my family a few weeks later

I’m really curious about induction but I would hate to give up my cast irons. Gotta sick with gas.

Ban gas/diesel lawn mowers... how the hell am i going to cut 3 acres of grass?? (don't say let it grow... i'd be living in a bog if i didn't cut my lawn)

Here's me once they ban lawn mowers.

Here's my family a few weeks later

We've reached the point where we're devolving, we're headed back toward the Stone Age.

We are induction. But whenever I redo some of the kitchen I hope to go back to gas.

We are induction. But whenever I redo some of the kitchen I hope to go back to gas.

Curious what you don't like about induction? I know I am in the minority preferring it over gas, but I'm just curious why you want to go back?

I’m really curious about induction but I would hate to give up my cast irons. Gotta sick with gas.
Cast iron works great with induction.

Gas. Only gas

Cast iron works great with induction.

You know what, he is right, the more I think about it the more I realize all my cast iron worked on the induction not just my ceramic coated ones, and I just looked online and Lodge says induction is a great way to use their cast irons pots/pans.

You know what, he is right, the more I think about it the more I realize all my cast iron worked on the induction not just my ceramic coated ones, and I just looked online and Lodge says induction is a great way to use their cast irons pots/pans.
Really?? That's interesting. Not sure why I thought it didn't. I guess just be careful moving it around.

Curious what you don't like about induction? I know I am in the minority preferring it over gas, but I'm just curious why you want to go back?

So I can stop hearing the complaining from my better half about it. Haha
Honestly I’m not really against induction. More used to gas and feel like I have a little more heat control(whether true or not).

Back