Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

i'm pondering another option for rosa, my f9 ladies head with the stock atmos 5 womens 50 shaft. i tried to ask the txg guys today for another option, but they focused on the fact that this combo shouldn't work for me at all, so go to a fitter and get some numbers first.

i think if we build a little longer, i can get more chs. if i can keep the accuracy the same, we might have found my holy grail. i was hoping something with some insider info on the shaft profile of the atmos 5 womens 50 could recommend something similar that i could buy raw and have built to length.

230-235 carry was what I built it for. IIRC, club speed with the ute back then was around 105-107

I could have gone either way as well. I went x just because. The fitter I dealt with had a u65 23* and was pretty close to the same club speed as me. He went S in his as he had a lot smoother swing than me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for this! You guys are in another CHS bracket altogether, 95S should do me nicely.

Throw me some suggestions for a solid driving iron shaft upgrade for my Srixon u65's. The Miyazaki is smooth and I do like the more active tip, however I am looking for something that maybe launches a touch lower and has a but more stout feel while remaining in stiff flex., maybe a little more weight. Maybe low-mid launch and low-mid spin range.

Driver SS 105+, 3i SS probably around 98-100, smooth tempo, more of a sweeper than a digger.

I just built an 18° DI with a PX HZRDUS Black 6.0 and it seems to be about right. My driver swing speed is just a hair slower than yours. Maybe 100-102 and it seems to be about right for me.

Pondering in my Epic switching from Handcrafted HZRDUS RED to Tensei Blue. Tested the Blue in M6 at demo day this weekend and it is much easier to swing and getting good results.

Well, the Attas Coool Experiment didn't work out so going back to the HZRDUS Yellow in my G400. Gonna stick with that for now. Want to do a driver fitting later this year just for giggles, so may take some recommendations away from that.

Well, the Attas Coool Experiment didn't work out so going back to the HZRDUS Yellow in my G400. Gonna stick with that for now. Want to do a driver fitting later this year just for giggles, so may take some recommendations away from that.
Did the Attas Cool feel head heavy?

Did the Attas Cool feel head heavy?

Not necessarily, just didn't feel as solid to me if that makes sense. I want to say the SWs were close (I can confirm when I get home). I tried it in the G400 and the XR16. Both worked better for me with the Yellow. Could very well be a comfort thing, but the results were clearly better.

Not necessarily, just didn't feel as solid to me if that makes sense. I want to say the SWs were close (I can confirm when I get home). I tried it in the G400 and the XR16. Both worked better for me with the Yellow. Could very well be a comfort thing, but the results were clearly better.
I was just curious. The counterbalancing in the yellow usually makes the swingweight a couple points lower from what I've seen.

I was just curious. The counterbalancing in the yellow usually makes the swingweight a couple points lower from what I've seen.

You could certainly be right. I'll give it a look when I get home.

Looks like I'm buying a tp6 and tensei pro white 60 tomorrow.

Other shafts still on the ponder list:
Kk DC tx
Tz5/6
Ventus

not any time soon, but at some point this year, I want to get a full depth look at Recoil Protos.. Probably the 110's but I'm not afraid of 95's!!!

UST is kind of awesome.

not any time soon, but at some point this year, I want to get a full depth look at Recoil Protos.. Probably the 110's but I'm not afraid of 95's!!!

UST is kind of awesome.

The 110’s are fun. I think I’ll always keep a set just to keep a set of them.

UST is kind of awesome.

Totally agree on the awesomeness! I think you could definitely have a lot of fun with a set too. If you can make a trip to Dallas happen get a fitting with Danny at HQ, good opportunity for content possibly. Call it a business trip;-)

Totally agree on the awesomeness! I think you could definitely have a lot of fun with a set too. If you can make a trip to Dallas happen get a fitting with Danny at HQ, good opportunity for content possibly. Call it a business trip;-)

Sounds like something that would REALLY help the THP community. haha, not selfish at all..... at aaaalllllll

#ContentContentContentContentContentContent

Sounds like something that would REALLY help the THP community. haha, not selfish at all..... at aaaalllllll

#ContentContentContentContentContentContent

a real martyr you are. thank you for sacrificing for the rest of us.

ACCRA TZ hybo shaft.

I've been playing x100s or s400s for a few years now and I just keep losing launch year by year. Thinking about trying either Tour V or Project X LZ. Any recommendations?

Oh....

TZ6 in a different head is on the brain.

LIN-Q, but I know nothing about the profile.

Ventus, the buzz is like wildfire.

TPT, still the best I’ve ever played.

I would like to replace the cheap-o shaft in my Tour Edge CBX 3-wood and have narrowed it down to the Aldila NV (green) or the UST Proforce V2 (black) based on price and aesthetics. Anyone care to sway me towards one or the other?

Regio... someone smart and good at Range Days was raving about it

I would like to replace the cheap-o shaft in my Tour Edge CBX 3-wood and have narrowed it down to the Aldila NV (green) or the UST Proforce V2 (black) based on price and aesthetics. Anyone care to sway me towards one or the other?

I like both shafts quite a bit.
Im sure Danny Le could sway you...

Even Flow T1100 White

What flex/weight u thinking about?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I apologize for not being more elaborate. I have two ideas for two different builds. I have a Black 75 6.5 coming in a G410 Plus from Ping. Full length 45.25". I am thinking 65 6.5 for the white. I plan to tune the black a little bit with length adjustments. Ideally I would like two styles for the different courses I play here. With one White shaft setup for Long Drive.

Numbers for the Black were 280 carry and 300 total on trackman during the fitting but that was my first time swinging an x flex and a much heavier shaft than my stock XR16 in S flex.

I just built a shaft for that Callaway using a Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70 2.8X. I finished it at 44.5" total length and am very pleased with the results at the range so far. Field test tomorrow

Where is the best place to buy iron shafts? Golfworks?

Back