Golfer on Tour that everyone seems to love, but you can’t stand?

Bryson Dechambeau - Dude, you're not as smart as you want everyone to think you are
Bubba Watson - Stop buttoning that top button!

I feel like a lot of people give Tiger a pass and overlook some of the awful things hes done because of how important hes been to golf.
FWIW, I was a big Tiger fan before he cheated on Elin and then kind of let it go because we all make mistakes but then when he cheated on Lindsay Vonn, I was like, "I'm out".
When its repeated behavior, it's not a mistake, its maybe just who you are.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FWIW, I was not speaking about Tiger, I was speaking about anybody.
Every person has their own threshold in what they are willing to ignore and what they aren’t.

FWIW, I was not speaking about Tiger, I was speaking about anybody.
Every person has their own threshold in what they are willing to ignore and what they aren’t.
So you dont think that I need help? Lol (You dont have to answer that!)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jordan Spieth.....that whiny, self absorbed, lousy short putter, twit.

BK.... top of my list. Talented but just needs to quit with the whole crying about who is disrespecting him all the time. Right now, it’s me BK. STFU and play.

I was struggling to think of anyone I dislike (I even like Bubba and Reed!), but then you said it. I can't stand Brooks. :rolleyes:

Was about to say that about Spieth. Probably the same people that loot.

Not a big fan of Spieth myself, but that's just on the golf course. Off the course, he sure seems like a super nice dude. Something about his on-course play just bothers me. But at the same time, I find myself rooting for him to return to his old form! o_O

Not a big fan of Spieth myself, but that's just on the golf course. Off the course, he sure seems like a super nice dude. Something about his on-course play just bothers me. But at the same time, I find myself rooting for him to return to his old form! o_O
Probably a reason he’s voted in the top 3 as most likeable on tour by his peers almost every year.

Probably a reason he’s voted in the top 3 as most likeable on tour by his peers almost every year.
I've mentioned this somewhere else on the forum, but a few years ago he played the Shriner's in Las Vegas. Some other big names were there that year, including Ricky (I'm a big fan), Patrick Cantlay, Bryson (who won that year), Kuchar, Webb Simpson, Ernie Els. I was watching the players sign their cards then come out to sign autographs for the kids. Spieth didn't have a great final round (over par, I think), but instead of sulking or leaving the course, he brought out something like 20 Under Armour hats for the kids and signed everyone of them, plus signed a bunch of other stuff. He was clearly prepared for the fans and enjoyed interacting with them. Turned me into a big Spieth fan (at least, off the course!).

Ricky, on the other hand, sat there inside the gate for at least 30 minutes talking with his girlfriend and someone else, about 10 feet from 50+ kids who were waiting and screaming his name. He did eventually sign autographs for them, and signed plenty, but it struck me as odd how he just sat there for so long right in front of the kids without acknowledging them. Oh well.

I am not a fan of Tiger...but my aversion came WAYYYyyyyy before the whole affair thing. I was a fan, early years, "Hook a kid on golf" "Bring your kid to the course" and my son was young in the 90's early 2k. Took him to ta tourney with me, waited for him to tee off, found us a spot on the 3rd tee to be there ahead of the crowds. Tiger Tees off "GD Tiger" he says, we were maybe 6 feet away...."F$&*$ Tiger" quite a few time during the 4 holes we followed. Sure bring your kids out, let me teach them some language.......WE went over and found Phil, followed a couple of others. When we got home, i dropped everything Nike i had in a collection barrel at good will. Have never owned or played a NIKE anything since.
Same. My aversion to him started a long time before his marital issues. Right from the get-go I didn't like how he was the instant media darling and was getting shoved down everybody's throats 24/7. I always thought he was a complete richard to his fans and the media, to me he came off as though it bothered him to be there and it bothered him to have all those people wanting high-fives, autographs - or even just a smile and a nod. He may have grown the game just by the aura around him and his dominance, but to me it felt like he didn't make an effort to be fan-friendly and more outgoing to make the most of his fame in that regard. Dropping f-bombs on the course when he knew there were mics picking it up just furthered his IDGAF reputation in my mind, along with the fact that many pros who played with him over the years have said he was a complete a-hole to them. Yet he was (and still is) constantly glorified (almost deified) and propped up by the media.

Two others of us that I know of like him also. @PKorf being the other one.
love me some IJP! Alot of people think hes pampas....I personally dont. Guy makes million of dollars a year and like driving ferrari's. Well....duh. Id do the same. He is one of the most solid Tour pros from a playing standpoint out there. I think hes got a pretty good sense of humor also....

Tiger- For years the only person you could see on TV during a match was Tiger, even if he wasn't playing good, they'd show him over the tournament leaders, over, and over, and over again. Even if your favorite player was in the top 5 you couldn't watch it cause Tiger was on the screen. Really made me give up watching golf for 10 years as how do you follow favorites when they got zero screen time?
He is a very self centered and arrogant person, even though the media portrayed him as some godly icon, but most people didn't care as he'd been engrained in our minds as synonymous with golf.
I care. I tend to like honest, hard working, humble golfers, maybe its just me.
I'm glad he was able to come back however. I'll never wish ill of him, he's just not my cup o tea.

Jason Day, not so much him as a person. Just his slowwwww play

Jason Day just irks me now although really only elevated in the past couple of years. The way he struts around with his X-small polos just comes across to me as a prima donna. In addition, one minutes he has a major injury and next day comes out and shots 65 just points to me that he wants the attention. I wish he would watch a tournament from 5+ years ago and he comes across so

Rory for me, just can't seem to figure out what he's all about

I'm struggling with the fact that anyone could be so consumed with a golfers sex life and his morality. Pathetic that one could be so judgmental without knowing Tiger Woods or his wife. For all we know she may have cheated on the guy first, who knows.....and why would you care. he's just a dumb golfer. you may want to seek help.....I'm Just saying.

Totally agree.Tiger was just high profile and caught caught. A high majority of high level athletes, celebrities, business leaders, etc screw around.

If you’re gonna stop being a fan because of that, just stop watching sports. And guys in the day you grew up loving were horndogs too.

Jordan was the most belove athlete of the current generation and there was a reason his ex wife Juanita was mentioned one time in the 10 hour documentary.

Wow. Lol. I struggle with how anyone could be aware of Tiger's cheating and still say they dont care,

I absolutely don't care. The way he was treated, anyone would have thought he'd killed someone!

Eldrick Woods aka Horse teeth

Rory & Justin Rose for me... Can’t stand either of them, I see to be in the minority.

I don't think I dislike any popular golfer.

Rors, Rickie, Jordan, Justin, rosey, woods,

Bubba was good for golf but not sure what he does now... Doesn't run me the wrong way

Dustin only aggrivates me because he should be awesome. But can't seem to finish holes.

Day, meh
IJP - funnier now that Connor Moore skits are made for him.

Phil
Rahm
Perez

Yes, that's 3 asu guys for those not keeping track

I would say Bubba but he is hated by a lot.

so I will say Justin Thomas

I was in the
I don't think the big dumb part is a schtick.

For me I don't like Brooks Koepka. He just reminds me of all the A-hole people I have ever known in real life.
There is a story of the Great One getting a call from Paulina when they got engaged and after the phone call ended Wayne said "She Finally found someone as dumb as her to marry her" or something along those lines.

Back