This is going to be so cool to follow! Not only did you go to a fantastic Experience, and get a LM, you get to improve for a long time. Love the SkyTrak Experience and your thread.

Curious to follow the GolfTec and ST+ journey. Did some Gtec lessons years ago, interested to see what has changed.

Well, we lost power around 2pm here at home and it didn't come back on until around 6:30 while I was at FedEx.

I'm heading out to play in an hour so and I'll do my wrap up when I get back...so you have to wait a bit longer.

Well, we lost power around 2pm here at home and it didn't come back on until around 6:30 while I was at FedEx.

I'm heading out to play in an hour so and I'll do my wrap up when I get back...so you have to wait a bit longer.
Ok so the lesson occurred?!?! 😂

I Will be following along!

Sorry, tomorrow morning. See rant thread. 😕

This is going to be a fun thread once it starts in earnest.

Looking forward to your adventure.

Sorry for the delay folks. Strap in, it's a long one.

Wednesday we lost power as I was on the forum about the write this post. The basement almost flooded because my battery backup sump pump has decided life is too hard and that will have to be replaced.

Yesterday, if you read the rant thread was also a disaster with me at the car dealer watching the Minister get hosed with her car...but she needs one so we're ****** but have wheels.

On with the good? stuff.

I had my appointment for my initial swing evaluation at the Fairlawn, OH Golftec location with the Director of Instruction, Degnan Mott. We talked about my game (think toilet) and where I would like to be (mid single digits...I'm realistic). He used to work for Mizuno and knows @Vosh68 so I had a bit of fun telling him about the Victory Cup last year and also about how I ended up a there with him through the SkyTrak Experience...he was in awe a little bit.

Degnan had me hit some warm up shots with 7 iron while we spoke then he set the cameras up and we got down to brass tacks. He said my set up was solid but my hands could be just a touch higher than they were and my left forearm needs to be rotated a bit more so you can't see it from behind.

View attachment Before 08-23-23.mp4

We then went through the positions via video with him pointing out what's happening and what needs to be done to fix the issues I have, one being OTT. There's quite a number of videos there but take a look if you're interested. I'm not crazy on the C&W music blaring (I might ask that they turn it down a bit next time because for me, it was annoying)

View attachment P1 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P1 front 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P2 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P2 front 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P3 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P4 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P4 front 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P5 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P5 front 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P6 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P6 front 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P7 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P7 front 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P5 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P8 front 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment P9 front 08-23-23.mp4

As I said, my set up is pretty solid and my finish was good. I was 90° to target at finish and the average for tour players is 88°, so I'm better than a tour player in that regard! 😬

We then got the noodle out (I will be getting something similar for the garage sim) and he had me swinging with that and fortunately we don't have video of the first swing, but you can see how it helped me get a better plane and not OTT.

View attachment After analysis 08-23-23.mp4

View attachment After 08-23-23.mp4

I HATE seeing myself on video, I'm so self conscious but I'm letting it all hang out for this journey.

That was my first lesson. We set up for a lesson every Saturday, with a couple of exceptions, until my 10 lesson package is complete.

I'll update here and will also try and do some filming of my practice at home and put it here as well.

Last edited:

Wednesday we lost power as I was on the forum about the write this post. The basement almost flooded because my battery backup sump pump has decided life is too hard and that will have to be replaced.

Yesterday, if you read the rant thread was also a disaster with me at the car dealer watching the Minister get hosed with her car...but she needs one so we're ****** but have wheels.

On with the good? stuff.

I had my appointment for my initial swing evaluation at the Fairlawn, OH Golftec location with the Director of Instruction, Degnan Mott. We talked about my game (think toilet) and where I would like to be (mid single digits...I'm realistic). He used to work for Mizuno and knows @Vosh68 so I had a bit of fun telling him about the Victory Cup last year and also about how I ended up a there with him through the SkyTrak Experience...he was in awe a little bit.

Degnan had me hit some warm up shots with 7 iron while we spoke then he set the cameras up and we got down to brass tacks. He said my set up was solid but my hands could be just a touch higher than they were and my left forearm needs to be rotated a bit more so you can't see it from behind.

View attachment 9200989

We then went through the positions via video with him pointing out what's happening and what needs to be done to fix the issues I have, one being OTT. There's quite a number of videos there but take a look if you're interested. I'm not crazy on the C&W music blaring (I might ask that they turn it down a bit next time because for me, it was annoying)

View attachment 9200994

View attachment 9200995

View attachment 9200996

View attachment 9200997

View attachment 9200998

View attachment 9200999

View attachment 9201000

View attachment 9201001

View attachment 9201003

View attachment 9201004

View attachment 9201005

View attachment 9201006

View attachment 9201007

View attachment 9201008

View attachment 9201009

View attachment 9201010

As I said, my set up is pretty solid and my finish was good. I was 90° to target at finish and the average for tour players is 88°, so I'm better than a tour player in that regard! 😬

We then got the noodle out (I will be getting something similar for the garage sim) and he had me swinging with that and fortunately we don't have video of the first swing, but you can see how it helped me get a better plane and not OTT.

View attachment 9201011

View attachment 9201028

I HATE seeing myself on video, I'm so self conscious but I'm letting it all hang out for this journey.

That was my first lesson. We set up for a lesson every Saturday, with a couple of exceptions, until my 10 lesson package is complete.

I'll update here and will also try and do some filming of my practice at home and put it here as well.

This is freaking awesome!

Nice write-up. I love that you don't have to wear the harnesses any longer to get your swing numbers. Back in they day when I took my lessons you had to wear a harness on your shoulders and around your waist, and one of the bays had wireless harnesses, but the other was wired and I always wondered how that affected my swing.

On with the good? stuff.

View attachment 9200989

View attachment 9200994

View attachment 9200995

View attachment 9200996

View attachment 9200997

View attachment 9200998

View attachment 9200999

View attachment 9201000

View attachment 9201001

View attachment 9201003

View attachment 9201004

View attachment 9201005

View attachment 9201006

View attachment 9201007

View attachment 9201008

View attachment 9201009

View attachment 9201010

View attachment 9201011

View attachment 9201028

holy crap that is really cool.

That's a LOT of great content. Thanks for sharing!!!

great stuff! the backswing plane on that last video with the noodle looks fantastic! keep it up, bud!

On with the good? stuff.

View attachment 9200989

View attachment 9200994

View attachment 9200995

View attachment 9200996

View attachment 9200997

View attachment 9200998

View attachment 9200999

View attachment 9201000

View attachment 9201001

View attachment 9201003

View attachment 9201004

View attachment 9201005

View attachment 9201006

View attachment 9201007

View attachment 9201008

View attachment 9201009

View attachment 9201010

View attachment 9201011

View attachment 9201028

That's awesome... curious does the swing evaluation count as Lesson #1?

Will be fun to follow your progression.

On with the good? stuff.

View attachment 9200989

View attachment 9200994

View attachment 9200995

View attachment 9200996

View attachment 9200997

View attachment 9200998

View attachment 9200999

View attachment 9201000

View attachment 9201001

View attachment 9201003

View attachment 9201004

View attachment 9201005

View attachment 9201006

View attachment 9201007

View attachment 9201008

View attachment 9201009

View attachment 9201010

View attachment 9201011

View attachment 9201028

So damn cool

THP Experiences
Way to embrace it and make the most of it

Great stuff there, it's always hard to see your swing on camera and I am sure most feel that way. There were lots of positives to take away and looks like he gave you some good stuff to work on so that should help. So much good information, can't wait to see more posts.

Back