Thanks for sharing- it's awesome to see the progress in one lesson. Outside of the pool noodle, what else will you be working on at home?

Thanks for sharing- it's awesome to see the progress in one lesson. Outside of the pool noodle, what else will you be working on at home?

Honestly, Dugnan said that the noodle will help a lot of my issues. But, I really need to make sure that my hips are "cocked" back more as I was tending to have them open.

I found on Sunday that when I cocked my hips, my tee shots were so much straighter, rather than a banana ball.

Awesome write up man! I wasn't able to watch all of the vids being I'm at work now but I'm going to watch them later tonight when I'm here in the building by myself.

In the videos I did watch I love the drawings they are using and will be stealing a lot of these checkpoint drawings for my own swing work.

This is going to be a great thread. I can't wait to see how much it helps you!

Lesson two today at 2:30, really looking forward to it.

Lesson two today at 2:30, really looking forward to it.
I’m late to the party not the first time. Love the thread and details you are putting in it. I’ll be sure and keep up in the future. Keep it coming.

Well, that was horrible. Looks like I need more noodle in my life and fortunately I just had my alignment plate delivered yesterday.

I was still getting a lot vertical and had my hands too low to the ground at address. (I tried that on the course yesterday and it was horrific)

For those of you that are interested in the carnage, here are the videos and Degnans observations.

Before
View attachment Before 09-02-23.mp4

Analysis 1-7

View attachment Analysis 1 09-02-23.mp4

View attachment Analysis 2 09-02-23.mp4

View attachment Analysis 3 09-02-23.mp4

View attachment Analysis 4 09-02-23.mp4

View attachment Analysis 5 09-02-23.mp4

View attachment Analysis 6 09-02-23.mp4

View attachment Analysis 7 09-02-23.mp4

After

View attachment After 09-02-23.mp4

As you can see, I have a lot to work on. I really wish I had more hours in the day, but now that I have my own noodle holder, I can throw it on the grass when I get home at night and swing for a bit to try and ingrain the right plane.

This is really great stuff thanks for sharing. One question that setup is at a GolfTec? They don’t have a screen or anything just the net?

Well, that was horrible. Looks like I need more noodle in my life and fortunately I just had my alignment plate delivered yesterday.

I was still getting a lot vertical and had my hands too low to the ground at address. (I tried that on the course yesterday and it was horrific)

For those of you that are interested in the carnage, here are the videos and Degnans observations.

Before
View attachment 9202942

Analysis 1-7

View attachment 9202944

View attachment 9202946

View attachment 9202948

View attachment 9202949

View attachment 9202951

View attachment 9202952

View attachment 9202954

After

View attachment 9202956

As you can see, I have a lot to work on. I really wish I had more hours in the day, but now that I have my own noodle holder, I can throw it on the grass when I get home at night and swing for a bit to try and ingrain the right plane.
Great video. Lot to digest. Looking forward to following along with your journey. The combination of having Sky trak combined with instruction from Golf Tec is so cool. Sky Trak is so good. However a person can still ingrain bad habits if not careful.

This is great to follow along...after a disastrous last round and two sessions indoors on the sim...I might need to schedule the lessons. I was hoping to hold out until after the season closer to the start of next season, but I missed every fairway and green on a seemingly simple course last week. I need to get someone else looking at my swing to see what is going on

I had a swing evaluation done a few weeks ago at golf Tec. I was an eye opening experience to see yourself swing. I found it very helpful to see what you do wrong vs someone just telling you. I signed up for several lessons and start my first one sept 7. I thought the swing evaluation was worth it 100%.

This is really great stuff thanks for sharing. One question that setup is at a GolfTec? They don’t have a screen or anything just the net?

The screens are the TVs behind @AuzzieMatt .

I really enjoyed my previous instruction with GolfTec that I took about 10 years ago. Then I moved jobs and the center that I went to that was 5 minutes from work, became too far to travel to. I've thought about going back to GolfTec now that they have opened a closer location to my current job, can't wait to see your progress and hear your thoughts.
I am really contemplating going back Too. I have some major glitches in My game that all the instructors I’ve been to lately have been great in identifying but terrible in helping Me correct it. I always liked all the tools I could use at GolfTec when working with my swing.

Golftec is a bit expensive,but my experience was it is worth every penny. No instructor has helped my swing more than Golftec, and I've been to many over the years. Congratulations on taking your game seriously.

The screens are the TVs behind @AuzzieMatt .

Yeah, they have 2 sets of 2 TV's.

Not hitting into a screen doesn't bother me too much, it's just like my garage.

I haven’t had the time this needs to dig in but I’m going to make it this week. All of it looks fascinating.

Yeah, they have 2 sets of 2 TV's.

Not hitting into a screen doesn't bother me too much, it's just like my garage.
Thats what it looks like is a garage setup. Its why I asked I was just curious

Thats what it looks like is a garage setup. Its why I asked I was just curious
I just went by Gooftec today that moved from where I use to go 8 years ago. Wow. It’s all amazing now with actual screens to hit into. I need to take some pictures when I go thought the swing evaluation because it looks nothing like @AuzzieMatt ’s bay.

Lesson #2 in the books and this week we looked at my right wrist at the top of the back swing, it was too straight.

Here's before.

View attachment Before 09-16-23.mp4

Here's the after(math).

View attachment After 09-16-23.mp4

We did the usual analysis, which helps me understand a lot more what Degnan is talking about.

Analysis 2

View attachment Analysis 2 09-16-23.mp4

Analysis 4

View attachment Analysis 4 09-16-23.mp4

For some reason I can't get the other two videos to load. Hopefully you get the gist of what we were doing.

One thing I noticed was a difference already in my setup from when I first went to Saturday.

This is my first swing at Golftec, look at how low my hand position is at address.

Before setup.jpg

Look at how it is now.

Setup 09-16-23.jpg

So much better.

A great example is my 5 iron. Stock yardage for me was 175 ish, maybe 180 on a good day. On Sunday and today I was hitting it around 200 yards according to Shot Scope. :eek:I hope that continues because if it does, it's absolutely incredible.

Until next week.

Your setup looks good and your instructor is doing a good job of explaining and showing what you all are working on. Sounds like you are starting ot see some positive results too.

Great recap. GT does a great job and the videos really help you see what you are doing as opposed to just feeling what you are doing.

Boy howdy, #3 done and this week was a doozy for me.

We were working on trying to keep my left shoulder from turning behind my head after impact and actually go up, kind of, instead. You'll see what I mean in the videos.

Before

View attachment Before 09-23-23.mp4

After...not great but working on an idea.

View attachment After 09-23-23.mp4

Analysis 1

View attachment Analysis 1 09-23-23.mp4

Analysis 2

View attachment Analysis 2 09-23-23.mp4

Analysis 3

View attachment Analysis 3 09-23-23.mp4

Analysis 4, making progress.

View attachment Analysis 4 09-23-23.mp4

Analysis 5, I got it...once.

View attachment Analysis 5 09-23-23.mp4

I have to admit that some things don't make as much sense to me as they probably should but it's working.

I have a drill to work on to try and keep my elbows more together rather than flexing away from each other.

I think some stuff is finally sinking in.

This is awesome @AuzzieMatt there are some definite changes in your swing from week 1. Keep up the good work.

You get a double today because I didn't post last weeks lesson.

Last week we were still working on keeping my elbows closer together and not flaring them out like you can see below.

View attachment Before 09-30-23.mp4

My shoulder tilt was way too far as you'll see in the first analysis video here.

View attachment Analysis 1 09-30-23.mp4

Comparisons to a tour player...not good.

View attachment Analysis 3 09-30-23.mp4

Next I got to use the mini basketball to keep my elbows together. When I left my lesson that day I went straight to Walmart and got one for home to practice with.

View attachment Analysis 4 09-30-23.mp4

Getting there.

View attachment Analysis 5 09-30-23.mp4

After for this lesson.

View attachment After 09-30-23.mp4

Back