On to yesterday.

Still getting too vertical with my club at the top and swinging around myself instead of "up and down".

View attachment Before 10-07-23.mp4

Degnan does a way better job of explaining what I'm doing right and wrong that I can.

View attachment Analysis 1 10-07-23.mp4

Some stuff is starting to sink in.

View attachment Analysis 2 10-07-23.mp4

Now we need to add some hip sway to start my downswing, so swing from the ground up and not the other way around.

View attachment Analysis 3 10-07-23.mp4

Getting there and my shoulder is going more up rather than around.

View attachment Analysis 4 10-07-23.mp4

End result of lesson.

View attachment After 10-07-23.mp4

I really like seeing my progress week to week and feel like I'm making better shots than I was just a few short weeks ago.

Who knew you didn't need to have the club go behind the back of your head to hit the ball a long way? I saw that on the course today.

No lesson next week because Deg will be in Atlanta but that doesn't mean I won't be working on something.

Last edited:
I know one guy that says Golftec straightened him right out. Another that says it was "OK" but not worth the money. Finding a coach that fits you is hard.

You get a double today because I didn't post last weeks lesson.

Last week we were still working on keeping my elbows closer together and not flaring them out like you can see below.

View attachment 9212218

My shoulder tilt was way too far as you'll see in the first analysis video here.

View attachment 9212219

Comparisons to a tour player...not good.

View attachment 9212223

Next I got to use the mini basketball to keep my elbows together. When I left my lesson that day I went straight to Walmart and got one for home to practice with.

View attachment 9212224

Getting there.

View attachment 9212225

After for this lesson.

View attachment 9212226
Looks like you are making some really good improvement. Awesome @AuzzieMatt How is the swing feeling?

Looks like you are making some really good improvement. Awesome @AuzzieMatt How is the swing feeling?

Thank you mate.

I feels a bit weird because I've been swinging the same wrong way for about 18 years.

I'm believing in what we're doing and am starting to see results and I'm really excited to see where this leads.

GAAHHHH, golf is so ******* hard and I suck!!

Obvs I had a lesson today, update tomorrow to give me time to process my suckage.

I may look into Goltec lessons over the winter…

This looks like
A journey of self discovery and , some panel beating along the way , before the shiny new swing does its thing 👍👍

GAAHHHH, golf is so ******* hard and I suck!!

Obvs I had a lesson today, update tomorrow to give me time to process my suckage.
Just remember no improvement is linear, there are going to be ups and downs. Stick with it and you’ll get back to the upward improvement.

OMG, feast your eyes on some suckage from yesterday or get the bleach ready.

Repeat of the same because undoing 18 years of wrong takes time.

Here is the before swing.

View attachment Before 10-21-23(1).mp4

Seeing that disaster, let's see what Deg says.

View attachment Analysis 1 10-21-23.mp4

Now it's the usual comparison that shows how bad it is...

View attachment Analysis 2 10-21-23.mp4

Working on a drill to get my hands more towards my trail thigh.

View attachment Analysis 3 10-21-23.mp4

Bring in the noodle...I really like having the noodle there.

View attachment Analysis 5 10-21-23.mp4

Getting the hang of it but a lot more work is needed.

View attachment Analysis 6 10-21-23.mp4

If you look at my swing in my first lesson, way back in post 36 https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/golftec-and-me.8955251/post-11712625 , you'll see that my left shoulder is turning around rather than going up, so to speak. If you look at Tour players, their chest kind of points to the sky in the follow through and that's the feeling that I need to have.

I jumped on my ST+ today because I couldn't get a time to play today and after dicking around and getting frustrated I started to try and get the "chest to the sky" on my follow through...damned if I wasn't hitting the ball a hell of a lot better. I need to plug that into the gray matter to see if I can keep doing it for my full swing shots.

That's a wrap on this weeks part of my journey.

OMG, feast your eyes on some suckage from yesterday or get the bleach ready.

Repeat of the same because undoing 18 years of wrong takes time.

Here is the before swing.

View attachment 9215604

Seeing that disaster, let's see what Deg says.

View attachment 9215605

Now it's the usual comparison that shows how bad it is...

View attachment 9215607

Working on a drill to get my hands more towards my trail thigh.

View attachment 9215609

Bring in the noodle...I really like having the noodle there.

View attachment 9215613

Getting the hang of it but a lot more work is needed.

View attachment 9215614

If you look at my swing in my first lesson, way back in post 36 https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/golftec-and-me.8955251/post-11712625 , you'll see that my left shoulder is turning around rather than going up, so to speak. If you look at Tour players, their chest kind of points to the sky in the follow through and that's the feeling that I need to have.

I jumped on my ST+ today because I couldn't get a time to play today and after dicking around and getting frustrated I started to try and get the "chest to the sky" on my follow through...damned if I wasn't hitting the ball a hell of a lot better. I need to plug that into the gray matter to see if I can keep doing it for my full swing shots.

That's a wrap on this weeks part of my journey.

@AuzzieMatt great work on the swing so far, it is really hard to reprogram a swing but keep putting in the work and it will get there.

It will be interesting to see how GT addresses your motion and sequence.

I'm excited, can you tell I'm excited...did I say I'm excited?

Lesson 6 yesterday and apparently, I may just be getting it.

Started off not so good by leaning too far forward, club too vertical, too much forward lean with the club, ball position etc.

View attachment Before 10-28-23.mp4

Deg let's me know what's wrong here.

View attachment Analysis 1 10-28-23.mp4

Next was better after a slight adjustment.

View attachment Analysis 2 10-28-23.mp4

Me vs Cory Connors...I think he's a bit better than me.

View attachment Analysis 3 10-28-23.mp4

This one the ball flight was just terrible, that's why Deg says oddly enough, but there's a lot that's going right in this one.

View attachment Analysis 4 10-28-23.mp4

This is why I'm excited...

View attachment Analysis 5 10-28-23.mp4

So much better than the before in this lesson.

View attachment Analysis 6 10-28-23.mp4

Yeah baby, full speed, I'm liking it a lot.

View attachment After 10-28-23.mp4

I do have a disappointment. I only have 3 lessons left, which will take me to the third week of November. I have to find a way of funding some more lessons because I'm excited.

This is making so much difference in my attitude to my game because I can see the positive results. Can you tell I'm excited?

Im Excited Gervonta Davis GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

I totally understand the feeling of progress, then regress, etc. As you said, it takes time to unlearn decades of bad swings. I'm still experiencing that lack of consistency, but the overall averages have improved.

Pretty impressive transformation.
Thank you, I appreciate that.
I totally understand the feeling of progress, then regress, etc. As you said, it takes time to unlearn decades of bad swings. I'm still experiencing that lack of consistency, but the overall averages have improved.
It sucks, but there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep at it mate, the results will
Come not in the speed you wish but , they will 😁

@AuzzieMatt that swing is transformed! I understand the difficulty you've gone through getting there. Be aware, you're going to revert at times, but stick with it. Example - I completely dumped a good portion of what I'd changed prior to Ballyhack and have spent the last 2+ months trying to get back. Having these videos to look back on will be so useful.

A week late but here it is.

You know what you shouldn't do? Take a golf lesson after spending a couple of hours replacing a sump pump.

IT WAS TERRIBLE.

Here's the before swing.

View attachment Before 11-04-23.mp4

I look so awkward to me.

Oh my chicken wing/elbow separation.

View attachment Analysis 1 11-04-23.mp4

And there's the wing!

View attachment Analysis 2 11-04-23.mp4

Right or trail arm too turned over, not a good setup at all.

View attachment Analysis 3 11-04-23.mp4

Not great, but better. Also better right wrist extension.

View attachment Analysis 4 11-04-23.mp4

A little bit better.

View attachment Analysis 5 11-04-23.mp4

After video, full speed one.

View attachment After 11-04-23.mp4

After about 50%...still got the wing.

View attachment After 11-04-23 2.mp4

Again, not a great day because I was hurting from the plumbing repairs I did right up until I had to leave for my lesson. But I'm very happy with my progress so far.

I am enjoying the **** out of this process and how things are going for you.

Matt, this has really come a long way in a short time!

I am enjoying the **** out of this process and how things are going for you.

Matt, this has really come a long way in a short time!

That means more to me than I can say, thank you both very very much.

I'm not 100% sure so I'll have to check because it may just be the way their system shows it, but it looks as though someone bought 5 more lessons on my account. I'm not holding my breath because that would be AWESOME. If it's not true, I'll be working out some way of being able to afford more lessons from Golftec.

Spoiler for today's lesson...we had so much fun and almost everything was clicking, it was also AWESOME.

That means more to me than I can say, thank you both very very much.

I'm not 100% sure so I'll have to check because it may just be the way their system shows it, but it looks as though someone bought 5 more lessons on my account. I'm not holding my breath because that would be AWESOME. If it's not true, I'll be working out some way of being able to afford more lessons from Golftec.

Spoiler for today's lesson...we had so much fun and almost everything was clicking, it was also AWESOME.
Has your shot shape changed?

Has your shot shape changed?
Yes, a lot. I can still slice the ever loving out of it.

However, most of the time it's a draw and a miss is more of a straight push.

Yes, a lot. I can still slice the ever loving out of it.

However, most of the time it's a draw and a miss is more of a straight push.
Yea, you're going to have those swings where you revert. It's just unavoidable. I always, for whatever reason, find that when I leave it open and push the ball is also when I hit the ball the hardest.

Back