I had what could be my second last lesson for the time being yesterday and it was every adjective you could possibly use including awesome and en fuego.

Here is the before swing to start the lesson. Not great, still a bit too vertical and there's the wing.

View attachment Before 11-11-23.mp4

The usual issue, I HAVE to get my hands lower and more forward.

View attachment Analysis 1 11-11-23.mp4

I'll never be a Rory but I'll get in the shadow!!

View attachment Analysis 2 11-11-23.mp4

Still a bit too vertical, dammit, but I do a Brooks move! Also, Deg mentions all of you watching...

View attachment Analysis 3 11-11-23.mp4

Rickie!! Nope, not like him either but maybe I can get a bit closer. My wrists need to get the message!

View attachment Analysis 4 11-11-23.mp4

Brooks...I'm getting closer and my wrists are listening!!

View attachment Analysis 5 11-11-23.mp4

An additional swing where everything just clicked and it was so cool.

View attachment Additional 11-11-23.mp4

Another additional swing. I was not swinging hard at all and actually picked up 10mph of ball speed. Who knew you didn't have to swing hard to swing fast?? 🙃

View attachment Additional 2 11-11-23.mp4

Driver, just because. Nice draw about 240 and less than a yard off the centre of the fairway...as Macca's says, I'm lovin' it!

View attachment Driver 11-11-23.mp4

This was, by far, the best lesson yet. We just had fun the whole time and talked about everything including not golf. The music was pumping and I wish I could have just stayed there another couple of hours.

I just love the evolution of my swing.

I can't thank THP, Golftec and SkyTrack enough for this, I'm so looking forward to playing and practicing more now that I'm on the right path to a good functional, repeatable swing.

This has been a great follow since you started and I thank you for documenting it all!! Changed my mind on GolfTec entirely.

This has been a great follow since you started and I thank you for documenting it all!! Changed my mind on GolfTec entirely.
Thank you mate.

I probably had some preconceived ideas about them as well because of someone I know personally that's been going to his local one for at least 10 years and is still a 24 cap.

But, I think it depends on you and the instructor you have. Degnan and I click, which I think counts for a lot. And I want to get better through these and additional lessons because you can only go so far doing it yourself, so my attitude towards lessons has completely changed.

I had what could be my second last lesson for the time being yesterday and it was every adjective you could possibly use including awesome and en fuego.

Here is the before swing to start the lesson. Not great, still a bit too vertical and there's the wing.

View attachment 9221035

The usual issue, I HAVE to get my hands lower and more forward.

View attachment 9221036

I'll never be a Rory but I'll get in the shadow!!

View attachment 9221037

Still a bit too vertical, dammit, but I do a Brooks move! Also, Deg mentions all of you watching...

View attachment 9221038

Rickie!! Nope, not like him either but maybe I can get a bit closer. My wrists need to get the message!

View attachment 9221039

Brooks...I'm getting closer and my wrists are listening!!

View attachment 9221040

An additional swing where everything just clicked and it was so cool.

View attachment 9221041

Another additional swing. I was not swinging hard at all and actually picked up 10mph of ball speed. Who knew you didn't have to swing hard to swing fast?? 🙃

View attachment 9221043

Driver, just because. Nice draw about 240 and less than a yard off the centre of the fairway...as Macca's says, I'm lovin' it!

View attachment 9221044

This was, by far, the best lesson yet. We just had fun the whole time and talked about everything including not golf. The music was pumping and I wish I could have just stayed there another couple of hours.

I just love the evolution of my swing.

I can't thank THP, Golftec and SkyTrack enough for this, I'm so looking forward to playing and practicing more now that I'm on the right path to a good functional, repeatable swing.
Looking really good!

Your swing is dramatically improved. From your posture thru the entire swing it is impressive progress. You've connected with a very good instructor. He honestly critiques your swing and points out the good as well as the faults. I'm envious of your progress.

I haz the sad.

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Today was my last lesson from the SkyTrak Experience. I was actually dreading this day and it went so quickly, which kind of made it worse. However, this will NOT be the end of my Golftec journey, I WILL find a way to get more lessons because this has been just the best and an absolute blessing.

You ready for some stuff because I have some stuff.

Before, not to awful bad, a little vertical but better than when I started.

View attachment Before 11-18-23.mp4

Shoulders and hips look good. Too vertical! Chicken wing OMFG!!!

View attachment Analysis 1 11-18-23.mp4

Rickie!!! How bad is that? At 6 I suck and have no low point control.

View attachment Analysis 2 11-18-23.mp4

Not bad but need to straighten the right arm and thumbs...like casting a fishing rod.

View attachment Analysis 3 11-18-23.mp4

CH3, why does he torture me? P7 is better but oh my gosh, there goes my hopes of being on the Champions Tour!

View attachment Analysis 4 11-18-23.mp4

Working on "half" swings to try and ingrain straight arms and low point control. My "1/2" swing feels to me like 1/4.

View attachment Analysis 5 11-18-23.mp4

No wing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment Analysis 5.5 11-18-23.mp4

Should be 1/2 swing... 😬

View attachment Analysis 6 11-18-23.mp4

Now I'm getting a bit emotional...

This is my very first swing at Golftec Fairlawn. 08/23/23.

View attachment Before 08-23-23.mp4

This is one of my last, 11/18/23.

View attachment After 11-18-23.mp4

Holy ****, can you see the difference? I can see it, can you see it??

I'm so thankful to Golftec, SkyTrak and THP for this journey.

I was pretty skeptical of lessons from Golftec because I thought they were just another cookie cutter swing this swing outfit, but my journey has certainly changed my mind. My coach/instructor/Yoda Degnan is such a good dude and teacher, I just want to keep going and doing the things I need to do to produce the results I know are in there somewhere.

This has been a journey...but it hasn't finished yet, it's just started!

BTW

86iklg.jpg

@AuzzieMatt The change between that first swing and the latest one is huge. The first one looks much longer and that you were swinging much harder if that makes sense, maybe just more violent. While the latest one seems much smoother.

How have your distance and dispersion changed in this time?

The difference is huge! Nicely done with this - really enjoyed following along.

@AuzzieMatt The change between that first swing and the latest one is huge. The first one looks much longer and that you were swinging much harder if that makes sense, maybe just more violent. While the latest one seems much smoother.

How have your distance and dispersion changed in this time?

Thank you. Distance is just a touch, maybe 5 yards longer, but the dispersion has tightened up a lot.

And yes, my swing was violent before. I actually gained ball speed swinging smoother over swinging hard.

Thank you. Distance is just a touch, maybe 5 yards longer, but the dispersion has tightened up a lot.

And yes, my swing was violent before. I actually gained ball speed swinging smoother over swinging hard.
That is super impressive. Well done.

Big improvement, man. Definitely keep the lessons going if you are able.

Well done! Big progress! So looking forward to mine!

I haz the sad.

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Today was my last lesson from the SkyTrak Experience. I was actually dreading this day and it went so quickly, which kind of made it worse. However, this will NOT be the end of my Golftec journey, I WILL find a way to get more lessons because this has been just the best and an absolute blessing.

You ready for some stuff because I have some stuff.

Before, not to awful bad, a little vertical but better than when I started.

View attachment 9222420

Shoulders and hips look good. Too vertical! Chicken wing OMFG!!!

View attachment 9222421

Rickie!!! How bad is that? At 6 I suck and have no low point control.

View attachment 9222422

Not bad but need to straighten the right arm and thumbs...like casting a fishing rod.

View attachment 9222423

CH3, why does he torture me? P7 is better but oh my gosh, there goes my hopes of being on the Champions Tour!

View attachment 9222424

Working on "half" swings to try and ingrain straight arms and low point control. My "1/2" swing feels to me like 1/4.

View attachment 9222425

No wing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 9222427

Should be 1/2 swing... 😬

View attachment 9222429

Now I'm getting a bit emotional...

This is my very first swing at Golftec Fairlawn. 08/23/23.

View attachment 9222431

This is one of my last, 11/18/23.

View attachment 9222430

Holy ****, can you see the difference? I can see it, can you see it??

I'm so thankful to Golftec, SkyTrak and THP for this journey.

I was pretty skeptical of lessons from Golftec because I thought they were just another cookie cutter swing this swing outfit, but my journey has certainly changed my mind. My coach/instructor/Yoda Degnan is such a good dude and teacher, I just want to keep going and doing the things I need to do to produce the results I know are in there somewhere.

This has been a journey...but it hasn't finished yet, it's just started!

BTW

86iklg.jpg

What an awesome freaking post @AuzzieMatt !! Well done!

A bit of an interesting update.

Today I went for my club fitting. You can choose if you want driver or irons and I chose driver because I'm struggling with mine.

You will not believe what I was fit into shaft wise, even Deg said there was no way he'd even would have considered that shaft for me. But, I had hit it there previously and was hitting it very well.

So, after the new year I'll be obtaining a new driver.

Driver Ball Speed Back Spin Launch Angle Total Distance

Current
TSr2 11° Shaft: HZRDUS Black 60g 5.5 132 3129 18.11 231.6

Incoming

ST-G 9.5° Shaft: HZRDUS Smoke Green RDX 60g 6.5 137 2750 14.45 247.1

Yeah, a 6.5 flex shaft.

Deg said I'm an anomaly...I say I'm just weird.

Today I went for my club fitting. You can choose if you want driver or irons and I chose driver because I'm struggling with mine.

You will not believe what I was fit into shaft wise, even Deg said there was no way he'd even would have considered that shaft for me. But, I had hit it there previously and was hitting it very well.

Current

Incoming

Yeah, a 6.5 flex shaft.

Woah thats a big boy shaft haha. Kind of shocking for that kind of ball speed but hey whatever works it brought the launch and spin down for you!

Woah thats a big boy shaft haha. Kind of shocking for that kind of ball speed but hey whatever works it brought the launch and spin down for you!
That's why he was a bit shocked. Everything with my swing says I shouldn't hit that shaft.

Current

Incoming

Yeah, a 6.5 flex shaft.

That's awesome man! Goes to show that fitting is important!!

So much good stuff @AuzzieMatt.

I have been going back into my golftec videos that last couple of weeks. Had a lesson there this last week and didn't jive with the coach I tried. My old coach set up his own spot but it is too far from my house to do lessons with him. Going to try the other guy at the closest golftec to see if he is a better fit. There's another one the other direction that is suppose to have a pretty good coach as well I might try out.

Great thread @AuzzieMatt - congrats on the improvement.

For me, I learn/understand better when I get a certain "feel" rather than hearing an overtechnical swing position. When my friend's start talking about technical swing moves, I tend to tune it out.

Were you more of a technical swing person heading in? Do you think a feel type player would get as much out of it?

Great thread @AuzzieMatt - congrats on the improvement.

For me, I learn/understand better when I get a certain "feel" rather than hearing an overtechnical swing position. When my friend's start talking about technical swing moves, I tend to tune it out.

Were you more of a technical swing person heading in? Do you think a feel type player would get as much out of it?
I'm a feel person as well. I did have to interpret what Deg was saying into what I thought I should be feeling and run it back at him to make sure I was getting it right in my own head.

We had issues with that at first but he realised that's how I worked and we clicked worked it out.

I think that's something to ask a new coach to make sure they understand how you learn.

I'm a feel person as well. I did have to interpret what Deg was saying into what I thought I should be feeling and run it back at him to make sure I was getting it right in my own head.

We had issues with that at first but he realised that's how I worked and we clicked worked it out.

I think that's something to ask a new coach to make sure they understand how you learn.
Good to hear. Will keep an eye on the GolfTec threads - some really good info being shared.

Quality thread and review mate, so glad you got to improve and see those improvements on camera and out on the course.

Really hope you can find the way to keep it going, VN won't know what's hit!

Well done.Funny enough I never heard of golftechs.Have to research them

Current

Incoming

Yeah, a 6.5 flex shaft.

Maybe it’s the shirts 😜😁

Back