I've spent a number of years on that forum and have been disappointed with the recent direction and moderating there. I've spent a few weeks lurking here and it looks like a better fit for me.

I've been fortunate enough to play a significant number of courses around the US and hope to be able to provide some benefit in the travel sub-forum every once in a while.

welcome to THP! Jump in and have some fun.

I've spent a number of years on that forum and have been disappointed with the recent direction and moderating there. I've spent a few weeks lurking here and it looks like a better fit for me.

I've been fortunate enough to play a significant number of courses around the US and hope to be able to provide some benefit in the travel sub-forum every once in a while.
Welcome! This is a great place!

Welcome to :thp:, you’ll love it here. Greatest Golf community there is.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!!

@mts25 were you banned on WRX?

Welcome to :thp:. Hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome. It’s a fun place.

Welcome to THP, hope this remains a better fit for you

@mts25 were you banned on WRX?

I was not, but I saw others that seemed to be consistently good regular posters who were (not banned but got suspended or had posts deleted) and had some offline conversations with them. The moderators there seem a bit heavy handed and infantile at times and there is simply too much drama there for my tastes. Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but I have no interest in that stuff.

Good Luck. THP is a special place.

I did the same a few years ago. The Richard Edwards over there got old!

:welcome: :drinks:

:welcome:

I was not, but I saw others that seemed to be consistently good regular posters who were (not banned but got suspended or had posts deleted) and had some offline conversations with them. The moderators there seem a bit heavy handed and infantile at times and there is simply too much drama there for my tastes. Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but I have no interest in that stuff.
I’ve been part of many, many online forums, dating back to the dial-up BBS days, and I feel pretty safe in saying this is the best moderated forum I’ve ever been a part of. The mods here are way more than fair, and if somebody manages to get themselves suspended or banned, they had plenty of notice that it was coming and plenty of opportunities to keep it from happening.

The rules here are so simple and straightforward - don’t be a Dick, and keep politics out of discussions. I think you’ll find that this is a very positive, fun community with a lot of great people and amazing camaraderie.

Welcome to the fam!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome aboard. Definitely a different vibe here than there. I think you'll like it here.

Hey, welcome to THP! It's great to have you.

There are some good people over there just the same, having met several of their staff before. I have no ill feelings towards that community as they're just trying to float on the internet just like we are.

That being said, it's awesome to have you here!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP from another refugee. :)
It's nice here, much different than the other place!

Back