Goodbye to an old friend

Adorable :act-up:

Sorry to hear about this Smallie.

Sorry to hear about such a great loss. This time last year I was made redundant which was bad, but at Christmas I had to have my 14 yr old Dalmatian put down and that was far worse than losing my job. He was a rescue dog that we rehomed and was a huge part of the family. I know exactly how it feels. At the moment we are debating whether or not to rehome a 3yr old Boxer and the jury is still out. I'm glad you found another dog and hope he brings enormous joy.

I know what you are going through, had to put my 13 year old Boxer Tigger down in Feb. ( yes he was very old for a boxer) I still look for him and swear I can hear the collar jingle...

Glad to hear you got a new puppy. Charlie looks like a good one.

So sorry to hear about your loss Smalls.

aw man...I just saw this. My deepest condolences to you Smallie. I'm a HUGE animal lover and reading stuff like this always chokes me up. Our dog is 12 years old and was just diagnosed with lymes disease after a slight limp turned into him barely able to walk. He has been on meds for 2 weeks and was totally fine...until the other day when he jumped to grab his ball and when he came down cried out and immediately started limping badly again but now the other leg. He is heading back to the doctors and I'm worried what the diagnosis will be. He has many fatty tumors all over that are growing and I believe the one in particular is interfering with his leg. I think he is too old for surgery so I fear there may be nothing we can do.

Having had a lifetime of dogs and having to say goodbye eventually...I know how you feel right now. Its good you got another puppy. I always think thats the best medicine for a hole in your heart.

Three years ago today we had to put Bandit down. About the hardest thing I ever had to do. Miss you, baby boy. It's funny that we see a lot of Bandit in the new dog. Size ain't one of them, Charlie is a freaking horse.

Get pet insurance!

This is the paw print the people at MedVet made for us.

banditpawprint_zpscbe16e05.jpg

I'm going to get pet insurance now it's sad man, I hope you are ok

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Really sorry about your loss Smalls. I know it hurts and I'm happy for the good news you posted.

I know exactly how you feel Smallville, we had to put Chance down December 20, 2005 and we still miss him. We adopted Petey on the 23rd of December from ARF. I really never knew about pet insurance until reading it today. Thank you for the heads up.

Sorry to hear bro. I've been down this route plenty of times and it is never fun. I really enjoyed reading the part you wrote when you said it was "peaceful" because from my experience it really is. Behind all the tears and sadness it's nice knowing that your pet / friend is no longer suffering. It gets to a point where it's almost not fair to them to try to get them alive in so much pain. Once again sorry to hear.

Wasn't around when this post originally was made, but I'm very sorry man. I lost my first dog almost 7 years ago (8/20/04), and it was super difficult for me to deal with. I'm sorry for your loss, but it's great how well things were taken care of for you.

Bandit will always live on in your memories, I know Bear lives on in mine. They are both in a better place.

Sorry to hear that Smalls, glad you found a future playmate for Tara.

I remember this, I know it was a very tough time. Enjoy that new pup, buddy.

Bandit was a very good looking dog.

THPing on Tapatalk

Also check with your employer. My new employer has a group rate for discounted insurance at VPI. So sorry for your loss. I know I will be a wreck when either of my two furbabies get there. They are 6 and 5 right now.

Back