Graphite Shaft Color

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So lets say you work at a shaft company and have the ability to make any color driver shaft you want (or a THPer that gets to do this). THPer Nate and I were having this conversation last week about our favorite colors for graphite shafts. I had not thought a lot about it and now I cant stop thinking about it.

So what's your favorite color on the graphite shaft?

Really like the highlighter yellow look (ie: AD-MT and Hzrdus)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's dependent on the head color. For me it has to work together. That being said the Matté black shafts are pretty awesome.

Depending on the head color a "white out" shaft color would be a good one.

Also a fan of the bright yellow that are out there in a few spots

I really like the gunmetal finish on the Recoils

For me, it depends on the color of the head. The all matte black look would be cool for the XR or GBB or a white shaft to match the M1. Something like that. If there are accents in the head, too like the blue in the XR, going with the same blue in the shaft would look cool. The more colors, the better. I could be convinced to play some crazy colors.

I like white or black. I want to use an obnoxiously bright colored shaft as well. Yellow, pink, green, or purple. Something bold.

I like the White shafts.
Also think color combinations of Orange/Black, Blue/Black, and Yellow and black would be pretty cool

Like others said it has to get along with the head but I love loud and obnoxious shaft colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like white or black. I want to use an obnoxiously bright colored shaft as well. Yellow, pink, green, or purple. Something bold.
I'm right there with ya dude. I like black or white but I'd throw a bright neon color in there in a heart beat.

It depends on the head color as most have said, if I was designing for my R15 white? I'd have the shaft matte black with red and white lettering, other driver heads would be different.... would love to see a reverse nike vapor shaft color, lime green with that blue lettering, would be insane

On one hand I love all black with muted graphics. I think it just screams powerful.

On the other hand I love bright bold colors like the THP green or HZRDUS yellow.

I'm a sucker for white or black, leaning towards white. I also like to have the odd bold color like orange or a sharp blue.

I want something that sticks out such as yellow or maybe turquoise.

On one hand I love all black with muted graphics. I think it just screams powerful.

On the other hand I love bright bold colors like the THP green or HZRDUS yellow.
I think the Aldila RIP Alpha is one of the best looking shafts ever made.

A muted silver or grey to look like a steel shaft

I'm a big fan of black and white.

Although I think a blue or purple shaft would be pretty sweet as well.

Wouldn't have guessed it but the blue that Chump Fries has is just incredible.

Besides that I would do a matte green or matte white.

So lets say you work at a shaft company and have the ability to make any color driver shaft you want (or a THPer that gets to do this). THPer Nate and I were having this conversation last week about our favorite colors for graphite shafts. I had not thought a lot about it and now I cant stop thinking about it.

So what's your favorite color on the graphite shaft?

Prefer it to be simple, maybe with just a bit of pop.

Loved the old Vista Tour shafts that were an ion finish, add a splash of color and you have a winner!

As with everything else, I need more blue and orange in my life. Either one of those I love the look of on a shaft.

I think the ping tour 65 is pretty cool looking. It's almost a steel shaft chrome look.

I'd like a matte black shaft. Also really like the recoils that I currently have.

Burnt Orange, don't know why but it appeals to my eyes!

I like a dark blue with red lettering. But I'm also into yellow, pink, neon green.

Matte black, or something wild and crazy.

Back