Great American Total Solar Eclipse: Your plans

What a letdown. Very cloudy here. It is getting dark though.

What a letdown. Very cloudy here. It is getting dark though.

Yeah, that was disappointing.

Clouds rolled in and completely obscured everything about 10 minutes before the peak.

it was pretty overcast here, but i think it's going to start clearing up. i think our full tilt is a little before 3pm.

I see zero chance of a clear view. Looking at at the huge clouds while I wait for my plane

Its clear skies here and still sunny but I don't have the special glasses so I can't see anything. Kind of silly

It got super dark here for about a minute and it was pretty freaking cool. However there is a little cloud so I didn't get to see much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're about 1/2way to the 65% we're getting here. It looks really cool through the glasses. But it won't get any darker here - not enough blockage.

I hope I do ruin the camera hahaha. this is awesome.

ac92432f30ff1d80d78e2480d196a4c1.png

6a186a1f195b30bc84078792c63d668d.jpg
7a5f31fba79dc59198a59871e4cc1a90.jpg

To cloudy here, caught just a few glimpses of it

Had 90% coverage here. Pretty neat. Cooled off and got twilight darkish. Will travel to a totality zone in 2024 just to experience it once.

Towards the end
7db6aee79dbf2991b45ea17a68d99b17.jpg

Ok, that was pretty awesome. Total coverage here for 58 seconds. Seeing the corona during the totality was definitely awe-inspiring. Not something you can describe. You just have to see it.

A lot of clouds in Kansas City but it cleared up pretty nice for us....we had a big work party with pizza, beer, and music going....pretty cool but was over in a hurry!

and while it was great, not sure Id ever take the day off and drive like 12 hours each way for something like it

84096fde5c223efd4386e9568e53d422.jpg

f289b15411076ef7b0bf2674a2f075ff.jpg

2339256b5b53df9436d6ad95bb1a7f5c.jpg

Got a little cloudy but it helped the pics show a bit better, couldn't get anything in totality tho. It was clear out then and you could really see it well! Pretty cool!

I see zero chance of a clear view. Looking at at the huge clouds while I wait for my plane

perfect view. not a cloud in the sky. my wife ran up some glasses so everyone in my office could see it. it's still really light outside, pretty much what it always looks like at 3pm. but it was cool to see it through the glasses.

Co-Worker brought solar glasses. Not a cloud in the sky here. Pretty cool. Sun looked like a crescent moon.

Very cool experience. Huge cloud blew in minutes before we got to see 88% max coverage, but it was awesome following from the beginning. TV coverage was a like much though.

I would say I wouldn't travel to watch the next one, but 2024 is going right across me too, so I don't have too.

and while it was great, not sure Id ever take the day off and drive like 12 hours each way for something like it

2024 will hit totality in northern ohio. You're good to go.

I would say I wouldn't travel to watch the next one, but 2024 is going right across me too, so I don't have too.

No way I would. It was cool but not take off of work cool.

Next one comes straight through Indianapolis. That makes my plans really easy.

One of the most moving sights I have ever seen. Didn't breathe for two minutes. Spectacular.

Apparently this isn't a popular view, but I was horribly underwhelmed by the whole thing. It just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe it would have been slightly cooler in an area where it was 100%, but it was just another eclipse to me.

One of the most moving sights I have ever seen. Didn't breathe for two minutes. Spectacular.

my, what impressive lung capacity you have!

Back