Halfway through 2018...are you closer to achieving your golf goals?

If I made formal goals for 2018, I didn't write them down anywhere that I can find them quickly.

My constant goal is to get back into single digits and I'm hanging in the 10s (although that's about to move in the wrong direction since my next six rounds are coming off the index). I haven't played nearly as much as I would have liked, due to a lot of rainy spring weekends and waking up and not wanting to spend 4+ hours with strangers.

Playing with some old THP friends and making some new ones this fall (as I check off three more states) will probably help, but I have to get through the summer first!

Still having fun. But i haven't bought new irons yet. So I guess im 50% thru my goals this year.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Ha - so no coming back to the Glade for a laugh-a-thon again? Do we gotta be all serious now? I don’t know if I can do that!

(And fantastic - keep up the good mojo!)

Oh, laugh-a-thon's are never off the table.

And there is no way I would have believed you if you told me you could be serious.

I've surpassed my initial goals so...
New goal for end of 2018. This is going to be a personal challenge for me.
1. I want to hit at least one 10 Usga handicap.
2. I want to shoot sub 80.
(there, I've said it. For me at least half the battle is stating the challenge.)

After a long break from the game I took it back up. My goal this summer was to break 100. I’ve done that the last 2 times out. My next goal is to tame my putter and break 90. I think it’s very doable . I believe my golf goals are right on track.

I have reached my goal.

Goal was for an index of 2 and because I won't play again until the next update, I'll hit 1.9 on the 15th.

I feel strangely anxious and intimidated as if thinking I don't measure up to the number, but I'm psyched nonetheless!

yes, then no, then yes, then no again.

I just want to stay within my swing. I start trying to kill the ball and get all discombooberated.

Finally got the index into single digits with this mornings revision so the primary goal for this year has been achieved. Pretty much got there with three really good sub 80 rounds at the home track this season.

Still a lot of work to do with the secondary goals of improving consistency & developing a game that travels better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Not quite, but trending in the right direction.

My goal for the end of this season was to hit a 90 / 18 handicap, had a chance to break it last weekend but didn't quite make it. Ended up with a 20

I'm really happy where my game is at currently.

It's the 'official' first day of summer and we're a little over halfway through 2018 so I took a look at my golf goals to assess where I currently stand. My two goals for 2018 are:

- Get to a 5 index and maintain it
- Shoot even par
- Play golf w/ Nate

Taking an honest look at where I stand I think I'm actually going the other direction, but I'm confident I'll achieve both of these goals eventually. How about you? Are you moving the right direction? Are you stagnating? Going backwards? I'm interested to hear where everyone else is at!

You will get at least one of those goals accomplished by the end of August......just a hunch. :D

My golf goals are really back half loaded in 18. Have a few golf trips coming up in August/Sept so want to be playing my best come time. Only played 5 rounds so far this summer but now that I'm picking up my play I'm trying to break the 70 mark sometime before the end of the year. All of this of course leading up to defending our championship out at Horseshoe Bay later in November. Good couple of months for me coming up.

Broke 70 finally. One of my big goals. Also, my handicap is lower than my goal was. So those are wins.

I'm getting there! My ball striking has been great, now just need to work on not closing the face at impact. Shores have been steadily dropping the last couple weeks and I ended my round Friday with 5 pars in a row. Hope to break 40 on a 9 before the end of the year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

With todays HC revision I have reached a goal for the year, 5.6 HC.

It's the 'official' first day of summer and we're a little over halfway through 2018 so I took a look at my golf goals to assess where I currently stand. My two goals for 2018 are:

- Get to a 5 index and maintain it
- Shoot even par

Taking an honest look at where I stand I think I'm actually going the other direction, but I'm confident I'll achieve both of these goals eventually. How about you? Are you moving the right direction? Are you stagnating? Going backwards? I'm interested to hear where everyone else is at!

My goals were:

Consistently shoot in 70s

7.0 hdcp

Even Par round

I feel like everything is achievable

Yes. I finally started seeing a swing coach last fall after getting myself in just a miserable place. He completely rebuilt my swing into a “baseball swing.” Changed my grip. Changed my posture. Changed my backswing. I mean he changed EVERYTHING. It was a struggle for the longest time during this change. It finally came together the last two weeks. I shot a 10 over last Monday. The lowest score I have ever had. Totally coming together. Finally!

Two goals for the year were to get the cap into the 11's by the end of the year (trending to a 12.3 from 13.5 so going in right direction)

2nd was to make improvements in gir and fir over last year. So far this one has been achieved but still 3 months till the end of our season.

With today’s revision I’m now in the 11’s.

Happy to be playing better golf.

2018 goals;
1- Not be a bummer to golf with - check (I'd say?)
2- Hole in one - pending, naturally
3- Finish under par in Club Championship - failed

Pleased to say I'm more than on track.

I set a goal in March when my HC was 32.0 to get down to 22.0 by September.

Currently ar 22.6.

Cautiously optimistic that the upper teens will be within grasp fairly soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My biggest goal was breaking 80 at my home course and I've done it three times this year. Getting my index under 6 is a bit aggressive but there's still plenty of golf to be played in '18.

There is one goal I finally accomplished. I use to struggle with slicing until this year. I fixed that.

Back