bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
its new years eve
what are some good day after drinking cures?

Don't stop.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

That a boy due!!! If I can get a beer down along with a McD's breakfast burrito I am in good shape.

Yep, there's medicinal properties in the pacante sauce.

you guys start the new year off right... hhahaa

i hear scrambled eggs the next day and a whole lot of water before bed works

Ive found theres no cure for drinking too much wine. That stuff is evil.

denny's cures all!
Spoiler
if you can keep it down

I'm with Duey. You've gotta bite the dog that bit ya.

You've gotta replenish your electrolytes for recovery. You can chug on some Gatorade/Powerade or eat some banannas. You could just mix some booze with Gatorade and take a preemptive strike for your night of fun.

If you have any Tylenol 3 with Codeine, that stuff will prevent any hangover. Take just before passing out.

If you have any Tylenol 3 with Codeine, that stuff will prevent any hangover. Take just before passing out.

Can you buy that stuff or do you need to visit the Dr with servere "pain"?

32 oz of H2O and 4 Tylenol before going to bed.
If you have dreams of going to the bathroom, you better wake up. LOL!

Can you buy that stuff or do you need to visit the Dr with servere "pain"?

I used to love it whenever they would prescribe it to me (nose surgery, wisdom teeth, etc.) because I would never use it. Heck I went out to drink and drown that night after I had my wisdom teeth taken out earlier in the day. I would save my Tylenol 3 w/Codeine for those nights I overdid it.

Eh, just gut it out for a bit and it will go away. 2 advil in the morning and some water work for me.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

I used to love it whenever they would prescribe it to me (nose surgery, wisdom teeth, etc.) because I would never use it. Heck I went out to drink and drown that night after I had my wisdom teeth taken out earlier in the day. I would save my Tylenol 3 w/Codeine for those nights I overdid it.

I had all 4 of mine dug out while I was in HS and it just plain sucked. Probably one of the worst experiences ever as Ive never really broken anything or had any major surgeries. But they gave me some little pill that did wonders on the pain.

I had all 4 of mine dug out while I was in HS and it just plain sucked. Probably one of the worst experiences ever as Ive never really broken anything or had any major surgeries. But they gave me some little pill that did wonders on the pain.

same here!

a bottle or 2 of gatorade before you pass out, and a mcdonalds double cheeseburger in the morning.

It has been said but +1 on gatoraid the night the before and then something greasy the next morning. I leave a big gatoraid and a multivitamin on my bedside table before I go out, then when I stumble into bed I see the bottle and think "Man, sober is Ben is a great guy!"

I'll disagree with this one Smallville. Sorry!

1. Tylenol #3 only lasts about 8 hours, so it will be out of your system by the morning if you really pass out
2. Tylenol + Alcohol = BAD liver. Not that doing it once will kill you, but done with any regularity you are setting yourself up for MAJOR problems.

The best thing you can do for a hangover is take 2 aleve (naproxen) before you go to bed (no liver problems, works for 12 hours), and drink 32 ounces of gatorade in the hour or so before you go to bed (and after your last alcoholic drink).

Hangovers are 90% dehydration that occurs from the body using water to breakdown the alcohol. While drinking water throughout the night will help- most of it will get pee'd out over the course of the night. Drinking the water/gatorade right before you go to bed helps it hang around longer when you really need it... while your body clears all the alcohol out of your system.

Another important part about the hangover is that alcohol changes your sleep structure, and while you are "passed out" you rarely actually get any quality REM sleep. While alcohol may make you tired it actually prevents the body from actually sleeping. This is true of almost all "sleep " medications on the market too. They help you fall asleep but don't allow for as much regenerative sleep.

There is nothing you can really do about the wine hangover. It's a completely different problem based on several chemicals that are in wine that aren't in most other alcoholic beverages. Keep hydrated and pre-take medication and hope for the best. You may still have a groggy/headache but it will be much better that way.

Can I say again- if you drink with any regularity PLEASE don't use Tylenol. Please. Take Ibuprofen (Motrin) or Naproxen (Aleve) and leave the tylenol in the bottle.

Edit: Tylenol is in a TON of products. Look for the ingredient 'acetaminophen' on the label. 'Acetaminophen' = Tylenol. I honestly believe that if Tylenol were to come to market now, that it wouldn't be approved. Tylenol is the LEADING CAUSE of acute liver failure in the US.

Last edited:
Great Advice RxGus.

I'll disagree with this one Smallville. Sorry!

1. Tylenol #3 only lasts about 8 hours, so it will be out of your system by the morning if you really pass out
2. Tylenol + Alcohol = BAD liver. Not that doing it once will kill you, but done with any regularity you are setting yourself up for MAJOR problems.

The best thing you can do for a hangover is take 2 aleve (naproxen) before you go to bed (no liver problems, works for 12 hours), and drink 32 ounces of gatorade in the hour or so before you go to bed (and after your last alcoholic drink).
Hangovers are 90% dehydration that occurs from the body using water to breakdown the alcohol. While drinking water throughout the night will help- most of it will get pee'd out over the course of the night. Drinking the water/gatorade right before you go to bed helps it hang around longer when you really need it... while your body clears all the alcohol out of your system.

Another important part about the hangover is that alcohol changes your sleep structure, and while you are "passed out" you rarely actually get any quality REM sleep. While alcohol may make you tired it actually prevents the body from actually sleeping. This is true of almost all "sleep " medications on the market too. They help you fall asleep but don't allow for as much regenerative sleep.

There is nothing you can really do about the wine hangover. It's a completely different problem based on several chemicals that are in wine that aren't in most other alcoholic beverages. Keep hydrated and pre-take medication and hope for the best. You may still have a groggy/headache but it will be much better that way.

Can I say again- if you drink with any regularity PLEASE don't use Tylenol. Please. Take Ibuprofen (Motrin) or Naproxen (Aleve) and leave the tylenol in the bottle.

Edit: Tylenol is in a TON of products. Look for the ingredient 'acetaminophen' on the label. 'Acetaminophen' = Tylenol. I honestly believe that if Tylenol were to come to market now, that it wouldn't be approved. Tylenol is the LEADING CAUSE of acute liver failure in the US.

your setting me up to PEE the bed

I rarely take Tylenol actually. Aleve always seems to work better for me so Ive been taking it when needed.

I am a person that gets bad hangovers if I indulge too much and the only consistent prevention is taking 2 alka seltzers before I go to bed. I heard it from a friend, thought it sounded crazy but it has worked for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The best cure is have fun without getting drunk. I know that sounds dumb, but years of pool playing has taught me how to sip and take things slow.

I can't take most pain relievers, only Tylenol because of my blood thinner.

Back