Hardest Par 3 You've Played

2 at Isleworth is a pretty tricky par 3.
9FBF8D27-4B52-447F-9257-4997A2AF7D7D.jpeg
You have to thread this needle from whatever tees you play, to a raised green with little bailout. Once you get through the chute, you have a bit more room on the left than you thought, but it’s still not an easy 4, yet alone 3.

I’ve heard a lot of tree rattling when I’ve played this hole, and a lot of people have made 4 or higher. Let’s throw some wind into there too and really make people hate this game haha

2 at Isleworth is a pretty tricky par 3.
View attachment 9035474
You have to thread this needle from whatever tees you play, to a raised green with little bailout. Once you get through the chute, you have a bit more room on the left than you thought, but it’s still not an easy 4, yet alone 3.

I’ve heard a lot of tree rattling when I’ve played this hole, and a lot of people have made 4 or higher. Let’s throw some wind into there too and really make people hate this game haha

Tbh… 5th hole Par 3 on my home course is one of the tougher ones that I’ve played. No bunkers, no water, not a tree in sight…. And from the members point of view, none are needed.

It’s a straight away 230yd hole… gradual uphill all the way to a fairly small green and plays much longer than stated yardage.

Clubhouse is 40 yds off the right of the fairway. Green slopes back to front and also right to left.

Making bogie here is not unusual at all and making par feels like a birdie. While not ranked as one of the harder handicap holes on the course, it’s a bugger.

Hole 6 at Country Club of Buffalo. Don Ross must have had a bad day when designing this hole because if you don’t hit the green it’s very unlikely you’re not making par.

View attachment 9035454

Wow, that hole is phenomenal! I absolutely love when the old school architects use the topography like this. What an epic golf shot.

Mauna Kea #3 is the one that comes to mind. 205 yards from the blue tees and 272 yards from the tournament tees. It’s mostly carry and often very windy when I’ve played it which makes it as intimidating as it is beautiful. I played it from the tips once and the center of green carry distance over the ocean was 245 yards. :)

I was going to say the same! When I played it the wind was gusting and I hit driver from the tips! Felt like a 275 carry.

There are some great holes in here! I will add a good one. The 17th at the former Okemo Valley (now Fox Run) Golf Club. It plays 213 from the tips and it’s all over the water. The green is shallow and contoured, and misses short end up way below the surface. Long you have a tricky chip back down a slippery green.

5D184C8A-AB44-4C75-B4BC-4EE566C77FF1.jpegED8872B8-061D-4CD2-8B5C-4761EDD5A595.jpeg

I was going to say the same! When I played it the wind was gusting and I hit driver from the tips! Felt like a 275 carry.

I hit driver the day I played it from the tips and hit it well to finish just short and right of the green. :)

Cog hill Dubsdread hole 6 is up there. Longish par 3 with nowhere to miss and deep bunkers everywhere

Wow, that hole is phenomenal! I absolutely love when the old school architects use the topography like this. What an epic golf shot.
It is really the perfect hole. Quarry shot, usually 170 yards from the back tees and the wind blows in every direction

I haven’t played many tough courses, so I don’t have the best selection of difficult par three holes to choose from. The toughest one I’ve played, though, is at Turtle Hill in Muenster, TX.

If I recall correctly it measures about 135 yards from the tees we usually play. There’s probably a 70-80 foot drop from tee to green. Left and right are dead the whole way…heavily wooded. Same with long. It’s a hole where you essentially have to hit the green or you’re out of play. It’s a picturesque hole (despite the fact that I can’t find a picture of it) that is probably about a gimme birdie or par for good golfers. For us hackers that have a hard time hitting it straight, though, it’s a real ball breaker.

The hardest par 3 I've played was a 130 yarder at Meadowpark in Tacoma that has a forced carry over a ravine. Come on, a little chip shot with an 8i or a full 9i for me. I put three balls into the ravine before giving up on the hole. The last time I was at the driving range, the groundskeeper gave me a dozen Z-Stars he found in the ravine... they were in new condition. That's a hole you play Noodles on.

First runner up: And there was another one at Brookdale (now closed). A 120 yarder. I swear I'd lose a ball on that hole every single round. The lighting through the overhanging trees made it near impossible to see your ball. Chances are I shanked it into the poison oak way off to the right.

Second runner up: Another one is the 8th hole at High Cedars in Orting. 170 yds. If you hook it short left you're in the water. If you overdraw it proper, you're in a bunker from hell. If you land on the green above the hole, you're looking at a 3 putt. I want to dynamite that green. I have parred that hole once in 6 years. I have had more than 50% GIR on it. I hate that hole.

Which goes to show you don't need to travel to some famous course to find the impossible. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

16th Hole of Pines Course at International in Bolton, Mass.....From white tees plays about 200. From blues 225 and from back 275. But the difficulty is the green. It is sloped back to front severely and left to right severely. Even a GIR is a 50/50 to make par. Elevated tee with bunkers left and short. Over is an automatic bogey as it's impossible to keep your chip on the green.

2nd at Royal Dornoch, long ŵith narrow green and fall offs either side, think Watson had a quote about this hole

6D399355-6941-4E80-86D3-64813C050CDF.jpeg

Closest I’ll ever get amirite

This one at Brancepeth Castle GC is one of the toughest par 3 holes, and it is followed by another par 3 back across the ravine (although it is slightly shorter at just under 200yds)

Brancepeth Castle Hole 9

What you can't see on the video is that the slope to the left of the green has always been thick rough whenever I have played, so you have very little chance of your ball coming off the slope if you miss that way
Miss to the right and the green will potentially be so far above you that you can't even see the top of the flag

Yes hole 3 on the mnt course. Great hole
I have only played there once. And it's been so long ago I just don't remember much.

My buddy in Tucson lived behind a golf course that closed years ago (Sahuarita maybe?) Anyway, they had a par-3 that played about 230. It was wedge-shaped and at the green, it narrowed so that the desert was just left of the green and the cart path and OB wall was just right of the green. Add to the fact that it was always windy and it was a tough par-3!

I never tried to fly a ball to the green. I would hit a very low, running shot and hope to get just in front of the green or maybe on, take my 3 and GTFO!

Toss up between Mauna Kea #3 and Kiawah Island Ocean Course #17.

A few come to mind:

-Thanksgiving Point #17 in Lehi, UT. The green is big, but from anywhere but the front tees, it's anywhere from 167 to 250 yards all carry, and there is trouble everywhere. And the green is heavily sloped even once you're on. Can be a late round killer...
-Schuylkill CC #4, Orwigsburg, PA. I don't have a picture, but it's 177yards from the white tees, decently uphill, and a narrow green with 3 deep, nasty bunkers on both left and right. The only place OK to miss is short in the middle, and even that is no picnic if they put the pin in the back, because the green has a huge slope between tiers.

Thanksgiving Point #17
Hole%2017%20West.jpg

#3 at Wolf Creek is the only correct answer imo. 227 yards uphill (plays like 250). If you come up short the ball rolls backwards 50 yards into rocks. If you fly the ball to the green it almost certainly rolls through and down a hill into crap behind. It's honestly not really a fair hole. The day I played it, you could have given me a bucket of 100 balls and I would have hit the green with maybe 5 of them tops. I was hoping to just carry into a bunker and give myself a chance of getting up and in.

Number 8 at a local course, plays 280 from the very back tees.

#8 Ocean Course at Hammcok Beach. Straight up the hill and there can be where from no wind to 3-4 clubs of it into you.

Back