hardest weather to play in

Cold, windy, and raining conditions suck the most. I think that any of the 3 are OK by themselves, but together, I'd rather sit at home watching golf on TV.

Ironman tournament in Brainerd, MN 2009. Temps in the 20's and they used the sprinkler system to get the snow off the fairways, and turned everything to ice. They pulled all the stops to make sure it didn't get cancelled.

Cold would be number one. 50 degrees is about my low. Rain would be next. I can stand a little, as long as its warm. Wind.....I can take up to 20/25 mph. It is windy everyday in the summer in Indiana but not over 10/15 mph most days which is fine.

I see on TV all the time the videos of the "polar golf" tourneys where they play in snow, wearing very little, i dont know how people do it, im not a freeze baby but i do know that my body doesnt function with a golf swing when the temp is under 50

I hate playing when it is cold (below 45F) and windy. The wind just cuts right through you and makes it miserable. I hate cold weather in general and would much rather play in the heat. I will take sweating over shivering any day.

WIND!!!!!!

I hate playing when it is cold (below 45F) and windy. The wind just cuts right through you and makes it miserable. I hate cold weather in general and would much rather play in the heat. I will take sweating over shivering any day.

I'm with you. I can go out on a frozen lake and sit in a shanty all day ice fishing but I have no interest in golfing in the cold.

Wind/Cold/Rain. Worst!

cold without a doubt...i wish it was 95 every day (yet i live in the northeast, go figure)

tempuratures in the low/mid 40s with rain=A very miserable day.

cold without a doubt...i wish it was 95 every day (yet i live in the northeast, go figure)

I'm with you. I love the heat.

I'm with you. I love the heat.

thirded. I've played in 100 and humid, i've played in 28 and windy; I'll take hot and humid any day of the week.

cold 100%

I think hurricanes or tornadoes would be tough to play in. SO would earthquakes, but they're not weather.

Cold would be number one. 50 degrees is about my low. Rain would be next. I can stand a little, as long as its warm. Wind.....I can take up to 20/25 mph. It is windy everyday in the summer in Indiana but not over 10/15 mph most days which is fine.

I agree with the order here, I hate the could but I will play anytime the greens are not frozen, rain I will play if it is not coming down in buckets and of course no lightening can be present, wind when it gets to the 30 mph and better range it is just not worth playing in if you are trying to score, however for fun I will play in it too. When playing with good friends I guess I can endure just about anything.

thirded. I've played in 100 and humid, i've played in 28 and windy; I'll take hot and humid any day of the week.

+2. I love the hot & dry late summer weather. I'll take hot anyday.

As far as the 'hardest weather to play in', I would say for me, high winds at any temperature, but obviously cold is worse than hot. Its just so unpredictable what the ball will do when it leaves the club. Not to mention that many times it can be a struggle just to stand still enough to make a good swing.

I can play in the cold, I can play in the rain, but the most miserable weather to play in for me is a cold rain. Throw some wind in there and I'll just stay home.

Yes! Hot sweaty golf is much better than freezing cold golf.

For me it's definatley cold. I've got arthritis so the cold makes my hands ache to begin with, then to hit a ball, Ugh. It's torture

I don't mind the cold or the wind since our season is pretty short we make it through some pretty bad weather, but cold and rainy isn't fun for anyone!

RAIN and COLD

Easily its cold and windy. I hate cold and windy.

For me it has to be wind. I can deal with heat, don't mind the cold, and will even deal with humidity. Wind on the other hand just sucks the life out of me and my round.

Back