Harrison Shotmaker - THP Preview

I expect nothing less from one-t at the Morgan cup.

Tapatalk with Siri

Looked at this thread a few times but just now read the claims made by Harrison. 40% more accuracy... Really?!?!?! I should then, in theory, hit 12/14 to 14/14 fairways every time I play seeing as though not many of my misses are too ridiculously horrible. These seem like pretty stout claims.

I have been genuinely interested in the Shotmaker for a few months now when it was announced. I even went into a dealer asking about it and he told me my problem was my grip and charged me $40 for a 30 min lesson on grip... I know my grip sucked, I was compensating for a bad slice with a strong grip (which turned into a bad snap hook problem) and now that I have finally gotten used to a neutral grip I am slicing again... Golf is so much fun, right? :) I saw when THP reviewed it and read every single page here and while it looks great, the bad reviews are very bad. I have 4 or 5 months until I get to go back outside and golf so i will wait and see what they come up with in Jan with the all in one fitting insert that supposedly solves every problem. Sucks about Hawk, I wouldn't be happy either and that is the main reason i'm holding off.

I have been genuinely interested in the Shotmaker for a few months now when it was announced. I even went into a dealer asking about it and he told me my problem was my grip and charged me $40 for a 30 min lesson on grip... I know my grip sucked, I was compensating for a bad slice with a strong grip (which turned into a bad snap hook problem) and now that I have finally gotten used to a neutral grip I am slicing again... Golf is so much fun, right? :) I saw when THP reviewed it and read every single page here and while it looks great, the bad reviews are very bad. I have 4 or 5 months until I get to go back outside and golf so i will wait and see what they come up with in Jan with the all in one fitting insert that supposedly solves every problem. Sucks about Hawk, I wouldn't be happy either and that is the main reason i'm holding off.

Yeah I read the whole thread too and the shotmaker rep really did nothing to make me want to buy the product

What really annoyed me was how he seemed to dismiss all the negative results as people talking hypothetically even though they were really experiencing those problems.

Concept interests me, but the behavior of the rep promoting the product and the stance they seem to take towards any problems that occur just make this a no go.

Has anybody been successful installing the original shotmaker (83) in an R11 with stock TaylorMade Fujikura Blur (.350) ?

I read somewhere that the shotmaker fits about 85% of the .335 shafts but also about 50% of the .350

Been reading for awhile, but can't seem to find the appropriate answer

Thanks

Has anybody been successful installing the original shotmaker (83) in an R11 with stock TaylorMade Fujikura Blur (.350) ?

I read somewhere that the shotmaker fits about 85% of the .335 shafts but also about 50% of the .350

Been reading for awhile, but can't seem to find the appropriate answer

Thanks

Mirak, Have you tried contacting Harrison Sports directly through their website? I did see that their compatible shafts list only the Blur with the .335 tip and their incompatible shaft list is rather meager. Apparently it would fit my Adilla Rip Beta in my R11 but it has a .335 tip. I did read somewhere in this thread that Harrison would have an announcement about the .350 tips at the recent PGA merchandise show. I guess another reason to contact them directly.

On another note I think I've read this thread from beginning to end with only minor skims and it was more like an hour (of course I don't speed read like some) of my time not necessarily wasted, but disappointingly inconclusive on the merits of this product and the company that manufactures it. Of course the biggest question is:

Did Hawk ever get the Shot Maker removed?

Thankfully, I did get it removed.

I'm looking for some help with my Shotmaker. I have it installed in my Classic and every 2-3 rounds the screw kept coming loose and falling around inside the shaft. Since I don't have the drill bit tool that meant replacing the grip every 2-3 rounds. Finally today I said enough was enough and went to uninstall it. The directions say to remove the screw, then re-insert the tool and screw it into the end of the insert, then pull the insert out. I did that but the black threaded tip of the insert that is epoxied into the graphite part of the insert came out but not the insert itself. I called Harrison and they said to apply some epoxy to the black tip, put it back down into the graphite insert, let it cure, and then pull it out again. I am really not happy about this and I hope it goes OK. Has anyone else had to do this? Any tips?

What a shock that another person struggled with this thing. Take the grip off and bang the butt end of the shaft on a harder surface. It hopefully will pop out.

Posted via tapatalk

What a shock that another person struggled with this thing. Take the grip off and bang the butt end of the shaft on a harder surface. It hopefully will pop out.

Posted via tapatalk

Did that, no luck. Also tried hitting the butt end of the shaft with a rubber mallet with the head in the air. Nothing. I epoxied it like they suggested but my epoxy is slow-curing so I will see what happens in a few hours. I didn't like the idea of sliding a small piece of plastic covered in epoxy down my the inside of my shaft. (Chunky-before you post a reply get your mind out of the gutter) What happens for the average golfer who doesn't have epoxy handy?

OG this is what happened to me and I was never able to get the dang thing out again. I contacted Harrison and they said to send it to them and they would fix it, but I haven't done it yet.

They get shafted so to speak. What a terrible product this thing is.

Posted via tapatalk

OG this is what happened to me and I was never able to get the dang thing out again. I contacted Harrison and they said to send it to them and they would fix it, but I haven't done it yet.

Oh gosh, I wouldn't like the idea of sending my driver away to be "fixed".

They get shafted so to speak. What a terrible product this thing is.

Posted via tapatalk

No way. Despite no research on whether it fits, not working as advertised, ridiculous thoughts on why it wont be offered to the tour, it is a perfect piece of equipment.

Signed
Ridiculous Thought Maker

May I kindly send you a garbage shaft to try it in?

:D

Posted via tapatalk

Just thinking of how thankful I am that I never wasted money on the Harrison Shaft Breaker...I mean Shot Maker.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Well, after epoxying the black threaded tip into the shotmaker stuck in my shaft I had to let it cure. After that I had to pull really hard but I did get the Shotmaker out.

That's good OG. What a hassle.

So do these things work or not? Haha!

Back